Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 ... 608 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 235155 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7860 on: March 18, 2013, 07:29 AM »

http://gawker.com/5991003/cnn-reports-on-the-promising-future-of-the-steubenville-rapists-who-are-very-good-students

**** like this makes me think humans are ******* evil.

I have absolutely no sympathy for rapists. They knowingly either drugged a girl (if Anonymous is to be believed) or waited until she was so intoxicated that she passed out, took her to multiple parties (apparently under adult supervision) and sexually assaulted her multiple times. They're paying for a heinous crime, and frankly a year isn't even enough. The media perpetuates this shitty agenda that they're victims. No, they're not.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7861 on: March 18, 2013, 09:33 AM »

That report is sickening. I couldn't stand their sympathetic tones.

But another thing that I find unsettling is in America people become registered sex offenders for the rest of their life based on crimes committed as a child. I thought the idea of the justice system is you commit a crime and do your time. I do understand that the victim will potentially suffer for the rest of their life though.
[ Last edit by Mark March 18, 2013, 09:40 AM ] IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7862 on: March 18, 2013, 12:24 PM »

This goes on far more than is reported. Makes me sick.

Looks like it's not over yet:

Immediately after the verdict, attorney general Mike DeWine said a grand jury would investigate whether other people, including students, the school's principal, coaches and parents, broke the law by not speaking up after the attack.
http://news.sky.com/story/1066082/ohio-rape-case-charges-possible-over-silence
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7863 on: March 18, 2013, 01:49 PM »

That report is sickening. I couldn't stand their sympathetic tones.

But another thing that I find unsettling is in America people become registered sex offenders for the rest of their life based on crimes committed as a child. I thought the idea of the justice system is you commit a crime and do your time. I do understand that the victim will potentially suffer for the rest of their life though.

I don't. I mean, I don't believe that urinating in a public area should be considered something to put on the sex offender's registry list.

Let's be honest. Jail isn't about rehabilitation. So many studies have shown that people who rape usually rape again. And these motherfuckers sent text messages to each other basically saying that they were off and one even said something to the affect that they should have gone further with the rape if they were going to get caught. No remorse.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7864 on: March 18, 2013, 02:06 PM »

I don't believe that urinating in a public area should be considered something to put on the sex offender's registry list.
That's insane and utterly cruel.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7865 on: March 21, 2013, 01:35 AM »

My articles on transgender MMA fighter Fallon Fox:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1572761-fallon-fox-and-the-culture-of-ignorance-within-mma

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1575170-fallon-fox-and-the-culture-of-ignorance-a-response-to-controversy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #7866 on: March 21, 2013, 01:53 AM »

I just did a quick scroll through your articles, Clydey.
Congratulations on an interesting subject and its consequent reactions.

I know nowt about this sport.. except to contribute that until recently I had been prescribed HRT for many years (to protect me from osteoporosis - post BMT).
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7867 on: March 21, 2013, 02:59 AM »

I just did a quick scroll through your articles, Clydey.
Congratulations on an interesting subject and its consequent reactions.

I know nowt about this sport.. except to contribute that until recently I had been prescribed HRT for many years (to protect me from osteoporosis - post BMT).

Interesting. I actually provided a quote from the National Osteoporosis Society in that article, which referred to the effects of HRT.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7868 on: March 27, 2013, 05:21 PM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/no-criminal-charges-in-death-of-robert-saylor-frederick-man-with-down-syndrome/2013/03/22/3a723b6c-932f-11e2-8ea1-956c94b6b5b9_story.html

This has to be a ******* JOKE.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: News Thread « Reply #7869 on: March 27, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Sounds to me as if things just got out of hand. Tragic, nonetheless.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7870 on: March 27, 2013, 05:48 PM »

It was ruled a homicide but no one was charged.

If that's not an injustice, I don't know what is.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7871 on: March 27, 2013, 05:52 PM »

It was ruled a homicide but no one was charged.

If that's not an injustice, I don't know what is.
The pulling of ranks -v- the little man, I suspect.  It's not nice to think your Country's Law Enforcement works in that way. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7872 on: March 27, 2013, 09:04 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-21321953

How horrific.  My daughter in Africa has sent me pics of her on the beach surrounded by stray dogs.  It all looks lovely when they are lying down next to her, but my mind works overtime.  As strays, they must be very unpredictable.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #7873 on: April 04, 2013, 01:12 AM »

First Minister comments on changes at SSE
23/01/2013

First Minister Alex Salmond paid tribute to Ian Marchant today following the announcement by SSE plc that he has decided to step down in the summer as Chief Executive after 10 years in the job.

Mr Salmond also congratulated Alistair Phillips-Davies, currently Deputy Chief Executive of SSE, who will become Chief Executive of the company on 1 July.

The First Minister said:

“Ian has shown outstanding leadership as chief executive of SSE over the last decade, creating investment and jobs across the country, while at the same growing a successful business. He has played an active role in our Scottish Energy Advisory Board, where I have seen first hand, not only his determination to challenge the status quo, but also his drive to galvanise action around the important issues of the day.

“He has been a key figure in driving forward Scotland’s ambitions to be a world leader in renewable energy and showed further leadership in bringing together an impressive range of business, public sector and third sector leaders in the 2020 Climate Group, to collaborate on real actions to help reduce emissions across Scotland. I want to thank Ian for his substantial contributions, both as CEO of SSE and in his other roles in public life in Scotland, and wish him well in his future endeavours.

“I would like to congratulate Alistair Phillips-Davies on becoming chief executive of one of Scotland’s great companies and biggest employers, and wish him every success in that role. Alistair is already a well-kent face at SSE and I am confident that with him at the helm, SSE has a bright future. The Scottish Government will continue to work with SSE to help transform our energy industry, create jobs and deliver sustainable economic growth in communities across Scotland, and I personally look forward to working with Alistair to that end.”

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/News/Releases/2013/01/FM-changes-at-SSE

I wonder if he will feel the same after the huge fine just handed out to SSE Think

Energy supplier SSE has been fined £10.5m by the regulator Ofgem for mis-selling gas and electricity.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22011717

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7874 on: April 04, 2013, 01:58 AM »

^ SSE (known north of the border as Scottish Hydro) deserves it's massive fine, but no doubt Salmond, as usual, will find some way of playing it down - and you can bet your life that this issue will be prominent at FMQT tomorrow.

Meanwhile Scottish Hydro/SSE have issued the following pathetic apology, "Sorry isn't good enough" - http://www.hydro.co.uk/

I know that my energy supplier, npower, is also being investigated by Ofgem, along with three others.  I await the outcome with interest.

[ Last edit by Aileen April 04, 2013, 04:46 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 522 523 524 [525] 526 527 528 ... 608 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »