Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 223302 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #6705 on: February 12, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Very sad news that.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #6706 on: February 12, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Love this, I want to move there.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #6707 on: February 16, 2012, 09:04 AM »

Police have busted what they say is one of New Zealand's biggest P-lab operations.

In a joint raid with the help of Auckland and Bay of Plenty police, Waikato police seized methamphetamine, or P, cash, firearms and chemicals from properties in Cambridge, Waitomo and Oruanui, north of Taupo on Wednesday.

http://nz.news.yahoo.com/a/-/top-stories/12926582/police-bust-huge-p-operation-in-waikato/

So we have P labs in the town where I live in NZ and in my home town in the UK, a young 13 year old is stabbed to death in a park.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-17052775

no
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #6708 on: February 17, 2012, 12:57 AM »

Very sad story here...

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=huski+dog+killing+infant&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDsQqQIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wpxi.com%2Fnews%2Fnews%2Flocal%2F3-day-old-hospitalized-after-dog-attack-mckeesport%2FnH6jL%2F&ei=oaQ9T5bzOMPs0gHwpN20Bw&usg=AFQjCNFTZ952GpNw--nXwGEF3LMS8ijKAw

3-day-old infant dies after dog attack in McKeesport

McKEESPORT, Pa. --The Allegheny County coroner said a 3-day-old infant was killed after a husky attacked him at a McKeesport home Thursday morning.

Police said the attack happened Thursday around 9:30 a.m. inside of a home on Scott Street.

Howard Nicholson was flown to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh where he later died at 10:55 a.m.

The McKeesport police captain Tim Hanna said the baby was lying on the floor in a carrier when the husky grabbed the child by the head.

Ron Filo lives next door and said the scene was chaotic as police and paramedics tried to save the baby.

“I just don’t understand how things could have gone so wrong,” Filo said. “I just feel so bad for the whole family.”

Filo also said he drove Nicholson’s mother to hospital to deliver and then drove them home Wednesday night.

“They were so happy to bring him home,” Filo said. “It’s emotional. There are no words to say except to pray for the baby.”

Police said there were three other dogs inside of the home at the time of the attack, including a pit bull. Animal Control officers took the husky and pit bull out of the home.

The Allegheny County District Attorney’s office will decide if Nicholson’s 21-year-old mother, whose name has not been released, will be charged and if neglect played a role in the death
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6709 on: February 17, 2012, 09:11 AM »

Amanda Knox, the young American cleared of murdering her British housemate Meredith Kercher in 2007 in the Italian city of Perugia, has signed a book deal with HarperCollins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17069980

Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6710 on: February 17, 2012, 09:14 AM »

Very sad story here...

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=huski+dog+killing+infant&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CDsQqQIwBA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wpxi.com%2Fnews%2Fnews%2Flocal%2F3-day-old-hospitalized-after-dog-attack-mckeesport%2FnH6jL%2F&ei=oaQ9T5bzOMPs0gHwpN20Bw&usg=AFQjCNFTZ952GpNw--nXwGEF3LMS8ijKAw

3-day-old infant dies after dog attack in McKeesport

McKEESPORT, Pa. --The Allegheny County coroner said a 3-day-old infant was killed after a husky attacked him at a McKeesport home Thursday morning.

Police said the attack happened Thursday around 9:30 a.m. inside of a home on Scott Street.

Howard Nicholson was flown to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh where he later died at 10:55 a.m.

The McKeesport police captain Tim Hanna said the baby was lying on the floor in a carrier when the husky grabbed the child by the head.

Ron Filo lives next door and said the scene was chaotic as police and paramedics tried to save the baby.

“I just don’t understand how things could have gone so wrong,” Filo said. “I just feel so bad for the whole family.”

Filo also said he drove Nicholson’s mother to hospital to deliver and then drove them home Wednesday night.

“They were so happy to bring him home,” Filo said. “It’s emotional. There are no words to say except to pray for the baby.”

Police said there were three other dogs inside of the home at the time of the attack, including a pit bull. Animal Control officers took the husky and pit bull out of the home.

The Allegheny County District Attorney’s office will decide if Nicholson’s 21-year-old mother, whose name has not been released, will be charged and if neglect played a role in the death

Tragic but you don't leave babies unattended with animals about no
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6711 on: February 17, 2012, 10:26 AM »

Amanda Knox, the young American cleared of murdering her British housemate Meredith Kercher in 2007 in the Italian city of Perugia, has signed a book deal with HarperCollins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17069980

Think
Well, IF she is innocent, she certainly deserves compensation and this would count towards that.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #6712 on: February 20, 2012, 08:16 PM »

I think the Knox trail was a farce. The evidence was badly treated and DNA not reliable. I still think she had some part in it. The guy who was put in prison I think was made a scapegoat and no one was there for him.
Knox got all her support from americans  who made all the noise for her benefit.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Thread « Reply #6713 on: February 20, 2012, 08:23 PM »

^How the hell do you know all the above? Your only privy to what's reported in the press and they recently hav,nt been smelling of roses.
The thing is , these type of trials are treated as soap operas and joe public don't have a clue....it's just treated as another form of reality entertainment
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6714 on: February 20, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Littlebuddha was on the jury, doh.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Thread « Reply #6715 on: February 20, 2012, 08:38 PM »

One day, there will be a phone in to decide these trials ....trust me........infact does any one know Simon Cowell,s phone number ?
[ Last edit by robbie February 20, 2012, 08:43 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #6716 on: February 21, 2012, 07:16 PM »

Mark if I had been on the jury I would have thought that there was some doubts about her and her Italian boyfriend story. It just did not add up.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6717 on: February 21, 2012, 07:53 PM »

She was clearly innocent. The entire trial was a joke.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6718 on: February 21, 2012, 09:34 PM »

This highly controversial Australian case has been opened again nearly 32 years after a mother was accused of murdering her baby, but has always maintained her innocence claiming that her baby had been taken away by a dingo and killed, something which had never been documented before.

Australia Asks Again: Did a Dingo Kill the Baby?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/australia-asks-dingo-kill-baby-15751076#.T0QJSofUMSY
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6719 on: February 22, 2012, 12:12 PM »

Google's HUD glasses expected to go on sale this year

...the glasses will be Android-based and have the capability to tap into Google's cloud-based location services and detail users' surroundings. This information will then appears as an augmented reality computer display.

The navigation system is used by head-tilting to scroll and click on features such as a small built-in camera with a flash and I/O for voice input and output. The glasses will also reportedly come equipped with CPU/RAM/storage hardware.

drool
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 447 [448] 449 450 451 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »