Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 ... 594 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 223956 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7290 on: September 23, 2012, 05:14 PM »

Every inch we give them is incredibly dangerous to our society. We can't afford to forget that they have no respect for us infidels and our values. It's their mission to take control of our Western countries and implement their barbaric Sharia law.

A higher price of oil might be worth the sacrifice over women losing their rights and becoming just property.

Pew poll of Pakistan Muslims: 85% favour gender segregation by law in the workplace. 82% for stoning adulterers. 76% death penalty for apostasy.
And Muslims still maintain that Islam is a peace-loving and tolerant religion?!

Then there's the question of arranged marriages - not entirely peculiar to Islam admittedly - but this still does happen in Britain.  Wasn't a young woman murdered recently because her family didn't approve of her relationship with a non-Muslim.  A so-called "honour killing"?

Edinburgh too is a fairly multicultural city, and I've no objection to that per se, but the Muslim population just seems to grow and grow, and in certain areas it's easy to start wondering which country you're living in.  Also - and I suppose it does seem amusing - it grates with me that nearly every tourist shop selling Scottish souvenirs and clothing is owned and run entirely by Asians!  They're no doubt Scottish born and bred, but I still find it a bit of an affront.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7291 on: September 23, 2012, 06:53 PM »

Is this true Mark?  shocking We know these awful crimes against these girls have been going on for decades, but I thought if someone was charged, they would have to be tried in our courts!
It all happens behind closed doors without any records being kept. As long as the victim doesn't inform the police, they can do the whole thing privately in a Sharia court. They do officially have quite a lot of power but even where there are limits, the imams probably often go beyond knowing they won't be reported by anyone involved.

This disturbing trend has been highlighted this week by revelations that, during an undercover investigation, two imams from Islamic centres, one based in Peterborough, the other in East London, expressed their willingness to marry an under-age Muslim girl — aged just 12 — to a man in his 20s under the aegis of Sharia law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2202991/Sharia-marriages-girls-12-religious-courts-subverting-British-law.html

That's two courts in different areas of England and it had to be discovered through undercover operations. These are representatives of the Muslim communities here. It seems to me the so called moderate Muslims are the ones we should be fearing in this country, not just those from the Middle East.

And Muslims still maintain that Islam is a peace-loving and tolerant religion?!
It's no surprise - the Quran could be made into a 'slasher' movie.

[ Last edit by Mark September 23, 2012, 07:09 PM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #7292 on: September 23, 2012, 07:36 PM »

Don't value the ideals of their country? Are you talking about the Muslims in Britain because I highly doubt the majority of Muslims in Britain are fanatical like the people who live in Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

You wouldn't change your views on the idea of not tolerating the radicals, because you wouldn't be the one heading off to war. Correct me if I'm wrong.

No one is doubting that the way those cultures operate infringe on freedom and human rights. I have stated that myself. However, your proposal of zero-tolerance comes from a place of naivety.

There is a vast gulf between the two cultures so there is no way of knowing how the majority of Muslims in this country feel about the demonstrations but I have not heard much in the way of condemnation.    Also it is unlikely that a minority would show much in the way of fanaticism - much smarter to move slowly, winning small concessions as in Sharia courts - until you are  strong enough to flex your muscles.  Our politicians are so keen to be seen as open minded they are willing to water down our values to accommodate others.   
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7293 on: September 24, 2012, 12:38 AM »

It all happens behind closed doors without any records being kept. As long as the victim doesn't inform the police, they can do the whole thing privately in a Sharia court. They do officially have quite a lot of power but even where there are limits, the imams probably often go beyond knowing they won't be reported by anyone involved.

This disturbing trend has been highlighted this week by revelations that, during an undercover investigation, two imams from Islamic centres, one based in Peterborough, the other in East London, expressed their willingness to marry an under-age Muslim girl — aged just 12 — to a man in his 20s under the aegis of Sharia law.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2202991/Sharia-marriages-girls-12-religious-courts-subverting-British-law.html

That's two courts in different areas of England and it had to be discovered through undercover operations. These are representatives of the Muslim communities here. It seems to me the so called moderate Muslims are the ones we should be fearing in this country, not just those from the Middle East.
There is a vast gulf between the two cultures so there is no way of knowing how the majority of Muslims in this country feel about the demonstrations but I have not heard much in the way of condemnation.    Also it is unlikely that a minority would show much in the way of fanaticism - much smarter to move slowly, winning small concessions as in Sharia courts - until you are  strong enough to flex your muscles.  Our politicians are so keen to be seen as open minded they are willing to water down our values to accommodate others.   
From that article it seems they're also completely unaware as to what's going right under their noses.  Hopefully the findings of that undercover investigation will waken them up sufficiently to give serious consideration to Baroness Cox's bill.

However if Sharia courts are operating secretly in England then surely that means they're also at work in Scotland?

Incidentally, three days ago there was a peaceful protest about the US film outside the Scottish Parliament by 200 Muslims, who also handed in a petition "calling for some regulations to be placed on the freedom of speech to reduce the risk of religious hatred."  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-19680144

Can we therefore assume that they want these regulations to also curb the religious hatred spouted by their own Imams?  I doubt it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7294 on: September 24, 2012, 11:15 AM »

no 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #7295 on: September 24, 2012, 05:12 PM »

There's no freedom of speech to incite hatred, whoever's doing it.
Haven't seen the video but it seems to me it's sole intent was to incite violence.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7296 on: September 24, 2012, 07:43 PM »

Haven't seen the video but it seems to me it's sole intent was to incite violence.
But surely you can't incite violence without first verbally inciting hatred?  And that's exactly what the more radical Imams in the UK have been doing for years - verbally whipping up hatred in the hope that violence and destruction will come out of it, and worryingly they've had some success.  Unless the government gets a firm grip on this and stops pussy-footing around about imprisonment and deportation, then it's only going to be a matter of time before something very serious happens in this country.  British Muslims may on the whole seem peaceful on the surface, but who knows what's going on underneath?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7297 on: September 24, 2012, 08:56 PM »

It really doesn't matter - it's part of a bigger issue. Whether it's a professionally drawn cartoon in a newspaper or an amateur video uploaded to YouTube, the reaction is always the same. An overreaction involving violence.  I'm sure you wouldn't accuse a political cartoonist for inciting violence and hatred because they drew Muhammid or some other religious figure.

The fact such petty actions lead Muslims to violence and murder should be your concern, not those that are causing the offence.
[ Last edit by Mark September 24, 2012, 09:02 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7298 on: September 24, 2012, 11:59 PM »

I only heard the news about Abu Hamza after I made my earlier post.

Thank goodness this evil man and four other terrorists are finally being deported to the US.  I have never been more grateful to the European Court for Human Rights for overturning their claim that they could be ill-treated in the high-security American prison to which they were destined to be sent.  Quite pathetic, given that these fanatics have no regard whatsoever for other people's human rights.

The UK government should have done this long ago instead of racking up millions of £££ in detention and legal costs to be footed by the tax-payer.  Unfortunately it's another very good, and very worrying, example of the desire of those who are running the country to be seen as not causing offence to ethnic minorities, and Muslims in particular, because they fear reprisals. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7299 on: September 25, 2012, 08:13 PM »

There are 1,000 Chinese boats heading for those disputed Japanese islands. And apparently under the US-Japan security treaty, the Americans might be obligated to defend the islands.

Now this is finally getting interesting.

Well, that turned out to be a storm in cup from a barbie's tea set.

Back the ships go. Life goes on.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7300 on: September 25, 2012, 11:06 PM »

Every inch we give them is incredibly dangerous to our society. We can't afford to forget that they have no respect for us infidels and our values. It's their mission to take control of our Western countries and implement their barbaric Sharia law.

A higher price of oil might be worth the sacrifice over women losing their rights and becoming just property.

I used to work in a university and you would not believe the amount of things we couldn't do or say. I would say some were because they caused offense or could possibly cause offense.

I was an administrator and as part of my job I had to deal with payments etc to our PhD students for the teaching they did as part of their course. I remember being introduced to 10 students. On a weekly basis they all had to come and see me to go through various things.  I remember having to email one student because he had not submitted his tutorial sheets or his expense forms. It meant I was late delivering information to our finance office.  Several days later he emailed me to say that he would be meeting our Head of Dept. on a weekly basis and not dealing with me.  I had no idea what I had done wrong or if I had indeed done something wrong. My boss told me it was nothing to worry about BUT I hadn't to email this student.  It created a lot of fuss and I'll admit it riled me as I had no idea what was going on. At my annual review I felt I had to mention it and it turned out that this male muslim student did not want to deal with me because I wore a cross around my neck. Not that it is relevant but it's a tiny diamond cross that I wear more for sentimental reasons than anything else. Needless to say I was absolutely furious and more with my boss than the student.

We had another lecturer who was informed that a complaint had been made against him. He had been seen offering to shake the hand of a female muslim student at induction week. Was it the girl who complained? No. It was another muslim student - a man - that had witnessed it and was appalled.  An email went out to ALL lecturers telling them they had not to shake the hand of ANY student unless the student offered their hand first.

We had to say winter holidays instead of Christmas. That included any generic email to students. We were asked not to display Christmas cards in our office. That was not an order but merely a friendly request. Heaven forbid we should offend non-Christians.

The fuss that was made for muslim students for exams that fell on a Friday. Well, you just couldn't imagine.  

Barely a week went by that I wasn't getting what they called a 'respect' email.  Don't do this. Don't do that. Don't say this. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm glad to be out of it to be honest. We pander to people like this and it bloody angers me.

I could tell a million stories but you probably wouldn't believe me.
[ Last edit by IonaRed September 25, 2012, 11:18 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7301 on: September 25, 2012, 11:55 PM »

It's funny how Muslims seem to be the least tolerant of religious groups and yet shout the loudest with their demands for tolerance from the rest of us.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7302 on: September 26, 2012, 12:06 AM »

IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: News Thread « Reply #7303 on: September 26, 2012, 12:43 AM »

It was a very good speech. I watched the entire thing this afternoon and was impressed.  Its just a shame that the people who need to understand its plight will never set eyes or ears upon it. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7304 on: September 26, 2012, 01:37 AM »

I used to work in a university and you would not believe the amount of things we couldn't do or say. I would say some were because they caused offense or could possibly cause offense.

I was an administrator and as part of my job I had to deal with payments etc to our PhD students for the teaching they did as part of their course. I remember being introduced to 10 students. On a weekly basis they all had to come and see me to go through various things.  I remember having to email one student because he had not submitted his tutorial sheets or his expense forms. It meant I was late delivering information to our finance office.  Several days later he emailed me to say that he would be meeting our Head of Dept. on a weekly basis and not dealing with me.  I had no idea what I had done wrong or if I had indeed done something wrong. My boss told me it was nothing to worry about BUT I hadn't to email this student.  It created a lot of fuss and I'll admit it riled me as I had no idea what was going on. At my annual review I felt I had to mention it and it turned out that this male muslim student did not want to deal with me because I wore a cross around my neck. Not that it is relevant but it's a tiny diamond cross that I wear more for sentimental reasons than anything else. Needless to say I was absolutely furious and more with my boss than the student.

We had another lecturer who was informed that a complaint had been made against him. He had been seen offering to shake the hand of a female muslim student at induction week. Was it the girl who complained? No. It was another muslim student - a man - that had witnessed it and was appalled.  An email went out to ALL lecturers telling them they had not to shake the hand of ANY student unless the student offered their hand first.

We had to say winter holidays instead of Christmas. That included any generic email to students. We were asked not to display Christmas cards in our office. That was not an order but merely a friendly request. Heaven forbid we should offend non-Christians.

The fuss that was made for muslim students for exams that fell on a Friday. Well, you just couldn't imagine. 

Barely a week went by that I wasn't getting what they called a 'respect' email.  Don't do this. Don't do that. Don't say this. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I'm glad to be out of it to be honest. We pander to people like this and it bloody angers me.

I could tell a million stories but you probably wouldn't believe me.
I think I could believe them, Iona.  Your story about the cross in particular really made me angry.  Why?  Because we have to kowtow to their beliefs, and the one thing that makes my blood boil is the fact that Muslim women in the UK are allowed to wear the niqab (face veil).  They can wear the burka if they want, but hiding their faces just isn't acceptable.  In fact it's pretty scary.  I was on a bus recently when three very tall persons got on, all dressed from head to toe in black with just a slit for their eyes.  I assumed they were women, but for all I knew they could have been male terrorists.  The French government had the guts to ban both the niqab and the burka, but it seems our mamby-pamby lot are scared to ban even the niqab in case they cause offence.  I have no objection to Sikhs wearing the turban - at least it doesn't conceal their faces.  But as far as PC goes, please don't get me started on the subject of golliwogs ...  Even the Queen was forced to have them removed from the shop at Sandringham.

And as for the idiots who say we mustn't mention Christmas.  What the heck are they taking about?  In Edinburgh, at least, there are many Asian shops which actually sell Christmas cards!  The truth is that the Muslims have their own religious celebrations and couldn't care less about ours, and the same goes for Jews, Sikhs, Hindus and Buddhists.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 ... 594 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »