Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 1 Member and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 ... 604 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 230176 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8085 on: June 08, 2013, 07:28 AM »

The theory is that it was set up and that particular 'victim' was an actor.

I realize that the theory is that the government set it up. Which still makes no sense.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8086 on: June 08, 2013, 07:53 AM »

dontknow
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8087 on: June 08, 2013, 10:52 AM »

I realize that the theory is that the government set it up. Which still makes no sense.
I can't see Obama doing that either, but I wouldn't have put it past Bush though!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8088 on: June 08, 2013, 01:06 PM »

The irony of that website's title. "Are you believer or do you THINK?".

But while we are on topic of conspiracies, some do turn out right. For example the recent big news about the US government snooping on everyone with these major companies. Apparently people had been talking about this in the conspiracy circles and I suppose it turned out true.

What has people particularly worried is Microsoft were the first to jump in and now they are putting out a console that has a device that is always listening by default. Also, you apparently cant disconnect the component either. They say you can disable or pause the functionality but that's on a software level so I'm sure you can still see the problem here.
[ Last edit by Mark June 08, 2013, 01:55 PM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #8089 on: June 08, 2013, 01:40 PM »

The irony of that website's title. "Are you believer or do you THINK?".

But while we are topic of conspiracies, some do turn out right. For example the recent big news about the US government snooping on everyone with these major companies. Apparently people had been talking about this in the conspiracy circles and I suppose it turned out true.

What has people particularly worried is Microsoft were the first to jump in and now they are putting out a console that has a device that is always listening by default
. Also, you apparently cant disconnect the component either. They say you can disable or pause the functionality but that's on a software level so I'm sure you can still see the problem here.

Funny you should say that because yesterday I posted in Gaming Talk asking what anyone's thoughts were on this console.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8090 on: June 08, 2013, 01:58 PM »

And another interesting thing: Microsoft purchased Skype 10th of May 2011. Skype was added to this secret spying project on the 2nd of June 2011.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8091 on: June 08, 2013, 06:18 PM »

The thing is with conspiracy theories is they are becoming more surreal than ever these days, with the advent of the internet and camera phones, people will see what they want to see and then someone posts it on a blog and before you know it, the story gets changed over time and it goes viral with the end result nowhere near the truth.

Of course we all know that 9/11 was in fact all done with CGI, man never landed on the moon because it was clear the flag was blowing in the wind and the attack on Pearl Harbour was known in advance but Eisenhower decided to let it happen so that the US could enter WW2 with public support. Smile
There's actually strong documentary evidence to show that that was in fact the case.  Also the president in question was Roosevelt, not Eisenhower.

I can't see Obama doing that either, but I wouldn't have put it past Bush though!
Like the invasion of Iraq, which was largely based on a series of lies ... and then there's the question mark over Bush's part in 9/11.  Did he too allow it to happen by turning a blind eye to the fact that it was known by Intelligence that a major terrorist attack on the US was imminent?  I certainly thought his reaction to being told the news of this atrocity was very strange, namely that his expression didn't change and he immediately carried on talking to the person next to him.   OK, so you don't expect a President to start rushing round like a headless chicken, but some reaction would surely have been expected? 
[ Last edit by Aileen June 09, 2013, 03:06 AM ] IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8092 on: June 08, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Dear! Oh dear! Oh dear!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8093 on: June 08, 2013, 07:49 PM »

I don't think an American president would go that far even Bush. There are so many stories going about  but for some american conspiracy about 9/11 is ridiculous even I could not agree with that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8094 on: June 09, 2013, 03:04 AM »

Dear! Oh dear! Oh dear!
I don't think an American president would go that far even Bush. There are so many stories going about  but for some american conspiracy about 9/11 is ridiculous even I could not agree with that.
It's not as ridiculous as it sounds, unless of course you think that the New York Times reporter is into telling fairy-tales: "Bush White House didn't listen to 9/11 warnings" - http://digitaljournal.com/article/332613#ixzz2Vg8aaXQ5http://digitaljournal.com/article/332613   There are a few other similar articles to be found on the internet, so can they all be wrong?

The question therefore has to be, why did Bush chose to ignore such grave warnings?  Either he was a weak, ineffectual President who chose to put his country's security in danger rather than try to do anything about it, or, like Roosevelt, he was a warmonger who was willing to use any excuse, no matter what, to have a go at al-Qaeda.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 09, 2013, 03:08 AM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8095 on: June 10, 2013, 10:52 PM »

I hope everyone has watched the interview with the guy who leaked the secret NSA project.

He is incredibly articulate and fascinating to listen to.

[ Last edit by Mark June 10, 2013, 11:00 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Thread « Reply #8096 on: June 10, 2013, 11:01 PM »

^ Amazing.  A thoroughly good guy.  No sides - just tells it like it is.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8097 on: June 10, 2013, 11:12 PM »

This guy on the other hand ...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Thread « Reply #8098 on: June 10, 2013, 11:20 PM »

^ My Bullshitometer just went off the scale!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8099 on: June 10, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Alex Jones finds a conspiracy in absolutely everything and therefore can't be taken seriously. However, I'm really disappointed with the host - telling your guest to "shut up" several times is just not on.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 539 [540] 541 542 543 ... 604 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »