Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 ... 606 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 231687 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8070 on: May 28, 2013, 08:53 AM »

With all that man has to think about, it's no wonder that he makes the odd mistake! I do wish the press would give him a break and leave him in peace to do his job!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8071 on: May 28, 2013, 12:44 PM »

Typical of the American press. God he is the president as long as he is polite and says thanks what's the beef. I would hate for myself and family under the constant gaze of the press and others.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8072 on: May 28, 2013, 02:44 PM »

With all that man has to think about, it's no wonder that he makes the odd mistake! I do wish the press would give him a break and leave him in peace to do his job!
It looked to me from the video that Obama, not surprisingly, was looking preoccupied with something.  Also the marine wasn't standing at the foot of the steps but was a few feet beyond them, which seemed a bit silly to me, but no doubt there's a reason.

Typical of the American press. God he is the president as long as he is polite and says thanks what's the beef. I would hate for myself and family under the constant gaze of the press and others.
I can understand why the US press could get excited about it because it strikes me that Americans want perfection in everything, and Obama isn't short of detractors anyway, but I do object to sensationalist papers like the Daily Mail sticking their noses into what really is none of their or our business unless it's something serious.  Also the Republicans will do everything they can to discredit him and incidents like this are manna to them.

As for the umbrella 'gaffe' - what a farce.  For a start, these men have gone through the extremely tough boot camps as part of their recruitment training, so are they likely to fall apart if some rain falls on them?
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8073 on: May 28, 2013, 02:58 PM »

As for the umbrella 'gaffe' - what a farce.  For a start, these men have gone through the extremely tough boot camps as part of their recruitment training, so are they likely to fall apart if some rain falls on them?

It's not even a gaffe, considering it's a "honor" to serve the president in that sort of capacity. I really wish I could say otherwise but the Obama hate from the Republican side is completely unfounded except if you look at Obama's race. I wouldn't even dare call him a real liberal; if you look at his policies he tends to be moderate at best. Maybe if Obama was a radical liberal, I'd somehow understand the vitriol he gets.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8074 on: June 02, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Finally someone high up who's brave enough not to run to Islam's defence simply claiming it's a peaceful religion.

Tony Blair: 'there is a problem within Islam'

There is a problem within Islam – from the adherents of an ideology which is a strain within Islam.

We have to put it on the table and be honest about it. Of course there are Christian extremists and Jewish, Buddhist and Hindu ones.

But I am afraid this strain is not the province of a few extremists. It has at its heart a view about religion and about the interaction between religion and politics that is not compatible with pluralistic, liberal, open-minded societies.

At the extreme end of the spectrum are terrorists, but the world view goes deeper and wider than it is comfortable for us to admit. So by and large we don’t admit it.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8075 on: June 02, 2013, 05:23 PM »

@ Mark
Blair's considered a joke in the middle east. Peace negotiator Rolling Eyes
Apparently he won't go to Palestine, far too dangerous.....yes, true dat  Think
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8076 on: June 02, 2013, 06:08 PM »

I've only got one thing to say about Blair, but Mark would ban me!  Whistle
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8077 on: June 02, 2013, 06:10 PM »

I'm no fan of Blair, just happy to see someone as notable as him being honest about this particular issue.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8078 on: June 02, 2013, 06:22 PM »

I'm no fan of Blair, just happy to see someone as notable as him being honest about this particular issue.
That's not what I meant Mark, but you may not have liked my choice of language!  w00t
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8079 on: June 08, 2013, 03:32 AM »

Anyone else read the conspiracy theories about the Boston marathon bombing? Been reading an article today. Google the man that lost both legs. Some interesting pictures out there Think
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8080 on: June 08, 2013, 04:21 AM »

Anyone else read the conspiracy theories about the Boston marathon bombing? Been reading an article today. Google the man that lost both legs. Some interesting pictures out there Think

The thing is with conspiracy theories is they are becoming more surreal than ever these days, with the advent of the internet and camera phones, people will see what they want to see and then someone posts it on a blog and before you know it, the story gets changed over time and it goes viral with the end result nowhere near the truth.

Of course we all know that 9/11 was in fact all done with CGI, man never landed on the moon because it was clear the flag was blowing in the wind and the attack on Pearl Harbour was known in advance but Eisenhower decided to let it happen so that the US could enter WW2 with public support. Smile

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8081 on: June 08, 2013, 04:35 AM »

It's pretty much all stupid.

The only thing that I might consider fishy is the interrogation of the man suspected in the triple homicide with Tamerlan after the fact. That whole FBI investigation seemed like it was against all protocol from the beginning. But not a conspiracy theory or anything.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8082 on: June 08, 2013, 05:01 AM »

Was that the man that was being questioned and went crazy and tried to stab people with a concealed knife and was killed? 

I can only remember tv coverage of the bombings but when you look at some photos, things don't really match up.  There's one with a group of people around a man that has blood on him but all his limbs intact, and the guy with his limbs blown off right next to him, with no one attending him  confused  I've posted a link to the photo - I'm not bothered about the blog.  I read the article in a magazine purchased her in NZ.

http://enfordummies.com/wordpress/more-proof-evidence-boston-bombing-man-leg-blown-off-fake/
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8083 on: June 08, 2013, 05:55 AM »

Was that the man that was being questioned and went crazy and tried to stab people with a concealed knife and was killed? 

Yeah.

I can only remember tv coverage of the bombings but when you look at some photos, things don't really match up.  There's one with a group of people around a man that has blood on him but all his limbs intact, and the guy with his limbs blown off right next to him, with no one attending him  confused  I've posted a link to the photo - I'm not bothered about the blog.  I read the article in a magazine purchased her in NZ.

http://enfordummies.com/wordpress/more-proof-evidence-boston-bombing-man-leg-blown-off-fake/

I'm not going to look at that because I don't really stomach graphic photos well but I'm unsure of how that would be considered a conspiracy of anything. People were shocked and probably unable to really figure out anything at that point. All the conspiracies that have been brought out seem to make little to no sense.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8084 on: June 08, 2013, 06:58 AM »

The theory is that it was set up and that particular 'victim' was an actor.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 ... 606 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »