Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 578 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: News Thread  (Read 214794 times)
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: News Thread « Reply #8235 on: July 23, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Does anyone else see a resemblance between Middleton and Sears?

I see one with Pippa and Kim. Think
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8236 on: July 23, 2013, 04:30 PM »

I see one with Pippa and Kim. Think

I don't but maybe Andy does - that could be why he prefers Pippa to Kate.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8237 on: July 23, 2013, 04:37 PM »

I am not a royalist and would rather see the end of it. In this day and age it is totally  outdated. It just continues to keep the class system in operation which I hate. It's who you know not what you know. I would not wish them any harm but I think to keep the royal family is outdated and continues the old boy network who have all gone to public school. This government is full of them, they don't have a clue as to how ordinary people live.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Thread « Reply #8238 on: July 23, 2013, 07:23 PM »

Thank god.     Finally the baby is oot.     Now can you all calm the **** down.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8239 on: July 23, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Yes maybe his parents will get some peace and quiet as we will too.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8240 on: July 23, 2013, 08:05 PM »

I am not a royalist and would rather see the end of it. In this day and age it is totally  outdated. It just continues to keep the class system in operation which I hate. It's who you know not what you know. I would not wish them any harm but I think to keep the royal family is outdated and continues the old boy network who have all gone to public school. This government is full of them, they don't have a clue as to how ordinary people live.
Inverse snobbery and outdated I think, if as you think the royal family if outdated why is it that the media from all over the world have been camped  out for days. This outdated family bring a lot of trade to this country as well being admired all over the world. But at the end of the day you have your opinion and I have mine.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8241 on: July 23, 2013, 08:10 PM »

Inverse snobbery and outdated I think, if as you think the royal family if outdated why is it that the media from all over the world have been camped  out for days. This outdated family bring a lot of trade to this country as well being admired all over the world. But at the end of the day you have your opinion and I have mine.

Because the media hype them up to be some important family. lulz
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8242 on: July 23, 2013, 08:52 PM »

But, Michelle, you make it sound like you have your opinion, which is wrong, and I have mine, which is right.   It is nothing to do with inverse snobbery - it's whether you believe in a monarchy or a republic.   I would prefer a republic myself.    It matters not to me whether the media from all around the world camp out for days.    I have little respect for the media.   Neither do I have much faith in adulation by a majority - the majority have been wrong before.
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8243 on: July 23, 2013, 10:10 PM »

+1
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Thread « Reply #8244 on: July 23, 2013, 10:58 PM »

I would hate to be a part of the royal family - no privacy at all.         I really don't get all the hysteria about it - it's just another baby being born into the world.                  The amount of money that the tax payers pay for the royals is quite ridiculous really.        I just don't get why we need a royal family.  *shrug*
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #8245 on: July 24, 2013, 02:32 PM »

As an outsider, I believe there is a certain magic to the royalty.  I remember as a very small child seeing Queen Elizabeth coronated on our black and white small screened TV.  On many of my trips to the UK, to me it was magical going into the castles and palaces and hearing the stories of the families who lived there. I do also think that people travel to the UK and spend money there to see the castles, the changing of the guard, Shakespere's cottage, look for Nessie, view the beautiful countryside and gardens.  It is an amazing place!

I have traveled to many countries, and those who do not have royalty are just somewhat boring, like I traveled all these many hours just to be in a place that is like the US.  I'm not saying that the US is boring as there are many wonderful places here to visit, but if I travel a distance to a foreign country, then I would like it to be different than my home.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8246 on: July 24, 2013, 03:01 PM »

I agree the history of the country is great in UK. However do we need a royal family the answer is No. The year is 2013 and ordinary people are more interested in living standards and how they are going to pay the bills. All the pomp is great but has to be paid for by the tax payers. The Royal family has it's own money the Queen herself is worth a fortune but she gets money from the state for the upkeep of Buckingham Palace and her other residences. So she is not hard done by, by any means.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8247 on: July 25, 2013, 01:17 AM »

Nice choice of middle name..... Wink
Shame they weren't allowed to choose an interesting first name though and had to pick one of the stock 2 or 3 royal names.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8248 on: July 25, 2013, 10:14 AM »

George.....'tiller of soil'......farmer!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8249 on: July 26, 2013, 12:28 AM »

Hopefuly he'll be the first King Alexander. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 547 548 549 [550] 551 552 553 ... 578 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »