Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 1 Member and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 ... 591 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 221394 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7245 on: September 17, 2012, 10:58 AM »

Seen that on the news. All the trouble in the east, is building!! Spreading like a plague! This is really worrying.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News Thread « Reply #7246 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02 AM »

I haven't looked into this much but apparently this is just two leaders who have to show they are strong ahead of elections and therefore are not willing to compromise.

So looks like a period of sabre rattling rather than a serious fallout between both countries.

So what, the tens of thousands of people protesting in the street, smashing Japanese cars and damaging Japanese companies' property is all sabre rattling?

Let's not forget that there have been reports for decades of Chinese children being indoctrinated to hate the Japanese people.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7247 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10 AM »

So what, the tens of thousands of people protesting in the street, smashing Japanese cars and damaging Japanese companies' property is all sabre rattling?
I was more referring to the seriousness of the diplomatic situation behind the scenes. As in, it would never escalate into military action.

Perhaps this is not much different to the Falklands dispute. The country's claim is tenuous but the leader is forced to take it seriously for their own political benefit. And then the suffering population use it as an excuse to let off steam and express their hatred for the other country whilst also rallying behind their leader.
[ Last edit by Mark September 17, 2012, 11:13 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7248 on: September 17, 2012, 11:21 AM »

I clearly haven't been following what's been going on.. why do China now hate Japan?

Dispute over some islands off the coast of China and Japan.  They have each been taking it in turns to land on them and fly their respective flags.  Possilbe drilling rights could be in there too.

http://www.3news.co.nz/China-aims-at-Japans-economy-in-island-protests/tabid/313/articleID/269601/Default.aspx
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7249 on: September 17, 2012, 04:31 PM »

There are 1,000 Chinese boats heading for those disputed Japanese islands. And apparently under the US-Japan security treaty, the Americans might be obligated to defend the islands.

Now this is finally getting interesting.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News Thread « Reply #7250 on: September 17, 2012, 04:37 PM »

So looks like a period of sabre rattling rather than a serious fallout between both countries.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7251 on: September 17, 2012, 04:51 PM »

Save it for later and let's see what happens. I still don't think this is a genuine fallout between the governments and can't see the protests leading to military action.

The only reason it's got this far is due to elections for both countries. But I suppose that fact alone is the wild card here.
[ Last edit by Mark September 17, 2012, 04:57 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7252 on: September 17, 2012, 05:48 PM »

Military conflict is certainly a damaging action, but it isn't the only type of action that could harm both countries and the rest of the world.

IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #7253 on: September 18, 2012, 07:13 AM »

Seen that on the news. All the trouble in the east, is building!! Spreading like a plague! This is really worrying.

Agree. That's trouble for us all.
And the conflict in Syria goes on and on. Those poor, poor children. Awful.
The innocent always suffer the most in conflict.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7254 on: September 19, 2012, 01:44 PM »

"Perhaps a Star Trek experience within our lifetime is not such a remote possibility." These are the words of Dr. Harold "Sonny" White, the Advanced Propulsion Theme Lead for the NASA Engineering Directorate. Dr. White and his colleagues don't just believe a real life warp drive is theoretically possible; they've already started the work to create one.

http://gizmodo.com/5942634/nasa-starts-development-of-real-life-star-trek-warp-drive
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7255 on: September 19, 2012, 04:00 PM »

Mark, if you want to know our 'true' capabilities, Google 'Ben Rich....Lockheed Skunk Works.....UFOs' and let him tell you! Ben Rich was a director of Lockheeds, in charge of the 'black projects'..... He developed 'Stealth' amongst other things!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7256 on: September 19, 2012, 04:44 PM »

Sounds interesting! Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7257 on: September 19, 2012, 04:45 PM »

Have you read it?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7258 on: September 19, 2012, 04:46 PM »

Read what exactly?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7259 on: September 19, 2012, 04:57 PM »

Ok.....different question. Have you googled what I suggested?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 ... 591 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »