Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  MW is the best 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Reply
Author

MW is the best

(Read 1145 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

MW is the best « on: July 07, 2012, 02:45 PM »

Just want to say wanted to say how enjoyable it has been posting here at MW the last few months.  I'm so glad I joined this website.   cmon yeah yay

We have had arguments and expressed opinions.  We have ups and downs.  Its been fun Very Happy.  just love talking about the sport I love.  I guess that's what forums are for.  Its been a pleasure talking to everyone.  Everyone is so friendly.   Its been pretty special for me  especially because no one around me.. likes tennis as much as me.. (my friends, family).   I do have some friends that I play tennis so its not all bad Very Happy .  Some people ask  me at School.. why do you like/play tennis... its sh*t... why do you support Andy Murray... he's sh*t.  Well that's the way I am.  Everyone is different.  At least I have a interest in life.  thank you so much for everyone who has contributed to this forum and to the people who made the website Very Happy  I'm amazed at the amount of Murray fans across the world on this website.
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 July 07, 2012, 02:49 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: MW is the best « Reply #1 on: July 07, 2012, 04:06 PM »

What a lovely thread Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: MW is the best « Reply #2 on: July 07, 2012, 09:46 PM »

Yes John.....I agree. MW 'is' the best tennis forum around,  but I have to say, it's even better now you're here. Your contribution of photos and poems,  coupled with  good humour and boundless enthusiasm, have been a joy to behold. Thank you for cheering me up on many a grey day!  Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: MW is the best « Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 06:45 AM »

Agree with Caz. Gr8 to have u aboard johnj yay
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: MW is the best « Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:18 AM »

Johnj, there are many of us who agree with your sentiments regarding MW. It is fun and I've made many new friends on here with all the different threads as well as all the tennis news.
Even on busy days there's always time for MW - even just for a few minutes and it's ten times better than the 'official' website. From us oldies through all the age groups its popularity grows every year - thanks Mark and all those who do the excellent reports.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: MW is the best « Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 12:32 PM »

I don't know how I'd have coped with the roller coaster ride of supporting Andy without MW.  I know I'm sometimes critical of the ultra negative but for the most part I've found it supportive, informative, fun and a source of friendship.  So thanks to all who contribute, especially the moderators, and to jk for starting the thread and for all your photos etc.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: MW is the best « Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:31 PM »

Yeah would just like to say the same as John.

MW is the god/goddess.. wait, forums have genders? anyway, MW is a thrilling forum and I love the support that goes on here for one single man. It's extraordinary. I have made some very good friends here and am excited for the years to come. I even recommended it to a friend, and guess what? HE JOINED!

Thank you all for a wonderful few months...
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: MW is the best « Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 03:41 PM »

Hey John, I thank you for starting this thread. I really appreciate it clapping

I mentioned this in another thread and I'm doing it again, one of the best things I have done in life is to join this forum. I've made so many new friends who I've not even met and visit this forum when I dunno what to do.

I really thank Mark for starting this website. I've had a great time with all of you thanks to him.
I regret not knowing this website earlier...
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: MW is the best « Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 03:56 PM »

Yes we have different opinions on many things outside of tennis, but on the whole we support Andy. Last year was great with 2 Olympic medals and winning the US Open. Many on MW have waited for such a breakthrough and last year was fantastic and we could not ask more of Andy he has had his ups and downs but has never given up. He has shown passion and courage and at times tears but has still come through to win a GS. I hope he will win more GS this year and if he sheds a few more tears perhaps they will be tears of happiness
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MW is the best « Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 04:32 PM »

MurraysWorld is worthy of a Slam.  Thanks, Mark.  clap

The wealth of knowledge here is incredible. I appreciate everyone's effort to share news, opinions, stats, anecdotes, pictures, videos, and thanks to Nigel for his media stints.

Over my time here, I've got to know some fantastic people.

Thanks for sharing Andy's journey with me.. throughout the laughs, the tears, the highs and the lows.

Here's to Andy in 2013!
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: MW is the best « Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 04:42 PM »

I think MW is great. I find  that the contributers often explain things which I don't understand. I love the Head to Heads and the way people post progress on Murray matches so if one can't get to see them on TV or listen to them on the radio, you can get a feel of what happens and how well Murray is playing. My thanks to all those who make this site possible and interesting.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: MW is the best « Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 04:57 PM »

I only joined murrays world a few weeks back but the thing that most appeals to me is being able to interact with people who are as passionate about Andy & his tennis as I am, most of my friends have zero or very little interest in tennis, even the ones I go to coaching with aren't quite as fanatical about Murray. So for me it was quite a find when I came across this site. Some very helpful & friendly people also who go out of their way to help you learn the ropes. Thanks Eileen  wave
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: MW is the best « Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 09:41 PM »

I agree with all of the above and would like to send out a big thanks to Mark for starting the ball rolling and everyone else for giving it continued momentum.

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: MW is the best « Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 11:58 PM »

I've just surpassed 7 years on here - where did that time go search

It's the first place I look for what's going on Andy wise.

And there are those that, when I can't always be on here, will keep me updated, and thank you all for that. grouphug
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: MW is the best « Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 03:41 AM »

It's the first place I look for what's going on Andy wise.
And you're the first person I go to for the H2H. hug

IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »