Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 590 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 220702 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7470 on: November 24, 2012, 05:57 PM »

I loved his portrayal of JR too Aileen and rarely missed an episode. One of the nicest things I ever read about Larry Hagman, was that during an interview, when asked what was his favourite pastime, he replied "I love to sit in my garden and watch my children grow!"
I never read that, but from various tributes it seems Larry was a really nice guy who was larger-than-life himself but in a fun-loving way.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7471 on: November 27, 2012, 06:34 PM »

The online version of China's Communist Party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un as the "Sexiest Man Alive" - not realizing it is satire.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_CHINA_ONION_KIM?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-11-27-07-38-17

And the photo spread by the Chinese newspaper that was fooled by the story:

http://english.people.com.cn/90777/8035568.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7472 on: November 27, 2012, 07:50 PM »

lmao  Bet the North Koreans won't be amused though.  Definitely not the best time for the China Daily to go publishing stuff which was intended to lampoon their Dear Leader in the belief that The Onion was praising him.  The article's so blatantly ridiculous I can't believe they fell for it or even believed that a serious newspaper would have that title.  I think somebody might have a bit of explaining to do.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7473 on: December 03, 2012, 04:51 PM »

Kate Middleton is pregnant.

I'm putting my money on a girl.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7474 on: December 03, 2012, 04:53 PM »

Kate & William having a baby. Aww...

Best wishes to them, and I hope she gets over her acute morning sickness. Must be bad if she's hospitalized with dehydration.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/uks-prince-william-catherine-expecting-baby-161223071.html

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain's Prince William and his wife Catherine are expecting a baby, destined to be the country's future monarch, the prince's office said on Monday.

"Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to announce that The Duchess of Cambridge is expecting a baby," the office said in a statement.

"The Queen, The Duke of Edinburgh, The Prince of Wales, The Duchess of Cornwall and Prince Harry and members of both families are delighted with the news."

The couple, officially known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, married in April last year, prompting a global media frenzy and there has been much speculation, particularly in U.S. gossip magazines, about a possible pregnancy.

The statement said Catherine was in the King Edward VII Hospital in Central London suffering from very acute morning sickness. She is likely to remain there for several days.

It said her condition required supplementary hydration and nutrients. There was no detail about when the baby was due, with the statement stating the pregnancy was in its early stages.

"I'm delighted by the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting a baby," Prime Minister David Cameron said on his Twitter website. "They will make wonderful parents."

William, Queen Elizabeth's grandson, is second in line to the British throne, and their first child will become the third in succession when he or she is born.

Last year Britain and other Commonwealth countries which have the queen as their monarch agreed to change the rules of royal succession so that sons would no longer have precedence as heir, regardless of age.

The agreement also means an end to a ban on a future monarch marrying a Catholic, a stipulation dating back some 300 years.

William and Catherine currently live in north Wales where the prince is based as a Royal Air Force search and rescue pilot.

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Thread « Reply #7475 on: December 03, 2012, 05:27 PM »

Big news!Best of luck to them,hopefully it all goes very well for them.That's one little baby with a big future ahead of them!
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #7476 on: December 03, 2012, 10:41 PM »

The type of morning sickness she has is apparently more common in twins. So if it did happen to be twins, how do they decide who is the heir to the throne? Would it literally be the one who pops out first?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Thread « Reply #7477 on: December 03, 2012, 10:44 PM »

The type of morning sickness she has is apparently more common in twins. So if it did happen to be twins, how do they decide who is the heir to the throne? Would it literally be the one who pops out first?
Yeah,pretty sure that is the way it works lol!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7478 on: December 03, 2012, 11:41 PM »

I knew they had to announce to avoid shitty media rumours (I can see 'Kate ODs!' all over tabloids), but I'm afraid they announced way too early. Most people wait until the 2nd trimester to announce because if she miscarries, it's going to be devastating.

Of course, it goes without saying that I hope she doesn't.

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7479 on: December 04, 2012, 12:06 AM »

I would have thought so, and being a mum of twins, I didn't have any morning sickness whatsoever.  Just unlucky for her.

I do feel for them (Kate & Wills), it's going to be a media frenzy! pullhair
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #7480 on: December 04, 2012, 03:33 AM »

I do feel for them (Kate & Wills), it's going to be a media frenzy! pullhair

Personally I'm not sure how much I do feel for them. William I guess has no choice about his life. I imagine even having a child is a strict instruction he has no say over even if he didn't want one. Kate on the other hand has 100% chosen this life knowing fully what it would involve. She must enjoy being the centre of the world.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7481 on: December 04, 2012, 09:09 AM »

This will of course mean that we are going to have daily news updates until the baby (or babies) are born.

Help ma Boab!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7482 on: December 04, 2012, 09:52 AM »

I think it's probably a boy! Aren't they the ones who are always causing problems? I'd prefer a girl though!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7483 on: December 04, 2012, 10:10 AM »

Personally I'm not sure how much I do feel for them. William I guess has no choice about his life. I imagine even having a child is a strict instruction he has no say over even if he didn't want one. Kate on the other hand has 100% chosen this life knowing fully what it would involve. She must enjoy being the centre of the world.

Think but then again, when you love someone, you get the good and the bad but the obsessive nature of the press, feeding the public's need for 'celeb' news doesn't give them a break.  Like everyone, they are entitled to their private time but even now, the press are camped outside the hospital.  What for?  panic 

Had to laugh that the weekly rag that we buy for our daughters was actually right this week - Woman's Day said she was pregnant but they've been saying it for months lol

Oh, watch out UK, golden balls and big lip are on their way back home, according to Woman's Day too Whistle
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7484 on: December 04, 2012, 10:12 AM »

getting back to tennis, all this fuss about a baby. Lendl is playing McEnroe at the Royal Albert Hall in london in the Seniors Tournament starting tomorrow Dec5th
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 496 497 498 [499] 500 501 502 ... 590 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »