Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  The Oscars 2009 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Reply
Author

The Oscars 2009

(Read 946 times)
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #75 on: February 25, 2009, 12:23 AM »

both
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #76 on: February 25, 2009, 12:26 AM »

both

Makes no sense.

Like I said, it's like Ben Stiller taking the piss out of Will Ferrell by dressing up and acting like Ron Burgundy. There's no humour to be derived from satirising satire. I don't see how you make a room of people laugh by making fun of something that they, according to you guys, think was a joke to begin with.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #77 on: February 25, 2009, 12:52 AM »

He's already started rapping. This is what he said while on stage.

“This is me saying this is who I am. This is my story. After all the years of reading scripts and reading lines, this is my chance to do something straight from the heart and put it out there.

“When I was young I liked punk rock music but then I discovered rap. I love the storytelling aspect of hip-hop.

“Are there people out there who think I’m a joke? I’m sure there will be. Are there people who think it’s going to suck? Probably, but I can’t worry about that.”

The way I see it is the only way that Ben Stiller did that parody while not thinking Joaquin Phoenix is serious is if he is in on the joke.

[ Last edit by Clydey February 25, 2009, 01:00 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 09:27 AM »

I think that all could be bull**** for his film and it's not far fetched to think that.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 10:52 AM »

I think that all could be bullsh*t for his film and it's not far fetched to think that.

We'll probably find out in the next few months.
IP Logged
scotlandsandy
Satellite Level

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #80 on: February 25, 2009, 01:19 PM »

watched half of the oscars that l had on tape.

Penelope Cruz should never have won best supporting actress. l've seen all those movies and to me the girl who played the nun in doubt should have got it. The other woman who played the mothers boy in doubt was also a great actress but she made me feel abit sick when the notters started to run down her nose into her mouth, that was abit hard to watch.

l thought Brad Pitts ex wife was avoiding giving him eye contact, must have been hard for her when Brad and Big lips was sitting in the front row.
Saw Edward Cullen, was that Dakota ***** he came out with? Should have been Bella not Dakota she hasn't even been in the movie yet.

Thought it was a bad lay out of the oscars and poor stage preformances

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #81 on: February 25, 2009, 01:22 PM »

watched half of the oscars that l had on tape.

Penelope Cruz should never have won best supporting actress. l've seen all those movies and to me the girl who played the nun in doubt should have got it. The other woman who played the mothers boy in doubt was also a great actress but she made me feel abit sick when the notters started to run down her nose into her mouth, that was abit hard to watch.

l thought Brad Pitts ex wife was avoiding giving him eye contact, must have been hard for her when Brad and Big lips was sitting in the front row.
Saw Edward Cullen, was that Dakota ***** he came out with? Should have been Bella not Dakota she hasn't even been in the movie yet.

Thought it was a bad lay out of the oscars and poor stage preformances

It wasn't Dakota Fanning. Can't remember her name, but it was one of the actresses from Mean Girls.
IP Logged
scotlandsandy
Satellite Level

Re: The Oscars 2009 « Reply #82 on: February 25, 2009, 01:25 PM »

It wasn't Dakota Fanning. Can't remember her name, but it was one of the actresses from Mean Girls.

She looks like Dakota.

The chinese guy who won best animation. Geezzz he was abit much
Fank-you, Fank-you,Fank-you.. could hear myself saying oh get aff ya clown.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »