Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 ... 606 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 231728 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7485 on: December 04, 2012, 10:16 AM »

lol It is a news thread after all.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7486 on: December 04, 2012, 01:15 PM »

tennis news is also news.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7487 on: December 04, 2012, 01:20 PM »

And there is already a specific thread for tennis news.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #7488 on: December 04, 2012, 01:34 PM »

okay then I predict it will be either a boy or a girl and I sincerely hope the Duchess will be home soon in good health but why can't people leave them alone Do we really want a repetition of the Princess Diana story?
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #7489 on: December 04, 2012, 09:17 PM »

The type of morning sickness she has is apparently more common in twins. So if it did happen to be twins, how do they decide who is the heir to the throne? Would it literally be the one who pops out first?

Further to this, I had another thought last night. What if it were conjoined twins?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7490 on: December 04, 2012, 11:49 PM »

Stop eating cheese before bedtime Alex! Very Happy

Lots of things can and do go wrong during pregnancy but you have to try and not think about those things. no
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7491 on: December 10, 2012, 10:01 AM »

What is this? 3 days now that the suicide by the nurse has been the top story here.

We have children dying in Syria and people in holocaust equivalent prison camps in North Korea. But no, let's hear more about how a nurse decided to end her life.
[ Last edit by Mark December 10, 2012, 10:05 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7492 on: December 10, 2012, 10:15 AM »

Slowly moving down the headlines here, though I haven't watched Sky News Australia today.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: News Thread « Reply #7493 on: December 10, 2012, 10:18 AM »

It will probably continue for a bit now that the Australian presenters have talked to the media-that's going to give them a fresh batch of headlines.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7494 on: December 10, 2012, 10:23 AM »

I feel a bit sorry for the presenters. It was a daft joke gone wrong! I feel sorry for the nurse and her family too!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7495 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32 AM »

I agree. The presenters are the real victims of this story.

It's sad when someone commits suicide but that prank call was just the tipping point and if it wasn't for that, something else would have been.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #7496 on: December 10, 2012, 10:32 AM »

It was just something that started out as a stupid prank-disrespectful to be sure,and probably something they should've had the sense not to do,but ultimately with no ill-intention.It's spiralled into something really sad and horrible.

I feel desperately sorry for the nurse and her family,but can one stupid prank really have been the cause of such a drastic action?Surely there must have been some underlying problems for the result to be what happened.

I agree with you,the presenters do deserve some sympathy-they were not entirely to blame for all of this.That was a pre-recorded segment,and the decision to air it wasn't theirs.Surely,if people are so determined to be dishing out blame,whoever made the decision to run it is equally culpable?

I also feel sorry for poor William and Kate.What a horrible way to start out their first,much-wanted pregnancy-her illness,having to break the news at a time when only they and their closest people should have been privy to it,and now this tragedy?So sad.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7497 on: December 10, 2012, 10:36 AM »

I feel desperately sorry for the nurse and her family,but can one stupid prank really have been the cause of such a drastic action?Surely there must have been some underlying problems for the result to be what happened.
That's right. It goes without saying it was an accumulation of other issues.
[ Last edit by Mark December 10, 2012, 10:39 AM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: News Thread « Reply #7498 on: December 10, 2012, 10:42 AM »

I don't feel in the least sorry for the radio presenters in the case of the nurse who appears to have taken her own life after that 'prank' call. I'm not entirely convinced that the event on its own would have been enough to make the nurse do what she appears to have done, but we don't know. Maybe she thought she would be sacked, maybe she was worried about the position she might have put the hospital in. We just don't know. However, what I am heartily sick of is hearing how 'upset' the presenters are. Poor diddums. Maybe they'll use their brains before they do something so utterly stupid in future. I mean, apart from the rest of it, what on earth gave them the idea that it would be all right to waste a hospital's time?

The thing about these pranks is that they always sound so innocent. Some DJ or whatever, makes a call to wind someone up. It's happened in the UK, so I'm not suggesting for a second we are any better. The thing is though, who is to say what sort of situation the person who receives the call is in. Anyone can have a bad time, be going through something, and sometimes all it takes is one final straw.

My sympathy lies with the family of that nurse. I hope the media will give them some space to grieve.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #7499 on: December 10, 2012, 10:51 AM »

What I don't understand is,apparently the radio station head said they "attempted five times" to call the hospital to tell them about the segment before it ran.If it was so straightforward for the presenters to get that poor nurse on the phone in one go,how on earth did he not reach anyone in five attempts?Something sounds odd about that to me.

I see where you're coming from Teejay,and I agree with you when you say it was stupid-it absolutely was.But I do think that whatever producers,or radio station heads,or whoever it was that made the decision to run that segment on air is just as culpable as they are.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 497 498 499 [500] 501 502 503 ... 606 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »