Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 ... 593 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 223186 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7455 on: November 07, 2012, 02:19 PM »

Romney made a bo bo when he said 47% of the public did not matter. I guess he was talking about people without jobs who were unable to pay for their medical treatment. I am so glad he was beaten I just shows what his values are.
No ,he was talking about 47% who do not pay any tax i am included in that group because i have so little to live on,just social security  and a small pension.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7456 on: November 07, 2012, 02:28 PM »

Very sad day fro America,yes obama did inherit a messbut he said he would turn things around in four years.
Our debt has gone up by 4 trillion dollars,one in six families under the poverty line ,46% rise in food stamps,he hasnt met with his security council in weeks ,hence the death of the four in Bengazi.He hasn;t met with the leader of the republicans since july.When will he stop blaming Bush?Could romney have turned things around ,I don'know.
Obama is now re-elected so we will see.
He has divided this nation like no other and it will take alot of hard work to get pepole together.
Unfortunatly as well,more babies will be murdered in the womb.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7457 on: November 07, 2012, 02:34 PM »

Very sad day fro America,yes obama did inherit a messbut he said he would turn things around in four years.
Our debt has gone up by 4 trillion dollars,one in six families under the poverty line ,46% rise in food stamps,he hasnt met with his security council in weeks ,hence the death of the four in Bengazi.He hasn;t met with the leader of the republicans since july.When will he stop blaming Bush?Could romney have turned things around ,I don'know.
Obama is now re-elected so we will see.
He has divided this nation like no other and it will take alot of hard work to get pepole together.
Unfortunatly as well,more babies will be murdered in the womb.

America doesn't agree with you. On any of those points.

IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7458 on: November 07, 2012, 02:57 PM »

America doesn't agree with you. On any of those points.

I have had" my say,"only time will tell.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7459 on: November 07, 2012, 06:55 PM »

The markets are actually down but that might just be a quick reflection on things.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7460 on: November 07, 2012, 07:20 PM »

They've quickly moved on to the next thing to worry about. No connection to the election. Back to business.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7461 on: November 11, 2012, 01:41 PM »

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7462 on: November 11, 2012, 05:26 PM »

Bless them all!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7463 on: November 15, 2012, 03:21 PM »

Sources say that former DJ Dave Lee Travis has been arrested in the Jimmy Savile probe!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7464 on: November 19, 2012, 05:56 PM »

I would rather not get into a debacle about 'who's right and who's wrong' (do it amongst yourselves if you must) but I think we can all agree that this escalation of violence needs to end. Now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20391558
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #7465 on: November 20, 2012, 07:10 AM »

tennis_girl: journo who thought he was "off air" on Radio 4, said he thought it was all to do with Iran.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7466 on: November 20, 2012, 09:07 AM »

tennis_girl: journo who thought he was "off air" on Radio 4, said he thought it was all to do with Iran.
That was also my immediate reaction when I heard the news for the first time. Then I discovered that Hamas has vowed not to support Iran in a war. But I find it hard to believe that if it came down to it, Hamas would restrain themselves. So I do still think there is a strong connection with the Iran situation.
[ Last edit by Mark November 20, 2012, 09:11 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #7467 on: November 21, 2012, 06:24 AM »

@Mark
It's all horribly inter-tangled, which makes every violent flare up horribly scary.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7468 on: November 24, 2012, 02:58 PM »

Sad to hear of the death of Larry Hagman yesterday.  J R Ewing was such a bad guy that I loved him!  The original "Dallas" was a great series but it was JR's outrageously wicked activities and equally wicked grin that made it such compulsive viewing, and that was thanks to Larry's ability to turn him into the larger-than-life character that he was.  Tragic too that he fought alcoholism for more than half his life.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7469 on: November 24, 2012, 04:00 PM »

I loved his portrayal of JR too Aileen and rarely missed an episode. One of the nicest things I ever read about Larry Hagman, was that during an interview, when asked what was his favourite pastime, he replied "I love to sit in my garden and watch my children grow!"
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 495 496 497 [498] 499 500 501 ... 593 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »