Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 ... 609 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 235660 times)
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7365 on: October 10, 2012, 04:04 PM »

14 year old girl shot in Pakistan because she wanted to be educated. 
Meanwhile, a small item in the inner pages of Saturday's Guardian, reported a mother and baby had starved to death in London.
What is this country coming to?

So sad indeed - when I heard about that young girl I teared up. And apparently the group who targeted her warned that they'd do the same to anyone else who champions her cause. shocking 

Mad world....
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7366 on: October 10, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Regarding the line between the rich and poor, I heard on the news yesterday that in California, there are waitlists to get a spot in a parking lot so people can live in their cars!. Apparently there are no longer only trailer parks, wherein people live in mobile homes. Now there are car parks, wherein people live in their vehicles (cars, trucks, RVs, etc). Meanwhile, the rich are just fine and dandy. This is all due to the Wall Street crash and housing crisis of a few years ago. Unfortunately, too, many people might blame Obama, when in fact he's just been trying to clean up the mess he inherited when he came in to office. God forbid if they elect Romney in...and he's apparently ahead in the polls. Frown

I don't think it's nearly as bad in Canada, thankfully.  pray
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7367 on: October 10, 2012, 05:43 PM »

There are currently more people on foods stamps then ever before,I in six families under the povery line. over 23million still unempoyed millions have just given up looking. Hope and change ,yep thats what we have here.He Obama doesn't want to be the leader he likes hob nobbing with Hollywood.

Your horrible spelling and sentence structure aside, you apparently have very little knowledge of exactly HOW US politics and government work.

Last time I checked Obama was a president, not a dictator. He's a Democrat working under a Republican majority House of Representatives and a slim Democrat majority in the Senate.
I criticize Obama as much as I need to, when it comes to the issues where he is responsible. However, he has no legislative right. He cannot give aid or funds unless Congress says so. He can't create or keep social welfare on his whim.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7368 on: October 11, 2012, 01:09 AM »

Why, Lance?.. Why?
Disillusionment emanates from my pores.
Shame.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/lance-armstrong-part-of-most-sophisticated-doping-program-ever-seen-report/article4601256/
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News Thread « Reply #7369 on: October 11, 2012, 08:22 AM »

Your horrible spelling and sentence structure aside, you apparently have very little knowledge of exactly HOW US politics and government work.

Last time I checked Obama was a president, not a dictator. He's a Democrat working under a Republican majority House of Representatives and a slim Democrat majority in the Senate.
I criticize Obama as much as I need to, when it comes to the issues where he is responsible. However, he has no legislative right. He cannot give aid or funds unless Congress says so. He can't create or keep social welfare on his whim.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7370 on: October 11, 2012, 08:45 AM »

yes
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7371 on: October 11, 2012, 10:20 AM »

She may well have 'horrible spelling and sentence structure' but she has a very good heart which is a lot more than can be said for some people on here!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News Thread « Reply #7372 on: October 11, 2012, 10:39 AM »

^^ .....and as for you two, I expected better!

Think you might have the wrong end of the stick there, Caz. Smile
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7373 on: October 11, 2012, 10:48 AM »

She may well have 'horrible spelling and sentence structure' but she has a very good heart which is a lot more than can be said for some people on here!

I'll survive somehow. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7374 on: October 11, 2012, 11:06 AM »

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: News Thread « Reply #7375 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38 AM »

Me too. But it was the only way to ensure a level playing field. They were all at it.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7376 on: October 11, 2012, 12:15 PM »

Think you might have the wrong end of the stick there, Caz. Smile
Sorry sweetie........I did indeed! I thought it was out of character! Please forgive me!  flowers
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7377 on: October 11, 2012, 12:16 PM »

I'll survive somehow. Rolling Eyes
Oh well! If the glove fits......
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7378 on: October 16, 2012, 04:13 PM »

Gary McKinnon extradition to US blocked by Theresa May - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19957138

Not only is this a welcome decision in McKinnon's case, given that he has serious mental health issues, but it will see the end of the questionable 2003 Blair/Bush extradition deal and the reform of the law regarding extradition in general -

Mrs May also said measures would be taken to enable a UK court to decide whether a person should stand trial in the UK or abroad - a so-called forum bar.

It would be designed to ensure extradition cases did not fall foul of "delays and satellite litigation", she said.

"I believe extradition decisions must not only be fair, they must be seen to be fair. And they must be made in open court where decisions can be challenged and explained," she said.

"That is why I have decided to introduce a forum bar. This will mean that where prosecution is possible in both the UK and in another state, the British courts will be able to bar prosecution overseas if they believe it is in the interests of justice to do so."

IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7379 on: October 16, 2012, 04:19 PM »

Excellent news about McKinnon. Well done Ms. May, for once....Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 489 490 491 [492] 493 494 495 ... 609 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »