Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 1 Member and 3 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 ... 601 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 227738 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7350 on: October 02, 2012, 07:56 PM »

I read this a few years ago. Was Savile's alleged evil sh*t common knowledge around the Beeb then? He didn't seem to deny any of the stuff Merton, Deayton and Hislop were suggesting. Unbelievable that this was apparently known about but never went beyond a bit of police questioning.
It's all satire though, he probably didn't know they were being serious. It's only at the end where Merton goes off on one that it becomes apparent that he's not joking around.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7351 on: October 02, 2012, 08:00 PM »

It's just been announced the police have arrested a man they think may have abducted April Jones. It turns out, he is known to the family, which would explain why she got into his vehicle willingly! No sign of her though! I hope to God he's just locked her up in a garden shed somewhere, unharmed!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7352 on: October 03, 2012, 01:04 AM »

For those following the Jimmy Savile story, you might be interested in this transcript from 'Have I got news for you?' that was pulled.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/rogerb/jokes/HIGNFY.txt

Not nice reading but makes you wonder if anyone was asked about having him on the show as clearly both Hislop and Merton didn't like him.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7353 on: October 03, 2012, 01:06 PM »

Dear gawd.. vomit
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9583373/Sir-Jimmy-Savile-He-raped-me-as-a-teenager-claims-woman.html

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Thread « Reply #7354 on: October 06, 2012, 04:22 PM »

Hi All,

It was announced a short time ago that Mark Bridger, the man held on suspicion of the murder of April Jones, has now been charged with her murder. He has also been charged with child abduction and perverting the course of justice.

The search for April, or rather her body, goes on.

It's heartbreaking.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7355 on: October 06, 2012, 05:48 PM »

Surely he knows where he is. There are methods to get the information out of him...
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Thread « Reply #7356 on: October 06, 2012, 06:04 PM »

Surely he knows where he is. There are methods to get the information out of him...

Well yes, my brother favours giving him a kicking, but you can't do that these days.

The thing is, we don't know what he has said, if he has revealed anything. I wouldn't mind betting that he has said very little, because that's a means of control and keeping everyone guessing.

I just hope they find the little girl so that she can be laid to rest properly.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7357 on: October 10, 2012, 04:47 AM »

Wonder what ol' Al would think about his scribbles worth 3 mil' now on e-Bay.  Think

Now, that would make interesting dinner conversation.

* einstein.jpg (263.06 KB, 820x1725 - viewed 58 times.)
[ Last edit by scotnadian October 10, 2012, 04:53 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #7358 on: October 10, 2012, 07:33 AM »

14 year old girl shot in Pakistan because she wanted to be educated. 
Meanwhile, a small item in the inner pages of Saturday's Guardian, reported a mother and baby had starved to death in London.
What is this country coming to?
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7359 on: October 10, 2012, 12:52 PM »

When there are 1.5-2 billion people in the world who are food insecure, I am not surprised that two people managed to die from starvation in London.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #7360 on: October 10, 2012, 01:29 PM »

^ Yes, but we are a rich nation. I find it totally shocking that this should happen here.
I hope it's not a sign of things to come.
Civilised societies protect the weak and the vulnerable.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #7361 on: October 10, 2012, 01:46 PM »

I agree BBH I find it shocking in this day and age that two people died of starvation in London. What are we coming to and this government are going to cut benefits right left and centre.  People are going to fall out of benefits and the are not all scroungers. People who work in low paying jobs are finding it hard now. Food and rents are all going up but this government don't give a hoot. There seems to be one law for the rich and another for the poor. Osbourne and Cameron would not have a clue about ordinary people they are millionaires and want for nothing so much for "We are all in it together" what a farce.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7362 on: October 10, 2012, 01:48 PM »

^ Yes, but we are a rich nation. I find it totally shocking that this should happen here.
I hope it's not a sign of things to come.
Civilised societies protect the weak and the vulnerable.

No, they don't.

If they did, there wouldn't be such a gap between the rich and poor in those wealthy nations/civilized nations.

If they did, there wouldn't be any homeless at all (they are).

There's a very definite line in the UK, US, France, Greece, etc, between the people who have everything and the people who are scraping by.

IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7363 on: October 10, 2012, 02:14 PM »

There are currently more people on foods stamps then ever before,I in six families under the povery line. over 23million still unempoyed millions have just given up looking. Hope and change ,yep thats what we have here.He Obama doesn't want to be the leader he likes hob nobbing with Hollywood.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #7364 on: October 10, 2012, 04:01 PM »

Reading the paper this morning there was an article about Andy willing to contribute money to establish a tennis centre in Scotland. They wanted to buy a site in Edinburgh but found the price of land too high. The next choice would be Dunfermline College of Physical Education  at Cramond  in Edinburgh with funding coming from  the Scottish Government and the Lawn Tennis Association and from Andy himself.
Judy Murray says she prefers the Stirling area which has a very vibrant tennis community. She added that the academy would not be a profit making enterprise.  She hoped that as many as eight more would be built across Scotland.
A spokesman for the Scottish Government said "The Murrays are passionate about developing tennis in Scotland and the Scottish Government is equally ambitious to improve the participation of young Scots."
This would be a great thing to encourage and nurture young players in Scotland. If there were live in facilities this would be great. Parents would be able to visit and youngsters would be able to go home at weekends.  As travelling in Scotland does not take in long distances this would be great and allow youngsters to participate in tennis. It would also avoid travelling to England to the LTA tennis centre. clap clap clap

[ Last edit by Littlebuddha October 10, 2012, 04:06 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 490 [491] 492 493 494 ... 601 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »