Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 607 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 232320 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8655 on: April 10, 2014, 03:26 PM »

Sorry - but I wholly disagree.  Every death is 'relevant'.  Very sorry for Margo McDonald and her family - but at least she lived a life.  Just so very sad for Peaches Geldof - a young Mum and a great talent who for whatever reason didn't feel she wanted to be here. Totally breaks my heart.
I feel the same Elly, and as I did once attempt suicide through a (prescription) drug overdose I know how she must have been feeling, if that was indeed what happened.  Unfortunately for the family it'll take several weeks to get the results of toxicology tests.  What a nightmare to have to go through.

They are speculating she had an eating disorder and heart failure caused by bulimia could have been the cause for her sudden death.
Tragic as that is, I really hope that something like this is found to be the cause for the sake of her family.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Thread « Reply #8656 on: April 10, 2014, 03:38 PM »

I feel the same Elly, and as I did once attempt suicide through a (prescription) drug overdose I know how she must have been feeling, if that was indeed what happened.  Unfortunately for the family it'll take several weeks to get the results of toxicology tests.  What a nightmare to have to go through.
Tragic as that is, I really hope that something like this is found to be the cause for the sake of her family.
   There is some suggestion that she was on a high fruit diet which may have raised potassium which could cause heart problems under an intensive exercise regime.  But suicide is much more newsworthy, isn't it, especially with her hinterland. She always seemed like a bright young woman to me.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Thread « Reply #8657 on: April 10, 2014, 03:51 PM »

There is some suggestion that she was on a high fruit diet which may have raised potassium which could cause heart problems under an intensive exercise regime.  But suicide is much more newsworthy, isn't it, especially with her hinterland. She always seemed like a bright young woman to me.
And she had her two children to live for. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8658 on: April 10, 2014, 05:01 PM »

If this is the case then it sounds as though her diet wasn't being supervised.  Unfortunately many people put themselves on strict diets without seeking medical advice first, which they really should do because of imbalances the diet could cause in their bodies.  We're like finely-tuned instruments where even a slight change could be enough to upset the body's chemistry, sometimes with unpleasant results.

Of course suicide makes for sensational media headlines because, sadly, that sort of thing sells newspapers, but unfortunately being bright and intelligent, or even having a young family to consider, doesn't stop people from becoming so depressed they just want to end it all.  In fact psychiatric research shows that the more intelligent the person the more likely they are to fall victim to mental health problems.  It's equally possible though that, if she did indeed take an overdose, then it was an accidental one.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8659 on: April 10, 2014, 05:27 PM »

RIP Sue Townsend, a wonderful, witty left wing woman who satirised our political times through the life of Adrian. She was very poor at one time and increasingly ill.

BTW Geldoff's mother died when he was 11 of a brain aneurysm, as did another member of his close family,   sister? Could be a genetic weakness. No point speculating.
[ Last edit by blueberryhill April 11, 2014, 07:06 AM ] IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8660 on: April 27, 2014, 12:06 AM »

Nearly 3000 americans went  to court to give up therir citizenship to the USA,thats just this year.The number getsa bigger every year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8661 on: April 27, 2014, 12:35 AM »

Nearly 3000 americans went  to court to give up therir citizenship to the USA,thats just this year.The number getsa bigger every year.
Presumably that means they no longer want to live in the US?  I can't think of anyone who's given up their UK citizenship though, apart from some who've settled permanently abroad, particularly if they already have dual nationality like my Scottish/Polish cousins who've lived in Poland since they were children.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8662 on: April 27, 2014, 12:45 AM »

Presumably that means they no longer want to live in the US?  I can't think of anyone who's given up their UK citizenship though, apart from some who've settled permanently abroad, particularly if they already have dual nationality like my Scottish/Polish cousins who've lived in Poland since they were children.

My sister and her husband have both given up their UK citizenship and are American citizens.    I can understand dual citizenship but I cannot understand relinquishing your nationality.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8663 on: April 27, 2014, 09:03 AM »

^No....me neither! confused I'll always be proud to be Scottish and British and wouldn't dream of giving up either!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8664 on: April 27, 2014, 02:29 PM »

I have dual citizenship and would never give either one up. I love Scotland and Australia were many of my family and friends live.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8665 on: April 27, 2014, 03:31 PM »

^No....me neither! confused I'll always be proud to be Scottish and British and wouldn't dream of giving up either!
I am still a Britt have been asked so many time by airport check in why I still hold a british passport ,the thought of denouncing Briitain makes me feel sick.I have lived here since 1968,I still tear up when i hear the national anthem.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8666 on: April 27, 2014, 03:52 PM »

I do hope the family is given the findings of the toxicologist soon.  I don't hold out a lot of hope though.  My sister died in the hospital Peaches was taken to eighteen months ago and we still don't have a definitive toxicology report.  The coroner was forced to return an open verdict at her inquest and we are still waiting for answers.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8667 on: April 27, 2014, 05:00 PM »

hug
I do hope the family is given the findings of the toxicologist soon.  I don't hold out a lot of hope though.  My sister died in the hospital Peaches was taken to eighteen months ago and we still don't have a definitive toxicology report.  The coroner was forced to return an open verdict at her inquest and we are still waiting for answers.
I'm so sorry to hear that Alis! I hope you and your family manage to get some closure soon!  hug  I lost a sister too......almost 5 years ago now, but it still seems like yesterday!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8668 on: April 27, 2014, 06:26 PM »

Thanks Caz - losing a sibling is never easy.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8669 on: April 27, 2014, 06:42 PM »

and me also
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 577 [578] 579 580 581 ... 607 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »