Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Robert Peston's annoying voice! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Robert Peston's annoying voice!

(Read 5084 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Robert Peston's annoying voice! « on: September 25, 2008, 11:19 PM »

Can't believe I'm creating a thread on this and probably no one will reply but as an avid BBC News watcher one of the presenters is driving me crazy. How annoying is Robert Peston's voice?! He is the BBC's business editor and he drives me absolutely mad!!!!

I can't remember a TV presenter with such a stupid voice, he pauses his sentances in all the wrong places and also raises his voice at completely random times. Not only that but he acts like an arrogant cock!

Rory Bremner has taken the piss out of him, although his take is actually very kind, he's so much worse than that.

Anyone else heard him yet?

EDIT: Facebook group: http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41730507760
[ Last edit by Mark September 26, 2008, 03:45 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Robert Peston's voice « Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:29 PM »

OMG - the guy could do your head in!!!  What a twat!  His style of reporting stinks so badly it's really not funny!  
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 11:35 PM »

Yay, my first member of the club! hug

Go to 2:20 of the video I posted up, that's a very accurate take of his voice... god I don't understand why he hasn't been fired or at least told to sort it out no
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 01:12 PM »

I've taken to watching Bloomberg and CNN for business news because he's so crap!

He was an annoying twat when he blogged on the BBC News site... don't know if he still does.

(Start a Facebook group?)
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 01:22 PM »

That's so weird! I saw this guy on TV the other day and thought exactly the same thing! How did he get on TV? he's enough to make anyone change channels! Although I didn't know who he was until I came  onto this thread!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 03:39 PM »

I just found this, it's from The Times:

He navigates broadcasts with all the ease of a man in a blindfold driving down the M4. One watches, agog, to see if he will get to the . . . end . . . of . . . each . . . sentence. Then he will suddenly speed upandsayeverythinginarush. He puts heavy emphasis on the wrong words and punctuates his nasal analysis with nervous, snorting laughs.

(Start a Facebook group?)
Great idea!

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=41730507760
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 05:15 PM »

I've been watching him a hell of a lot recently as he's considered the guru of the economic crisis at the moment, and I have to say, he's drastically improved his voice. Very bearable now, maybe he's actually listened to the haters Smile
IP Logged
Sarah_
Top Seed

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 12:40 PM »

No he's still just as annoying I think. It doesn't help that he seems to be the first on the news and have the longest things to say with the economy in the state that it is. It's been driving me mad this week.  duh
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 12:52 PM »

The Facebook group is not doing too badly Very Happy
IP Logged
slightlyannoyed

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 06:57 PM »

(Please read the following in Peston's prickish voice)

Today, I have announced that I will be collecting a big fat BBC pay cheque worth millions of........ pounds. What does ..... this mean... for us? Well.... George, it means that the banks are giving me money to shut the f*** up so that millions of people who watch the news no longer have to deal with my smarmy arrogance, especially now that I have won an RTS award (somehow)

Dear God, please remove Peston from TV forever. His voice is not of your creation, so why let him s*** all over your lovely world. Wink
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Robert Peston's annoying voice! « Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 07:04 PM »

Welcome wave

Are you a Murray fan or did you just register to post about Peston? lol
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »