Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake

(Read 4182 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #105 on: March 27, 2011, 11:06 AM »

There are worrying signs of recent criticality in several of the reactor cores...
Yes...really worrying! Those poor people! I can't help worrying about how far this could spread if the other reactors go!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #106 on: March 27, 2011, 11:41 PM »

And now the operators of the plant are trying to play down the radiation problem a little -

JAPAN RADIATION REPORT 'MISTAKEN'  [BBC News, 27 March, updated at 17:51]

The operators of a stricken Japanese nuclear plant apologise for a "mistake" in reporting a radiation spike but say levels are still very high.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world/asia_pacific/

Meanwhile there's no recent update on the earthquake in Burma, which given that country's secrecy about reporting anything, isn't surprising -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12852237
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #107 on: March 29, 2011, 02:01 PM »

"Extremely low" levels of radiation detected in Glasgow.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12892383
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #108 on: March 29, 2011, 02:36 PM »

We have the same thing here in Florida.I live about 50 miles away from a reactor.This is such an awful thing for those poor folk in japan.
I cried when my toilet overflowed let alone all this mess they have to clean up.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #109 on: March 29, 2011, 02:37 PM »

Yeah....just read that! They reckon though, that it's such a miniscule amount that it was only the efficiency of our extremely sensitive super duper detection system that we even know about it.     Trouble is.......do we believe that?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #110 on: March 29, 2011, 07:33 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iagLg45lAc&feature=player_embedded#at=49
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #111 on: March 29, 2011, 07:37 PM »

Think that ^ belongs in the Religious thread ...  lol  The Bible Belt inhabitants expressing their views ...
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #112 on: March 29, 2011, 07:38 PM »

Again why I think America sucks Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #113 on: March 29, 2011, 07:39 PM »

Religious fanatics, one and all.   lol

Oh, and that ^ looks suspiciously like baiting to me ...  naughty
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #114 on: March 29, 2011, 09:16 PM »

Religious fanatics, one and all.   lol

Oh, and that ^ looks suspiciously like baiting to me ...  naughty

Rolling Eyes No Daisy, not baiting. The other day I said America sucked in compassion and context of V's situation because of funding for college. Today I say it sucks because it's full of so many stupid people who would struggle to find even America on a world map. If I was trying to annoy you then you'd know all about it Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #115 on: March 29, 2011, 09:42 PM »

Rolling Eyes No Daisy, not baiting. The other day I said America sucked in compassion and context of V's situation because of funding for college. Today I say it sucks because it's full of so many stupid people who would struggle to find even America on a world map. If I was trying to annoy you then you'd know all about it Smile

Rolling Eyes Yes Hazel, baiting again, and again it would seem.  Either that or you have no idea what you're talking about.  Now, that sounds more like it.  Ignorance.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #116 on: March 29, 2011, 09:48 PM »

If that's baiting, I'm stepping down lol
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #117 on: March 29, 2011, 09:48 PM »

Was just reading through this...look out Julia, Andrew etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12892383

IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #118 on: March 29, 2011, 09:49 PM »

Oh yes, Daisy, and you know absolutely everything. How could anyone forget?

Rolling Eyes

I'm really curious as to how someone is an expert on another country James, having never visited that country.  Don't you find that a little strange?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #119 on: March 29, 2011, 09:50 PM »

If that's baiting, I'm stepping down lol

You can bait by stating facts, it's all about how they are expressed and their timing that decides the likely interpretation of them.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »