Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 ... 600 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 227210 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8520 on: November 29, 2013, 08:16 PM »

Whatever. It means a lot.
I take no sh*t from anyone when it comes to Dubai so, WATCH IT! :P
Given that it's the first Middle Eastern city to do so, I don't blame them.  Heck some places get totally OTT when it comes to hosting a major sports event like the football World Cup!  Trade is much more important.

Fantastic pic -

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8521 on: November 30, 2013, 09:34 AM »

Heartfelt wishes to those caught up in the tragic accident in Glasgow grouphug
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Thread « Reply #8522 on: November 30, 2013, 10:06 AM »

Just put sky news on to the news of this horrific chopper crash in Glasgow!

That pub would have been packed full on a friday night, its a Glasgow institution famed for its live bands. Thoughts go out to all involved Frown
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8523 on: November 30, 2013, 11:14 AM »

Heartfelt wishes to those caught up in the tragic accident in Glasgow grouphug

Amen! Nothing more to add
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Thread « Reply #8524 on: November 30, 2013, 11:41 AM »

I would also like to express my sincere sympathy for those caught up in the tragedy in Glasgow overnight, and send my thoughts to them, their families and friends, and all the people of Glasgow and Scotland.

I was just going to bed when the news broke last night, but I stayed awake for a while to watch the news. I was very moved to hear stories of normal members of the public who potentially put themselves at risk in their attempts to help. Their bravery in such difficult circumstances is humbling.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8525 on: November 30, 2013, 12:56 PM »

Just heard the news about the helicopter crash in Glasgow. Looks as though there will be more injured people to find. I hope that they will be found and treated. Great praise for the people who went back to help the injured out and for the emergency services who have a hard job. I to like others wish to express my sympathy for those who died and are injured.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8526 on: November 30, 2013, 12:58 PM »

At least one fatality with more expected!  Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8527 on: December 01, 2013, 12:54 AM »

8 fatalties now, probably 9 with another man having been found inside the pub, but the full extent of the tragedy won't be known until they can lift the helicopter, an extremely delicate and dangerous operation which is scheduled to start tonight.  I'd like to think that nobody else will be found, but it's known that at least one person is unaccounted for.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8528 on: December 01, 2013, 07:02 AM »

In case there are any fans of 'The Fast and The Furious' here......actor Paul Walker died in a car crash yesterday afternoon. He was only 40! RIP Paul!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: News Thread « Reply #8529 on: December 01, 2013, 08:50 AM »

In case there are any fans of 'The Fast and The Furious' here......actor Paul Walker died in a car crash yesterday afternoon. He was only 40! RIP Paul!

omg! What else is gonna happen this weekend?? 2 mornings in a row have woke up to such tragic news Frown I loved Paul Walker, a gorgeous man taken too soon.

RIP to him and all those in the Glasgow helicopter crash.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8530 on: December 01, 2013, 09:46 AM »

omg! What else is gonna happen this weekend?? 2 mornings in a row have woke up to such tragic news Frown I loved Paul Walker, a gorgeous man taken too soon.

RIP to him and all those in the Glasgow helicopter crash.
What a shame eh Angie? He was driving in Los Angelus and I think there was a collision with another car. Two people died, but no info on the other person, but I'm assuming that it was the other driver! It's always bad when these tragedies occur, but somehow I think it's worse for the families when it happens at this time of year! Seems to me that something always happens around Christmas.....train crashes.....planes ect.  Frown Please God.......no more this year!  pray
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8531 on: December 01, 2013, 10:08 AM »

Best wishes to all those affected by the Glasgow disaster. And RIP Paul Walker. Sounds like it was just their car which lost control and hit a tree, perhaps trying to do the kind of things they do in his films. Driver was his friend who was also killed.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8532 on: December 01, 2013, 06:13 PM »

What a shame eh Angie? He was driving in Los Angelus and I think there was a collision with another car. Two people died, but no info on the other person, but I'm assuming that it was the other driver! It's always bad when these tragedies occur, but somehow I think it's worse for the families when it happens at this time of year! Seems to me that something always happens around Christmas.....train crashes.....planes ect.  Frown Please God.......no more this year!  pray
Sadly Caz this news broke about three hours ago - http://uk.msn.com/?ocid=U218DHP&pc=U218

They say things come in threes, so let's hope that's all for the rest of the year. Frown
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8533 on: December 01, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Sadly Caz this news broke about three hours ago - http://uk.msn.com/?ocid=U218DHP&pc=U218

They say things come in threes, so let's hope that's all for the rest of the year. Frown

This is unreal.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8534 on: December 02, 2013, 06:49 AM »

Yes Aileen.......That thought actually ran through my mind yesterday, as I was typing my post, which is why I added the prayer at the end.......then I saw this on the news! 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 568 [569] 570 571 572 ... 600 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »