Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  New Years Honours 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

New Years Honours 2012

(Read 666 times)
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: New Years Honours 2012 « Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42 PM »

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that golfer Rory McIlroy should have been awarded an MBE at the age of just 22?

My own feeling is that nobody under the age of 30 should get an award of any kind.  The whole system is so unfair with many well-deserving people having to wait until they're twice McIlroy's age, or older, before they get such recognition.

Completely agree.  It sets a bad precedent.  I'm a big fan of Rory and of golf but such awards should come at the back-end of playing career + Rory not yet known particulalrly for charity work.  I'm OK with Darren Clarke who's 'been around' a long time.

If Andy gets a Slam he'll probs get an OBE
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: New Years Honours 2012 « Reply #16 on: January 03, 2012, 02:09 PM »

If Andy gets a Slam he'll probs get an OBE.
Henman got one near the end of his career without winning Slam, so I reckon Andy should too even if he never wins one.  Look at his titles to date - 21 compared to Henman's 11 in his entire career, and only one of those was a Masters - and Andy, provided he keeps fit, has a good 5 or 6 years left.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »