Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 ... 607 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 232920 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7395 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55 PM »

Cycling is a bit of a joke in this respect. Has been for as long as I can remember.
The fact that these revelations alone go back to 1996 speaks for itself and even well before then there were a few stories going around about dope-taking in cycling, although that isn't the only sport that's been tainted by similar allegations over the past forty years or so, many of which have since been proved to be correct.  Athletics in particular springs to mind.  I don't know how far back this list goes, but it's pretty staggering - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_athletics
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: News Thread « Reply #7396 on: October 29, 2012, 09:48 PM »

Harrowing scenes on the eastern coast of the USA.

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7397 on: October 29, 2012, 11:30 PM »

^^^ That's hilarious! we got hit by it too and when I was on the road, I almost froze. And these guys are wearing nothing but shorts.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7398 on: October 30, 2012, 01:31 AM »

^^ Great to see some people can still maintain a good sense of humour in these situations, but maybe they're high on something so don't feel the cold.

Being serious though, it's going to be very interesting to see how far this will affect the Presidential election and Obama's chances of being re-elected, which, speaking as an outsider who doesn't know all that much about American politics, I hope he is.  Romney gives me the creeps.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7399 on: October 30, 2012, 03:22 AM »

So, right now, Frankenstorm Sandy is making it's presence known here in my own backyard. Pretty fiesty stuff, and I decided I ain't going anywhere out there tonight. no
Has anyone ascertained whether Hurricane Sandy is Male or Female?
If Female.. she will likely huff and puff and try to blow my house down.
If Male.. he will likely put up a bit of a blether.. then retreat with his tail between his legs.lol

Logically, I say this is just another storm in a teacup.. but in the back of my mind is the story of the boy who cried wolf.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7400 on: October 30, 2012, 03:42 AM »

I'd assumed it was male since the only people I've known who've been called Sandy have been.

I'm sorry though that you're caught up in this Linda.  Hope you keep safe. hug
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #7401 on: October 30, 2012, 03:47 AM »

Romney gives me the creeps.
You are not alone .....
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7402 on: October 30, 2012, 04:03 AM »

Hope everyone affected keeps safe!
I'd assumed it was male since the only people I've known who've been called Sandy have been.

I'm sorry though that you're caught up in this Linda.  Hope you keep safe. hug
Ach.. it's fine, thanks.
We're going to New York and Bahamas in a few weeks time.
Just relieved it isn't right now!
My best wishes to anyone affected by this..please keep you and yours safe. hug

btw.. The bestest Sandy I ever worked with was completely blind.. and as sharp as a tack.
And was a 'she!' Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7403 on: October 30, 2012, 06:26 AM »

Best wishes to anyone affected from me too. hug (Affected/effected? confused as usual)
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7404 on: October 30, 2012, 06:51 AM »

It's 'affected' by the 'effects' of the storm BBH!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7405 on: October 30, 2012, 06:52 AM »

Keep safe y'all!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7406 on: October 30, 2012, 08:37 AM »

Sorry to hear of the people caught up in this super-storm that's hitting the states and other areas ATM. Mother Nature is giving earth a rough ride just lately. I hope she doesn't stay peed off with us for much longer.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7407 on: October 30, 2012, 08:56 AM »

Being serious though, it's going to be very interesting to see how far this will affect the Presidential election and Obama's chances of being re-elected, which, speaking as an outsider who doesn't know all that much about American politics, I hope he is.  Romney gives me the creeps.

Sadly, I believe that Obama will be re-elected.

On a universal plain, he has been a monumental disaster. Within USA, he is not liked owing to his economic policies. If the Rebublicans had put up a strong candidate to oppose Hussein Obama, that person would have walked the election. However, Romney is not viewed with any comfort over Obama and therefore Obama should be the victor.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7408 on: October 30, 2012, 10:08 AM »

@OSS
Disagree with you on everything but...will only say Obama inherited a "poisoned chalice" from Bush. He didn't appropriate the blame because I think it's fairly well know that he doesn't enjoy conflict, much prefers negotiation.
He appears a decent, intelligent man in an almost impossible situation.
Hope he squeaks in.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7409 on: October 30, 2012, 10:15 AM »

Sadly, I believe that Obama will be re-elected.

On a universal plain, he has been a monumental disaster. Within USA, he is not liked owing to his economic policies. If the Rebublicans had put up a strong candidate to oppose Hussein Obama, that person would have walked the election. However, Romney is not viewed with any comfort over Obama and therefore Obama should be the victor.

That's because most American people, and apparently you as well, are incapable of understanding that a president's economic policies are in fact worthless if Congress doesn't agree/pass them.

Obama has had two years with a Republican majority in the HoR and a slim Democratic majority in the Senate. Deadlocked. You never hear anyone blaming their Congress for ******* up the country, though. Most people don't even know who their Congresspeople are.

Also this Hurricane is going to affect a lot of people in terms of voting if places are flooded, people can't get out and about/are too busy trying to figure out how to salvage what's left of their property. In addition, overseas absentee ballots may not make it on time (including mine).

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 493 [494] 495 496 497 ... 607 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »