Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 ... 606 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 231735 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8190 on: July 14, 2013, 01:07 PM »

Cory Monteith has been found dead in a hotel room in Canada-they don't seem to know the cause yet,or at least haven't released it.

He was only 31,and always seemed like a really nice guy.So heartbreaking.

Who?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8191 on: July 14, 2013, 01:08 PM »

OH its him from Glee. That's sad, he looked very young. I assume Glee will find a new guy now.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8192 on: July 14, 2013, 01:09 PM »

George Zimmerman found not guilty.

I've been keeping up-to-date with this and this was my bet yesterday as well - it's the right verdict based on the lack of evidence.

What lack of evidence?

911 tapes clearly have the operator saying DO NOT APPROACH HIM and he does anyway. He's armed, Martin's not. Intent to do something to him was there.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8193 on: July 14, 2013, 01:12 PM »

911 tapes clearly have the operator saying DO NOT APPROACH HIM and he does anyway. He's armed, Martin's not. Intent to do something to him was there.
Following someone is not against the law whether you have a gun or not so for me that doesn't really count for much.

Intent to follow is there. And there is a valid reason to follow and track - previous criminals ran away without a trace before the police arrived.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8194 on: July 14, 2013, 01:15 PM »

Following someone is not against the law whether you have a gun or not so for me that doesn't really count for much.

Intent to follow is there. And there is a valid reason to follow, previous criminals to run away without a trace before the police arrived.

He's a civilian. He has no valid reason to follow. There's no 'stand your ground' self-defense unless Martin approached HIM while he was in the car.

Whatever, bro.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8195 on: July 14, 2013, 01:18 PM »

He's a civilian. He has no valid reason to follow.
He was basically the leader of the neighborhood watch there. Regardless of whether it was right or wrong, there is a valid explanation for him tracking the potential criminal until the police arrived.

For the record, I personally don't have a strong opinion on whether he deserves a punishment. But there was significant doubt involved here and that alone means it would be wrong to find him guilty in a court of law.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8196 on: July 14, 2013, 01:20 PM »

He basically the leader of the neighborhood watch there. Regardless of whether it was right or wrong, there is a valid explanation for him tracking the potential criminal until the police arrived.

For the record, I personally don't have a strong opinion on whether he should go to prison. But there was significant doubt involved here and that alone means it would be wrong to find him guilty in a court of law.

blahblah

A civilian is a civilian. That's not a right or wrong decision. If he thought Martin was so dangerous, but had absolutely no proof other than the fact that he was wearing a hoodie and was black, he should have stayed in the car.

Regardless of intent, he should have been found guilty of manslaughter and for that, I have the ******* prosecution to blame.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8197 on: July 14, 2013, 01:27 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if the jury thought he was guilty but what matters is whether the evidence says so and too much of it was circumstantial leaving room for reasonable doubt.

My thoughts on it are yes it was wrong to follow, yes it was wrong to get out of your car to communicate with him. But evidence seems to show that Trayvon was the aggressor and used force to a degree that was potentially fatal. You have to consider the grass stains, the world class forensic investigator who backed Zimmerman's story, the only eye witness who saw Trayvon brutally and relentlessly beating Zimmerman's head to the ground.

Doubt is there, and that is all that matters.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8198 on: July 14, 2013, 02:57 PM »

They never should have brought this to trial.They gave in becauase of pressure from the likes of Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson
Its very sad that there is another dead teenager but Zimmerman is not guilty .
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8199 on: July 14, 2013, 04:31 PM »

ā€œIā€™m worried vigilantes will take the law into their own hands.ā€
ā€”    
Robert Zimmerman, Jr.

Ironic as ****.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8200 on: July 14, 2013, 06:43 PM »

Yeah, that is a valid concern and another negative that has come from what was legally the correct verdict.

If they really want to stop that, they need to introduce a law that says you can't follow someone you suspect to be a criminal and question them. Or let's be honest, the better law would be to not allow civilians to carry a firearm.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8201 on: July 14, 2013, 06:52 PM »

Yeah, that is a valid concern and another negative that has come from what was legally the correct verdict.

If they really want to stop that, they need to introduce a law that says you can't follow someone you suspect to be a criminal and question them. Or let's be honest, the better law would be to not allow civilians to carry a firearm.

Zimmerman was essentially a vigilante.

I have no sympathy.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8202 on: July 14, 2013, 06:54 PM »

I have no sympathy.

Neither do I really. The only reason he was brave enough to question the suspect was because he was armed. That's just another reason why civilians should not be allowed to carry guns in public.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: News Thread « Reply #8203 on: July 14, 2013, 06:55 PM »

lol J.K. Rowling just pulled off the biggest literary stunt ever.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8204 on: July 18, 2013, 01:11 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me if the jury thought he was guilty but what matters is whether the evidence says so and too much of it was circumstantial leaving room for reasonable doubt.

My thoughts on it are yes it was wrong to follow, yes it was wrong to get out of your car to communicate with him. But evidence seems to show that Trayvon was the aggressor and used force to a degree that was potentially fatal. You have to consider the grass stains, the world class forensic investigator who backed Zimmerman's story, the only eye witness who saw Trayvon brutally and relentlessly beating Zimmerman's head to the ground.

Doubt is there, and that is all that matters.

So you think Martin attacked Zimmerman for no reason? He just attacks people who follow him?

When he disregarded orders NOT to follow Martin, don't you think that demonstrates intent to do harm? Also, what evidence was there to suggest that Martin was a potential criminal, besides his attire and skin colour?

Also, you clearly don't know much about expert testimony. "Experts" can essentially be bought to confirm whatever narrative you want to construct.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 ... 606 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »