Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 ... 603 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 229665 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: News Thread « Reply #7380 on: October 16, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Excellent news about McKinnon. Well done Ms. May, for once....Wink
Bet if he had lost, he'd have been hacked off.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7381 on: October 16, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Great news...

I don't know what sort of person McKinnon is but that doesn't matter. What was so concerning was the the potential for the severity of his crimes being completely and utterly exaggerated by the Americans to send out a message to others.
[ Last edit by Mark October 16, 2012, 05:31 PM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7382 on: October 16, 2012, 07:46 PM »

From the BBC..

Islamic Human Rights Commission issues a statement: "The facts are clear, Muslims are extradited, non-Muslims are not. Muslims face detention without charge, non-Muslims do not. In light of government actions it is clear that Muslims are seen as second class citizens in Britain."

Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7383 on: October 16, 2012, 08:04 PM »

I saw this on the news this morning and it made my day! That young man has had this hanging over him like the 'Sword of Damocles' for 10 years!  shocking F**k Bush and Blair and anyone else who had a hand in this! They are a disgrace!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7384 on: October 16, 2012, 10:32 PM »

In light of government actions it is clear that Muslims are seen as second class citizens in Britain.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7385 on: October 16, 2012, 11:01 PM »

I didn't know anything about this at all, I'm sorry to say, but this really upset me for 2 reasons:

- My son has Asperger's Syndrome and is computer savvy. He is a Uni student working on his IT degree with his Major in Game Development & Entrepreneurship. I know he does a lot of work online, but have absolutely no idea what sites he goes into. Without his 2 laptops on the go simultaneously, you might as well steal his oxygen, but he is as pure as the driven snow.
It scares me to think that could have been my boy.

- My other 2 boys are my twin Muslim students who came to us straight from Jeddah without one word of English (except 'yes, thank you, please') and have lived with us for 2 years. They too are as pure as the driven snow. 
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they are completely brainwashed, but it's not their fault. It's all they've ever known.
They are very much a part of our family. We are all just normal. I kick their asses the same as I kick my son's, and we joke around all the time. Although they have friends who have student digs, they are happy with us. I might have to turf them out eventually because I don't think they will leave voluntarily, but I'm certainly in no hurry to do so.

I could give you many examples of Are-you-kidding-me-how-were-you-not-aware-of-that? stories but I wouldn't even know where to start.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7386 on: October 17, 2012, 02:22 AM »

I didn't know anything about this at all, I'm sorry to say, but this really upset me for 2 reasons:

- My son has Asperger's Syndrome and is computer savvy. He is a Uni student working on his IT degree with his Major in Game Development & Entrepreneurship. I know he does a lot of work online, but have absolutely no idea what sites he goes into. Without his 2 laptops on the go simultaneously, you might as well steal his oxygen, but he is as pure as the driven snow.
It scares me to think that could have been my boy.

- My other 2 boys are my twin Muslim students who came to us straight from Jeddah without one word of English (except 'yes, thank you, please') and have lived with us for 2 years. They too are as pure as the driven snow. 
There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that they are completely brainwashed, but it's not their fault. It's all they've ever known.
They are very much a part of our family. We are all just normal. I kick their asses the same as I kick my son's, and we joke around all the time. Although they have friends who have student digs, they are happy with us. I might have to turf them out eventually because I don't think they will leave voluntarily, but I'm certainly in no hurry to do so. 

I could give you many examples of Are-you-kidding-me-how-were-you-not-aware-of-that? stories but I wouldn't even know where to start.
I'm very sorry to hear about your son, Linda.  Quite honestly, without being facetious, I think the US should have been grateful to McKinnon for exposing the serious weaknesses in their "foolproof" security system - and I'm convinced that it's this embarrassing exposure which has caused them to react in the way they have.  Let them now ask Interpol to issue a red notice - and good luck to them since it'll be extremely unlikely that McKinnon will ever be allowed to leave the UK.
[ Last edit by Aileen October 17, 2012, 02:28 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7387 on: October 17, 2012, 02:45 AM »

I'm very sorry to hear about your son, Linda. 
No need to be sorry, Aileen. He is absolutely brilliant!!!! But thanks.  hug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7388 on: October 17, 2012, 03:02 AM »

I'm really glad to hear that. hug
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7389 on: October 19, 2012, 01:24 AM »

What's going down in my neck of the woods.

Immigration Minister Jason Kenney seeking new powers to bar certain visitors from entering Canada

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/canada-politics/immigration-minister-jason-kenney-seeking-powers-bar-certain-192635637.html
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7390 on: October 22, 2012, 03:23 PM »

What a mess.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/cyclings-governing-body-agrees-strip-lance-armstrong-7-111155203--spt.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7391 on: October 22, 2012, 05:02 PM »

You've said it!  A black day indeed for cycling and it's absolutely disgraceful that a man who was regarded as a sporting hero should have stooped so low and still been able to live with his actions.  He deserves everything he gets flung at him, including a possible jail sentence.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7392 on: October 22, 2012, 05:37 PM »

You've said it!  A black day indeed for cycling and it's absolutely disgraceful that a man who was regarded as a sporting hero should have stooped so low and still been able to live with his actions.  He deserves everything he gets flung at him, including a possible jail sentence.
What about all the other cyclists from that era? More were doping than they were clean. Should they be imprisoned too? What about all the doctors who supplied the drugs?

Fact of it is Armstrong had to dope or he wouldn't have won a single title that his abilities deserved. No, I'm not condoning it but he's now beating treated as a scapegoat which personally I think his wrong, and people are going way over the top.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7393 on: October 22, 2012, 06:11 PM »

What about all the other cyclists from that era? More were doping than they were clean. Should they be imprisoned too? What about all the doctors who supplied the drugs?

Fact of it is Armstrong had to dope or he wouldn't have won a single title that his abilities deserved. No, I'm not condoning it but he's now beating treated as a scapegoat which personally I think his wrong, and people are going way over the top.
If Armstrong or any of them have in fact committed a provable offence then of course they should be given a sentence commensurate with that offence.  As it is Michele Ferrari is facing prosecution.

What I find so very sad is that Armstrong overcame a huge battle with cancer and managed to get back to the top of his career (presumably in the light of what we now know helped by using elicit means).  He was considered a hero, a shining example, and the problem with that is that when people get to the very top then the only way is down should they be examined and found wanting.  Armstrong isn't the first person in history, sporting or otherwise, to whom that has happened, and nor will he be the last.

Anyway I have zero tolerance as far as drug cheats are concerned whether they do it on a small scale or a much larger one.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News Thread « Reply #7394 on: October 22, 2012, 07:27 PM »

Cycling is a bit of a joke in this respect. Has been for as long as I can remember.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 492 [493] 494 495 496 ... 603 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »