Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 ... 603 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 229894 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8310 on: August 07, 2013, 12:55 PM »

I remember it well LB.......He hit it with a shovel!  Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8311 on: August 07, 2013, 03:58 PM »

I watch that too sometimes Aileen! Did you see that poor little mare that had been abandoned and left to starve? I just don't understand how people can be so cruel to innocents......animals and children both! 
Yes I do remember seeing that, and there was another one where several horses had been maltreated. They were just kept in a large paddock with nowhere to exercise.  Some were saved but others had to be put to sleep.  I don't know how people can be so cruel either.  They must be really sick.

I remember watching "Ring of bright water" staring Bill Travers and an otter called "Midge" I loved that film. He bought the otter from a pet shop but eventually moved from London to the Scottish Highlands. Wild animals are meant to be free and not kept as pets. It was sad as the otter was killed by someone who thought it was a stoat.
I never saw the film but read the book.  It was beautiful, until the otter got killed.  So terribly sad. 

IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: News Thread « Reply #8312 on: August 09, 2013, 07:18 PM »

lol.   Amazing article. http://thepessimist.com/2013/08/07/how-to-be-outraged-on-the-internet/
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8313 on: August 09, 2013, 08:06 PM »

lmao  Brilliant!  Looks like some of those commenting on the article are trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to get in on the act too - but if they are being genuine then god help us!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8314 on: August 10, 2013, 12:51 AM »

For some folks that would be by commenting on a Murray match thread when Andy dares to be losing  Whistle
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8315 on: August 16, 2013, 07:57 AM »

I was very sad to hear that Mark Sutton, the stuntman who parachuted from a helicopter dressed as James Bond for our Olympic opening ceremony, was killed in Switzerland on Wednesday, while 'flying off a mountain' in a special suit! He was only 42 years old! RIP
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8316 on: August 16, 2013, 11:03 AM »

Top of south island and serveral parts of north island in NZ hit by a series of aftershocks following a 6.6 quake this afternoon.  We felt either the initial quake or an aftershock in Hamilton. blink  Seddon on south island and Wellington on north island most affected.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8317 on: August 16, 2013, 11:30 AM »

It was massive. We all had to dive under the desks then made a quick getaway from the office once it was over.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8318 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42 AM »

^^ Glad you're both ok and hope it's over now......and to think we're always moaning about our weather here!  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8319 on: August 16, 2013, 12:38 PM »

It's just normal life in a country that's built on volcanoes which are held together by faultlines!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8320 on: August 16, 2013, 10:16 PM »

It's just normal life in a country that's built on volcanoes which are held together by faultlines!
Well rather you than me!  I'm very glad you, Bev and Tom are OK though.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8321 on: August 16, 2013, 10:30 PM »

It was massive. We all had to dive under the desks then made a quick getaway from the office once it was over.
Glad you are Ok.i moan about hurricanes but at least we know when one is on its way.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8322 on: August 19, 2013, 11:48 AM »

Oscar Pistorius was formally charged this morning, with the murder of his girlfriend. He is to remain on bail till the trial which begins on March 3rd next year. Apparently, over 100 witnesses will testify! It'll be interesting to see the outcome!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8323 on: August 19, 2013, 06:29 PM »

Oscar Pistorius was formally charged this morning, with the murder of his girlfriend. He is to remain on bail till the trial which begins on March 3rd next year. Apparently, over 100 witnesses will testify! It'll be interesting to see the outcome!
I don't know what to make of it all, but it seems that the trajectory of the bullet could be crucial, i.e. did Pistorius fire the shot when he was standing on his stumps, which is what he claims, or was it fired when he was wearing his prostehtic limbs?  Whatever the outcome he's still going to be charged with having illegal ammunition, which also carries a jail sentence.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8324 on: August 19, 2013, 06:53 PM »

I can't see why someone would do that without a warning at least Aileen, but it'll be interesting to see what happens at the trial!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 554 [555] 556 557 558 ... 603 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »