Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake

(Read 4622 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #120 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51 PM »

Was just reading through this...look out Julia, Andrew etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-12892383

Saw that today as well, even though it's harmless, scary to think if it turned out worse over in Japan, we could have possibly had issues here.

Wait a second, are you saying it's a fact that America sucks? Smile
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #121 on: March 29, 2011, 09:52 PM »

I'm really curious as to how someone is an expert on another country James, having never visited that country.  Don't you find that a little strange?

I'm not James?

Are you losing it?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #122 on: March 29, 2011, 09:54 PM »

highfive Was just thinking the same lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #123 on: March 30, 2011, 01:18 PM »

Doubt it Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #124 on: March 30, 2011, 01:18 PM »

I'm not James?

Are you losing it?

Nice try James Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #125 on: April 11, 2011, 01:28 PM »

backtotopic

This latest tremor struck shortly after the country stopped to observe a minute's silence to remember the nearly 28,000 dead or missing in the 11 March disaster.  Weird ...  nervous

Japan: Powerful earthquake hits north-east [BBC News, 11 April]

A powerful earthquake has hit north-east Japan, exactly one month after the devastating earthquake and tsunami.

The 7.1-magnitude tremor triggered a brief tsunami warning, and forced workers to evacuate the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant.

The epicentre of the quake was in Fukushima prefecture, and struck at a depth of just 10km (six miles).

It came as Japan said it was extending the evacuation zone around the nuclear plant because of radiation concerns.

Read more - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13032122
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #126 on: April 11, 2011, 01:36 PM »

OH My God! How awful! Those poor people! I hope Ruthie's OK......Is she home yet?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #127 on: April 12, 2011, 08:58 AM »

Japanese authorities have raised the severity rating of their nuclear crisis to the highest level, seven.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13045341
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #128 on: April 12, 2011, 12:08 PM »

OH My God! How awful! Those poor people! I hope Ruthie's OK......Is she home yet?
Thanks for thinking of me Caz.  Yes I'm safely home thanks.  Must have left just about 24 hours before this latest quake.  Awful for those living in that area.  And now more are having to evacuate because of the upgrading of the severity rating.  I really like Japan and people were so kind and hospitable to me.  I'd find it a difficult society to live in  especially as a woman, but there's also much that is very attractive about it.  Some very interesting discussions taking place there about how this might be a turning point for Japan particularly with regard to the young people who ae becoming more individualistic than their elders.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #129 on: July 05, 2011, 08:45 AM »

A 6.5 magnitude earthquake has shaken the East Coast around 3.30 this afternoon.

The quake was felt in the Hawke's Bay, Wellington and Christchurch and around the lower North Island.

Geonet confirmed the epicentre was located 30kms west of Taupo at 150 kms deep, with the quake measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale.

Callers to Newstalk ZB said it opened front doors and felt like a sharp jolting and shaking.
Wellington City Council say there are no immediate reports of damage.

Damn things are getting closer! nervous

Just found out that there was a quake near Melbourne today too:-

An earthquake has struck in Gippsland, with tremors felt throughout Melbourne and Victoria.

Reports of shaking have been tweeted by people from the city centre, Thomastown, Prahran, Blackburn and other inner suburbs.

The epicentre was reported at Korumburra about 120km southeast of Melbourne and the magnitude was believed to be 4.4.
There have been reports of falling trees, but none of serious damage or injury.
[ Last edit by Bevc July 05, 2011, 09:03 AM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #130 on: July 05, 2011, 10:59 AM »

Not good
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #131 on: July 06, 2011, 01:50 AM »

Time to come back to the UK perhaps?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #132 on: July 06, 2011, 07:22 AM »

These freaky weather disasters are becoming more and more frequent!......Scary!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #133 on: July 06, 2011, 10:23 AM »

Time to come back to the UK perhaps?

At the moment, I'd jump on a plane like a shot!  Hopefully, the feeling will wear off. Think
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Tsunami hits Japan after massive quake « Reply #134 on: July 06, 2011, 10:57 AM »

If the shakes aren't too bad I won't worry.  It says no one has been injured.  To think about these things is the cost you pay when you move out of Boring Britain :P lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »