Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 ... 610 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 250935 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7275 on: September 23, 2012, 12:38 AM »

This video has absolutely no connection to Obama and I'm baffled as to why the suggestion is being made. It's the first I've heard of this opinion.
With Presidential elections so close I wouldn't put anything past Mitt Romney and his pals.  I admit I don't know a great deal about American politics but it's always seemed to me that the Republicans will stop at nothing if they think it'll discredit their opponent.  Not that the Democrats are whiter than white, far from it - but they do seem to play a little less dirty than the Republicans.

Anyway Romney's such a gaffe-prone ass**** who comes across, at least in the UK, as dripping with insincerity that I don't know why anyone would want him as President.  I have American friends in this country who don't care for Obama but who've freely admitted all along that he has an extremely good chance of being elected for a second term, thanks to the fact that it's Romney who's running against him.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7276 on: September 23, 2012, 01:18 AM »

Great stuff Andrew.  Thanks.

I truly can't understand the huge fuss the Muslims are making over this issue.  When the news first broke my immediate thought that it was some Holywood production they were getting so excited about.  Couldn't believe it was some piddling, badly home-made film by a complete nobody in the US, and yet the US government were getting the rap for it to the extent that their embassies had either been attacked or were in danger of being so.  Do they even have a clue who this person is?

What is scary though is just how easily wound up these Muslims get.  Hardly surprising that the Middle East is, and always has been, such a tinder-box.

Is there anything they don't make a fuss about?

People will poke fun at anything. It doesn't matter what it is or how serious it is. Famine; murder; natural disasters; disability; sexuality; religion etc. etc. etc.  We can all be horrified and disgusted but we can't go about demanding those people be killed for making a joke. I remember watching a protest march on Sky news and a sign was held up that (believe it or not) said, 'Behead those who say Islam is violent'. I mean seriously?

I agree with everything Pat Condell said.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7277 on: September 23, 2012, 01:53 AM »

With Presidential elections so close I wouldn't put anything past Mitt Romney and his pals.
It would be utterly devasting for the Republican party if this got leaked out so I don't see it being true.

The authorities think they know the person responsible for it and he doesn't seem like the person you'd want trust to keep their mouth shut.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7278 on: September 23, 2012, 01:59 AM »

Is there anything they don't make a fuss about?

People will poke fun at anything. It doesn't matter what it is or how serious it is. Famine; murder; natural disasters; disability; sexuality; religion etc. etc. etc.  We can all be horrified and disgusted but we can't go about demanding those people be killed for making a joke. I remember watching a protest march on Sky news and a sign was held up that (believe it or not) said, 'Behead those who say Islam is violent'. I mean seriously?

I agree with everything Pat Condell said.
What annoys me even more is the way the PC brigade fall over backwards to try to accommodate Muslims' perceived sensitivities.  The joke is though that most Muslims living here couldn't care less what we do and simply get on with their own lives.  It's the more radical ones that make a fuss.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7279 on: September 23, 2012, 02:45 AM »

If people here have suggestions that the US and Western Europe take a no-tolerance policy to what Islamic countries prefer to not be shown, then I also suggest you start living with the idea that we're going to be starting a full-on war (or at least have such trade embargos that your precious gas and oil will be considerably more expensive).

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7280 on: September 23, 2012, 06:27 AM »

@Mark
Aileen @12.38am made my point really. I am not saying that the Republican Party was involved, but do believe  individual right wingers would do anything to derail Obama, and I mean anything.
Do you remember last election that little charmer who hounded Obama to produce his birth certificate?
In spite of all Romney's gaffs the polls are incredibly close and just about anything could tip the balance.
Also, I remember a really decent Democrat candidate who pulled out after an "official" dirty tricks campaign.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7281 on: September 23, 2012, 10:54 AM »

What annoys me even more is the way the PC brigade fall over backwards to try to accommodate Muslims' perceived sensitivities. 
Every inch we give them is incredibly dangerous to our society. We can't afford to forget that they have no respect for us infidels and our values. It's their mission to take control of our Western countries and implement their barbaric Sharia law.

A higher price of oil might be worth the sacrifice over women losing their rights and becoming just property.

Pew poll of Pakistan Muslims: 85% favour gender segregation by law in the workplace. 82% for stoning adulterers. 76% death penalty for apostasy.

[ Last edit by Mark September 23, 2012, 11:05 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7282 on: September 23, 2012, 11:11 AM »

Oh...My...God!  shocking [Poll]     I agree wholeheartedly with your comment Mark!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7283 on: September 23, 2012, 11:21 AM »

Every inch we give them is incredibly dangerous to our society. We can't afford to forget that they have no respect for us infidels and our values. It's their mission to take control of our Western countries and implement their barbaric Sharia law.

A higher price of oil might be worth the sacrifice over women losing their rights and becoming just property.

Pew poll of Pakistan Muslims: 85% favour gender segregation by law in the workplace. 82% for stoning adulterers. 76% death penalty for apostasy.

Ignoring the idea of war, then?

I am in no way condoning their view of women, but if it was as easy as you're making it out to be, it would have already been done.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7284 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39 AM »

Ignoring the idea of war, then?
No, I just hope it doesn't happen but if it were it wouldn't change my view on this.

I am in no way condoning their view of women, but if it was as easy as you're making it out to be, it would have already been done.
It's not possible within our lifetime, it's more an evolution. Consider these two things: 1) The Muslim birth rate. 2) Increased tolerance for their values.

I'm all for multiculturalism, I'm from London after all. But you've got a problem when a group of people that are growing faster than any other, don't value the ideals of their country and would drastically change them if they could. The state of Iran before and after the revolution is a reminder of how devastating this could be to freedom and rights.
[ Last edit by Mark September 23, 2012, 11:44 AM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7285 on: September 23, 2012, 12:23 PM »

No, I just hope it doesn't happen but if it were it wouldn't change my view on this.
It's not possible within our lifetime, it's more an evolution. Consider these two things: 1) The Muslim birth rate. 2) Increased tolerance for their values.

I'm all for multiculturalism, I'm from London after all. But you've got a problem when a group of people that are growing faster than any other, don't value the ideals of their country and would drastically change them if they could. The state of Iran before and after the revolution is a reminder of how devastating this could be to freedom and rights.

Don't value the ideals of their country? Are you talking about the Muslims in Britain because I highly doubt the majority of Muslims in Britain are fanatical like the people who live in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

You wouldn't change your views on the idea of not tolerating the radicals, because you wouldn't be the one heading off to war. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No one is doubting that the way those cultures operate infringe on freedom and human rights. I have stated that myself. However, your proposal of zero-tolerance comes from a place of naivety.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7286 on: September 23, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7287 on: September 23, 2012, 02:16 PM »

Don't value the ideals of their country? Are you talking about the Muslims in Britain because I highly doubt the majority of Muslims in Britain are fanatical like the people who live in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

You wouldn't change your views on the idea of not tolerating the radicals, because you wouldn't be the one heading off to war. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No one is doubting that the way those cultures operate infringe on freedom and human rights. I have stated that myself. However, your proposal of zero-tolerance comes from a place of naivety.
Ehhhh, I don't think Mark mentioned zero tolerance and you may be right about not all Muslims in this country being fanatical, but there are still far too many young women 'in this country' being done to death just for refusing to tow the line!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7288 on: September 23, 2012, 03:57 PM »

There are sharia courts in this country and the family's of female victims pressure them to use them over the infidel courts. The result? No justice of course - they're women.

It's already started.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7289 on: September 23, 2012, 05:02 PM »

Is this true Mark?  shocking We know these awful crimes against these girls have been going on for decades, but I thought if someone was charged, they would have to be tried in our courts!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 483 484 485 [486] 487 488 489 ... 610 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »