Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 ... 609 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 236655 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: News Thread « Reply #8130 on: June 12, 2013, 12:51 PM »

The vast majority of my friends and family (including my own mother!) have Facebook, and they are always trying to persuade me to get an account. For some reason, it's never appealed to me.
My hubbster has a half-assed FB, and I post a line now and then to folks saying it's me talking. He rarely posts pics/info, and never posts anything about me without checking with me first, but the funny thing was when I was in Scotland, everyone was talking to each other about me. Hubbster would say "Who has my wife now?" and he'd get a flurry of posts letting him know what was going on. Some funny banter was going on, and everyone was having a good laugh and reconnecting with each other. It was good stuff.

I'm a private person, and yet ironically post on here. I think it's because I feel safe here because MW is like a tiny closet in the vast mansion of social media. Naïve, I know.

Speaking of twitter, Berdych is addicted. Yesterday he even posted a pic of him and Ester in bed. shocking Not there now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #8131 on: June 12, 2013, 02:11 PM »

I thought that comment from Clydey was hilarious.  I got to know Daisy fairly well away from MW for a while, and no way is she your alter ego!  In fact you only have to compare her posts with yours to find that out.

In what way was it hilarious? I can assure you he wasn't trying to be funny.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #8132 on: June 12, 2013, 02:13 PM »

Not that we needed a study to confirm this but Facebook and Twitter are magnets for narcissists.

The more you post on Twitter and Facebook, the more likely you are to have narcissistic personality traits.

I've said this so many times so nice to read this quote, "Young people overvaluate the importance of their own opinions." And this is why I can't stand Twitter.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2013/06/11/tech-facebook-narcissism.html

Do you have FB or Twitter account?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8133 on: June 12, 2013, 02:43 PM »

Do you have FB or Twitter account?
Yes but almost entirely inactive.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8134 on: June 12, 2013, 07:04 PM »

I do not post a lot I go on to Andy Murray's facebook page to chat to people who are not on MW. I do have a facebook page but do not use it a lot.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #8135 on: June 14, 2013, 01:55 PM »

Is an Impeachment looming for Obama? I won't rule it out. I heard the scope of this program is beyond belief. It even records whatever you've typed and then decided to delete it, so to capture your original thoughts as we do tend to edit our stuff. Highly illegal stuff as many have already indicated that.

Snowden is also now banned flying from UK.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8136 on: June 14, 2013, 07:41 PM »

Is an Impeachment looming for Obama? I won't rule it out. I heard the scope of this program is beyond belief. It even records whatever you've typed and then decided to delete it, so to capture your original thoughts as we do tend to edit our stuff. Highly illegal stuff as many have already indicated that.

Nothing unusual there.  All computers do that.  That's why police computer experts take them away in some cases - so's they can get right inside them and find out what the user has been saying or what their online activity has been.  Also I've heard it said that you leave your footprints on MW too, especially PMs which you think you've deleted, but whether that's true or not I wouldn't know because I'm not a computer expert.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 14, 2013, 07:45 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8137 on: June 14, 2013, 07:46 PM »

Why would Obama be impeached? This is all legal (albeit unethical) due to the Patriot Act passed by Bush administration.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8138 on: June 14, 2013, 08:02 PM »

Why would Obama be impeached? This is all legal (albeit unethical) due to the Patriot Act passed by Bush administration.

OK so I'm not a US citizen - but what wrong, real or concocted, has Obama done that would warrant impeachment anyway?

Many people in the UK thought that Tony Blair should have been impeached over Iraq because of all his lies and deceit which misled parliament and the people. 
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8139 on: June 14, 2013, 08:15 PM »

OK so I'm not a US citizen - but what wrong, real or concocted, has Obama done that would warrant impeachment anyway?

Many people in the UK thought that Tony Blair should have been impeached over Iraq because of all his lies and deceit which misled parliament and the people. 

Nothing, as far as I can tell.

I'd like to smack him over the head for keeping Guantanamo Bay open after riding his campaign on closing it, but not really an impeachment-type of offense. See also: the use of drones.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #8140 on: June 14, 2013, 08:27 PM »

I got to listen to a couple of experts' opinions last night and according to them, the current administration has gone beyond the scope and against the constitutional rights. Of course it all depends on what's in store in the coming few weeks. That will decide Obama's fate unless there's a cover up already in place.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8141 on: June 14, 2013, 08:31 PM »

I got to listen to a couple of experts' opinions last night and according to them, the current administration has gone beyond the scope and against the constitutional rights. Of course it all depends on what's in store in the coming few weeks. That will decide Obama's fate unless there's a cover up already in place.

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8142 on: June 14, 2013, 08:33 PM »

I am sure Bush did a lot worse and we will never know about it. I agree that Guantanamo should be closed. They should take the prisoners to America and put them on trial, are they frightened of what may come out ? Those people should have fair trials for everyone to see. If they are guilty put them in prison if not deport them back to their country of origin.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8143 on: June 14, 2013, 08:34 PM »

Nothing, as far as I can tell.

I'd like to smack him over the head for keeping Guantanamo Bay open after riding his campaign on closing it, but not really an impeachment-type of offense. See also: the use of drones.

Didn't he try to close it and his attempts were blocked?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: News Thread « Reply #8144 on: June 14, 2013, 08:36 PM »

Anyway, there was a lot more detail in that discussion including some of the work in the program itself, but I have no reason to post them here. People are reading about it and listening to those anyway.

I also understand there will be a protest against this on the 4th of July.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean June 14, 2013, 11:41 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 540 541 542 [543] 544 545 546 ... 609 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »