Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 ... 609 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 235584 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7620 on: January 21, 2013, 11:24 AM »

I know!  Very Happy I loved your dream room by the way! All it needs is a bit of brilliant red and maybe a touch of bright yellow as well to finish it off!
Indeed!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7621 on: January 21, 2013, 11:36 AM »

Oh well.....perhaps not!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7622 on: January 21, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Yes, the loss of both by the US is going to be a big driver. It's infrastructure and social organisation are very 20th  century and that doesn't work anymore. There are fault lines opening all over the place but the military remain supreme. Dangerous days ahead.

And yet the amount US spends in military and making weapons is greater than all other nations combined. China, on the other hand, is piling up all sorts of resources even when they have more than enough to go another 10 years. You know that something is up.

If there's indeed WWIII, then it is said, the impact of this war will be 40 times severe than last time (because of all the nuclear weapons) and both China and US may not exist anymore, since they will be at each other. US will be responsible for a lot of lives some fear and under the current administration, as they suspect this country will launch the first attack either in Iran or Syria. So far it’s all speculations by people who are observing all the events, but the first two elements are facts.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7623 on: January 21, 2013, 05:42 PM »

"Brave New World."

^^ That is regarded as a great book by many.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7624 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10 PM »

Nuclear weapons and mutually assured annihilation is one of the reasons a WWIII might be less severe than the last.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7625 on: January 21, 2013, 06:37 PM »

I for one wouldn't want to live in Brave New World!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7626 on: January 21, 2013, 07:13 PM »

I agree.....and we've all been under control for a very long time, without  people realising! It's scary!

History suggests that things had to get really worse (just like the stock market if you follow the trend) before they got better, so unfortunately it will get worse and worse.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7627 on: January 21, 2013, 07:17 PM »

Oil is the danger ahead but I'm not concerned about China being the next super power. History shows they will not spread their influence in the same way America has done.

And I know others dismiss it as warmongering but I personally do think Islamic extremism is something that needs our continued attention.

It's been also speculated that Muslim world will be either wiped out not just the extremism but Islam itself or their strength will be significantly compromised.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7628 on: January 21, 2013, 07:19 PM »

It's been also speculated that Muslim world will be either wiped out not just the extremism but Islam itself or their strength will be significantly compromised.
You really know how to turn me on.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7629 on: January 21, 2013, 07:28 PM »

Nuclear weapons and mutually assured annihilation is one of the reasons a WWIII might be less severe than the last.

The severity was not measured in that sense. The war won’t last too long since we no longer live in a world where people still fight with sticks and stones, but the nature of the weapons will wipe out at least one third of the world population (approximately 2.3 billion) and China will be the main target. Of course this is when US will start to disappear because they will be held responsible. China’s main power is of course its people and so when that many people are gone, they will no longer be able to rise as a super power.

This is all speculations of course but people know that each country has their agenda behind their attempts.  
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7630 on: January 21, 2013, 07:32 PM »

I don't believe any country with any sanity will ever use nuclear weapons simply because of mutually assured annihilation.

My main worry is not another world war but a terrorist organisation somehow getting hold of a nuclear weapon because they might actually use it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7631 on: January 21, 2013, 07:37 PM »

You really know how to turn me on.

I am in favour of extremism being gone and all religions have them at one point but to wipe out a whole religion from the face of the world is merely another sign of extremism. And in fact, we had a long discussion on the other forum a while back, where I showed that most wars in history had been of secular nature; and those of religious nature were mostly caused by Christians. So no one really can’t claim their innocence no matter how modern they look and how stat of the art of life they live.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7632 on: January 21, 2013, 07:43 PM »

I don't believe any country with any sanity will ever use nuclear weapons simply because of mutually assured annihilation.

My main worry is not another world war but a terrorist organisation somehow getting hold of a nuclear weapon because they might actually use it.

Well, in that case, you are simply forgetting Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In fact, a lot of the terrorist attacks have been speculated to be set up by people in real control. The terrorists were merely the front runners. Someone has to take the blame especially when there’s a special agenda is involved and a long term plan. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7633 on: January 21, 2013, 07:45 PM »

Well, in that case, you are simply forgetting Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Not at all. I actually thought about that when I typed my post. Those events are irrelevant to my point as mutually assured annihilation was not a factor due to only one side having nuclear weapons.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #7634 on: January 21, 2013, 07:47 PM »

I for one wouldn't want to live in Brave New World!

The Brave New World is very different than the 'New World Order'. You don't want to live in the New World Order. Neither do I of course.

Anyway, this feels like a forbidden subject so I don't want to continue anymore but it's good to be aware of these things. But more importantly keep an eye on current events especially the political ones.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 ... 609 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »