Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 ... 594 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 223757 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #7995 on: May 22, 2013, 04:30 PM »

What about the incompetence Obama showed after Sandy?

And the incompetence you claim the Bush admin showed, can actually mostly be blamed on the Democratic governor and mayor of Louisiana and New Orleans at the time.

Bush certainly had a way with words, but he was already great at comforting people. Especially soldiers and their loved ones.

Obama is so annoying. He can't talk at all! He....uh...umm...well...uh...umm...talks...um.... ...........like.....um...uh....well....like this...

when he doesnt have a prepared speech. He's so pathetic. And now look at all these scandals? Sleazy... SLEAZY.

Say what you want about Bush...he had zero scandals.

rant over.

Were you in a coma for 2000-2008?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #7996 on: May 22, 2013, 07:21 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-22630303

...sometimes you just wonder what next?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7997 on: May 22, 2013, 07:59 PM »

Awful...

One witness, identified only as James, said two men had attacked another man, aged about 20, who was wearing a T-shirt of military charity Help for Heroes.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: News Thread « Reply #7998 on: May 22, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Now saying it was an attack by "suspected Islamist Terrorists." Sounds so brutal, some reports are saying victim was beheaded.
A school near by. Apparently the kids were all scared stiff as rumours spread.
Horrible.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #7999 on: May 22, 2013, 08:20 PM »

Horrendous though it is, how can two men attacking one man be described as a terrorist attack?  And why is it of so much concern that Cobra is having to meet?  From from I can make out from the report the two assailants sound more like they were high on drugs than anything else.  Is Britain perhaps getting a bit too terrorist twitchy?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8000 on: May 22, 2013, 08:25 PM »

Horrendous though it is, how can two men attacking one man be described as a terrorist attack?
Terrorism has nothing to do with number of people involved or number of victims.

The fact is, these men knocked an innocent man over with their car, jumped out and savagely sliced him up with meat cleaver. And of course, let's not forget they shouted "Allahu Akbar" too.

And then one of the attackers calmly and lucidly spoke to the camera with bloody hands about his anti-government views.
[ Last edit by Mark May 22, 2013, 08:29 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8001 on: May 22, 2013, 09:22 PM »

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8002 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12 PM »

Terrorism has nothing to do with number of people involved or number of victims.

The fact is, these men knocked an innocent man over with their car, jumped out and savagely sliced him up with meat cleaver. And of course, let's not forget they shouted "Allahu Akbar" too.

And then one of the attackers calmly and lucidly spoke to the camera with bloody hands about his anti-government views.

Not even anti-government, anti-west really. And with his accent? talking about people in 'our land'? from someone who sounds British? Well yeah he's right - apparently women in 'our land' do have to witness this.
This is terrorism- whether just through the twisted understanding of 2 individuals or due to connections with radical group, they brought terror to the street and country today.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8003 on: May 22, 2013, 10:39 PM »

Not even anti-government, anti-west really.
Yeah, goes without saying with these Muslim extremists.

And with his accent? talking about people in 'our land'?
It really is disgusting.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: News Thread « Reply #8004 on: May 23, 2013, 12:45 AM »

What about the incompetence Obama showed after Sandy?

And the incompetence you claim the Bush admin showed, can actually mostly be blamed on the Democratic governor and mayor of Louisiana and New Orleans at the time.

Bush certainly had a way with words, but he was already great at comforting people. Especially soldiers and their loved ones.

Obama is so annoying. He can't talk at all! He....uh...umm...well...uh...umm...talks...um.... ...........like.....um...uh....well....like this...

when he doesnt have a prepared speech. He's so pathetic. And now look at all these scandals? Sleazy... SLEAZY.

Say what you want about Bush...he had zero scandals. 

rant over.

Seriously?

That post made me feel like I was reading the doldrums of the BBC comments forum, you know- the troll section.

"Obama is so annoying. He can't talk at all! " Does not work when you are trying to defend GWB! Much as miss Bush for his comedy value - the rest of the civilized planet are pretty happy to settle for Obama. Even if he can't stand up to the exceedingly high oratory skills of the man who came up with:

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
 "Now watch this drive!"
 "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Ill take the umms and ahhs thank you very much!

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8005 on: May 23, 2013, 01:11 AM »

Awful...

One witness, identified only as James, said two men had attacked another man, aged about 20, who was wearing a T-shirt of military charity Help for Heroes.

The footage on the news has been really disturbing. I was watching the paper review on Sky news and I'm stunned that so many newspapers are using the same horrific image for their front pages.

I also saw a clip of a child being interviewed. We seem to be seeing more and more children being interviewed on news channels. What is going on? We saw children on Sky news when April Jones and Tia Sharp went missing. We're seeing traumatised children talking about surviving the tornado in America. Do we need to see that?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8006 on: May 23, 2013, 01:15 AM »

Seriously?

That post made me feel like I was reading the doldrums of the BBC comments forum, you know- the troll section.

"Obama is so annoying. He can't talk at all! " Does not work when you are trying to defend GWB! Much as miss Bush for his comedy value - the rest of the civilized planet are pretty happy to settle for Obama. Even if he can't stand up to the exceedingly high oratory skills of the man who came up with:

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
 "Now watch this drive!"
 "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Ill take the umms and ahhs thank you very much!
lol  Bush really was a clown.  These are a couple of my favourite Bushisms -

Two days after 9/11 - "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

Six months later - "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8007 on: May 23, 2013, 01:59 AM »

Now saying it was an attack by "suspected Islamist Terrorists." Sounds so brutal, some reports are saying victim was beheaded.
A school near by. Apparently the kids were all scared stiff as rumours spread.
Horrible.

Absolutely shocking news. no

And my heart goes out to those in America caught up in mother nature's wrath again. bigarmhug
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: News Thread « Reply #8008 on: May 23, 2013, 07:18 AM »

lol  Bush really was a clown.  These are a couple of my favourite Bushisms -

Two days after 9/11 - "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

Six months later - "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."

lmao
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8009 on: May 23, 2013, 09:35 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10074881/Mum-talked-down-Woolwich-terrorists-who-told-her-We-want-to-start-a-war-in-London-tonight.html

Brave woman. Don't think I'd have kept my nerve.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 ... 594 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »