Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 ... 609 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 236616 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #6870 on: April 01, 2012, 12:38 PM »

MT when I was studying for my nursing I went to college and as soon as you opened the door you could smell cannabis. Yet I would not call students "druggies". The medical use of cannabis has increased and if it helps people who are ill I am in quite happy for people to use it. I am all for drugs being made legal it would stop crime, people stealing to get money for drugs and stop HIV infection from dirty needles. I think it is better to have control of drugs and crime associated with drugs. If this was done in a legal way many users would be free of illness and stealing to buy drugs would stop.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #6871 on: April 01, 2012, 05:42 PM »

MT when I was studying for my nursing I went to college and as soon as you opened the door you could smell cannabis. Yet I would not call students "druggies". The medical use of cannabis has increased and if it helps people who are ill I am in quite happy for people to use it. I am all for drugs being made legal it would stop crime, people stealing to get money for drugs and stop HIV infection from dirty needles. I think it is better to have control of drugs and crime associated with drugs. If this was done in a legal way many users would be free of illness and stealing to buy drugs would stop.
More people would take them.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #6872 on: April 01, 2012, 06:47 PM »

More people would take them.
You don't accept then that the law has any deterrent effect at all? Drugs have a terrible effect - and by the way some of the most recent horrific murders in Scotland have been linked directly to cannabis which is very far from harmless - and as soon as the state / society sanctions drug use then more and more people will tkae them. I think we should be trying to reduce drug use.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #6873 on: April 01, 2012, 10:10 PM »

To move on from this.
Brilliant that she won-know let's see what happens

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17577620
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6874 on: April 05, 2012, 07:37 PM »

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6875 on: April 08, 2012, 11:17 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2126358/Pictured-Google-founder-creates-spectacle-modelling-Google-Glasses.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6876 on: April 08, 2012, 11:56 PM »

I think Mark mentioned these a while back.  Quite amazing, and will obviously appeal to some of the "must-have" technos who want to live in an absolutely instant environment.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6877 on: April 09, 2012, 04:04 AM »

Edinburgh Zoos Pandas Fail To Mate [Mail, 5 April]

If Edinburgh Zoo was hoping for the patter of tiny panda feet, they may want to put off decking out the nursery for another 12 months.

Britain's only pandas had one final chance to mate this morning but time was running out fast for them to breed successfully.

Yesterday, 'natural sparks' flew between Yang Guang and Tian Tian, but the pair failed to go the whole hog, as female Tian Tian's 36 hour optimum window of fertility draws to a close today.

Keepers at Edinburgh Zoo opened a 'love tunnel' between the two enclosures after tests showed Tian Tian had ovulated.

They met five times on Tuesday and 'several times' again yesterday but failed to ignite the 'spark'.

The pandas were allowed a final chance to mate this morning but keepers were fast losing hope that Tian Tian will get pregnant this year.

Despite developments, they said yesterday the attempted couplings had been 'immeasurable' for the bears because they were both sexually inexperienced.

Iain Valentine, director of research and conservation at the zoo, said: 'Each time the pair met, we saw a huge amount of eagerness and attraction.

'There was lots of vocalisation and encouragement from our female and physical contact between the two. He mounted her several times, however full mating did not occur.'

Mr Valentine said that although both animals had bred before and produced cubs with other pandas, they are both still 'relatively inexperienced'.

He added: 'At the end of the day, this is year one of a 10-year conservation project here at Edinburgh Zoo.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #6878 on: April 09, 2012, 02:17 PM »

James and I went to go see the pandas in January, they're lazy as ****.

Makes you wonder if as a species, they'd become extinct naturally, since it's so hard to mate pandas.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #6879 on: April 09, 2012, 02:36 PM »

^ The mothers also have difficulty bonding with their babies.  Ever seen a baby panda being born?... it's like watching the birth of a screeching Pokemon Mew.. with the mother looking down at it and thinking wtf is THAT?!

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6880 on: April 10, 2012, 04:55 PM »

Anyone else getting incredibly pissed off at the UN? You can blame China and Russia all you want but a couple of countries should not have the power to prevent the international community from preventing this level of mass murder.
[ Last edit by Mark April 10, 2012, 04:59 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #6881 on: April 10, 2012, 04:56 PM »

Anyone else getting incredibly pissed off at the UN?

yes
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #6882 on: April 10, 2012, 05:51 PM »

Yes Russia and China have left it too late by using their veto's. Hope something is done soon to stop all those innocent people being killed in Syria. Syrian Troops firing across the borders of Turkey and Lebanon into the camps provided for those fleeing people. You would think the Arab countries would be more involved in taking care of other Arab citizens.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6883 on: April 11, 2012, 01:19 AM »

James and I went to go see the pandas in January, they're lazy as f**k.
The main worry isn't their laziness but the fact that, since they live in adjacent cages, it has been suggested by some animal experts that they'll come to see each other as siblings and therefore won't mate.  And that, after the obscene amount of money the Zoo paid for them, and their special houses, would end up with an awful lot of red faces.

The mothers also have difficulty bonding with their babies.  Ever seen a baby panda being born?... it's like watching the birth of a screeching Pokemon Mew.. with the mother looking down at it and thinking wtf is THAT?!

OMG!  Had to turn the sound off!  Well at least in the end the mother decided she'd better do something about the tiny cub.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #6884 on: April 13, 2012, 07:58 AM »

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 458 [459] 460 461 462 ... 609 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »