Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Tuesday, Estimated time - 7:30pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Chit Chat  >  Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Reply

Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12709598

Guess the earth's plates have been feeling rather tense lately Frown At least Japan is like China in regards to the fact that they like to be prepared and probably have much better plans for various emergency responses than NZ.
IP Logged

Woah! The earth has not been treating us well these days.
IP Logged

We don't really treat the world well, either.
IP Logged
Caz

Events such as this leading up to the 2012 phenomenon.
Yeah.....I thought that was what you meant! Did you get my message on the supernatural thread?
IP Logged

We don't really treat the world well, either.
Yeah, that's what I said in my head as I typed that post but we all know that but what can you do.
IP Logged
Caz

Pray?
IP Logged

I feel sorry for all the tiny islands in the waves path that have no idea its on its way Frown
IP Logged

A bit late for that.  In the last year alone - earthquakes, floods, major volcanic eruption, unusual extreme weather conditions world-wide ... reckon it could be pay-back time for our planet.
IP Logged

Is there any proof that the regularity of these events is actually increasing though?
IP Logged

Not sure about increasing in general but surely the past year has seen a lot more major natural disasters then we usually have? Seems out of the ordinary to me.
IP Logged
Caz

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that there's been more since the Boxing Day tsunama a few years ago!
IP Logged

Is there any proof that the regularity of these events is actually increasing though?
I can't recall so many natural disasters/unusual weather conditions occurring in such a short period in my lifetime.  Strange that so much of this has been the worst for decades, or since records began.
IP Logged

Japan PM has declared a "nuclear emergency" after one of their reactor's cooling facility has failed. Think
IP Logged

Has there been more, or is it just the media are covering them alot more now? Think
IP Logged

To think the devastation that happened to Christchurch, and this earthquake is a thousand times more volatile.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Reply