Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  News Thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 609 Go Down Reply
Author

News Thread

(Read 238428 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8340 on: August 22, 2013, 03:11 PM »

I think the quoted figure of 94% cure rate is the giveaway that this is a complete fabrication.

I would agree, and i did try to sniff out any satire involved but couldn't find any, and then we have to look at who is saying it, remember this is the guy who said a few months ago and i quote "pregnancy can be prevented by a woman involved in a "legitimate rape" because "the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8341 on: August 22, 2013, 03:20 PM »

I would agree, and i did try to sniff out any satire involved but couldn't find any, and then we have to look at who is saying it, remember this is the guy who said a few months ago and i quote "pregnancy can be prevented by a woman involved in a "legitimate rape" because "the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."
This guy sounds like he's not quite the full shillin'!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: News Thread « Reply #8342 on: August 22, 2013, 03:33 PM »

The guy is thoroughly objectionable but it does look as if in this case someone has tried to stitch him up at some level, for whatever reason, and deservedly so. However often crazy ideas like this from obscure origins, and their consequences,  gain traction in this way. Hopefully most will find it as utterly incredible as it is.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8343 on: August 22, 2013, 04:04 PM »

http://dailycurrant.com/2012/08/26/todd-akin-claims-breastmilk-cures-homosexuality/

"Lesbians can be cured by drinking something else," Akin replied "I'll leave that one to your imagination."

It's frightening that there are people who actually believe this kind of thing, i am speechless

The Daily Currant is a known fake-news blog, much like The Onion.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8344 on: August 22, 2013, 04:07 PM »

The Daily Currant is a known fake-news blog, much like The Onion.

Ah well, looks like i've been trolled, certainly wouldn't be the first time  sorry
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8345 on: August 22, 2013, 04:22 PM »

The Daily 'Currant'.....Really?  roflmao I hadn't looked at the link Veronica.....only the post!  lmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8346 on: August 23, 2013, 04:21 AM »

The Daily 'Currant'.....Really?  roflmao I hadn't looked at the link Veronica.....only the post!  lmao
They obviously like raisin' a laugh.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8347 on: August 23, 2013, 06:37 AM »

Oops! Robbie's got serious competition!  lmao
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: News Thread « Reply #8348 on: August 23, 2013, 05:44 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23806756

Oh dear....... how about J-Lo for Catwoman to really make us all sick

Ben Affleck to play Batman in 2015 Superman sequel

The 41-year-old will star opposite British actor Henry Cavill, who will reprise his role as Superman from the most recent film, Man of Steel.

Director Zack Snyder revealed the big screen superhero mash-up at a comic convention in San Diego last month.

Production is expected to begin next year for release in the summer of 2015.

"We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular super heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill and then some," Warner Bros President Greg Silverman said in a statement.

Mr Snyder, who also directed Man of Steel, said in a statement that Mr Affleck will provide an "interesting counter-balance" to 31-year old Cavill's Clark Kent.

"(Affleck) has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne," said Snyder. "I can't wait to work with him."

The sequel - which has yet to be given a title - will reunite Man of Steel stars Amy Adams (Lois Lane), Laurence Fishburne (Perry White) and Diane Lane (Martha Kent).
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8349 on: August 31, 2013, 12:38 PM »

Really can't wrap my hand around the situation in Syria, ie, who to favour, what to vote for, whether or not countries should intervene.

This feels like a lose-lose situation. On one hand, not doing anything reminds me of the current situation in the DRC (4-5 million people killed since 1998) or Rwanda. On the other hand, doing something will invariably involve more death and since the rebels aren't a unified group, the quest for power if/when Assad is toppled is unlikely to be peaceful and isn't guaranteed to be better for the people who live there.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't an International Relations major.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8350 on: August 31, 2013, 01:05 PM »

Really can't wrap my hand around the situation in Syria, ie, who to favour, what to vote for, whether or not countries should intervene.

This feels like a lose-lose situation. On one hand, not doing anything reminds me of the current situation in the DRC (4-5 million people killed since 1998) or Rwanda. On the other hand, doing something will invariably involve more death and since the rebels aren't a unified group, the quest for power if/when Assad is toppled is unlikely to be peaceful and isn't guaranteed to be better for the people who live there.

Sometimes I wish I wasn't an International Relations major.
I feel the same Veronica! If I thought going in would put an end to the suffering of the innocents, I'd say we go for it, but I can't see how intervention by us, could make things better and there's a real risk of making things worse! I do think things will escalate and we may have to 'do something' at some point, but I think and hope that that's still quite a way off!
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: News Thread « Reply #8351 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15 PM »

I don't know if I agree with your speculation. Things have escalated: 2 million displaced refugees (1 million being children). Chemical weaponry being used with no real repercussions or clues if it will be used again. There are plenty of conflicts in the world that are heinous and on-going that have been largely been ignored by the West because their plight and suffering has either not been 'interesting enough' to garner media attention or, unfortunately, their geographical and political standing has not been of importance to the West. At the end of the day, despite the Obama administration, I don't think anything will be done except maybe send a few UN peacekeepers for show and tell and this conflict can go on for a decade.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: News Thread « Reply #8352 on: August 31, 2013, 01:36 PM »

I wasn't actually looking at it from a 'political viewpoint' Veronica, but from a personal one and only about this situation, as it is now! Will going in help the situation, or just serve to make it worse? What do you think? I agree with you about the West either interfering in these things for gain or ignoring if not interesting enough, but the question is, what 'can' we do 'now' without making the situation worse? I sure as hell don't know! I'm not arguing with you Veronica, because I agree with what you say, but I do believe that 'this is not going to go away'....no matter what we do or don't do now! Things are going to get worse....much worse. Call that 'speculation' if you want, but it's what I believe! If you think otherwise, then.....I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but only time will tell!
[ Last edit by Caz August 31, 2013, 01:49 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: News Thread « Reply #8353 on: August 31, 2013, 06:52 PM »

I am glad we are not going to involved in yet another war. I think the vote in parliament was correct. Many MP's know how the public will not stand for yet more British troops being killed we have had enough young men killed or badly injured. Then the government has the cheek to get rid of them out of the Army and back to civilian life without a blink. Too many of our young men face a future without a job or housing. The way this government has treated the troops is terrible. I am sorry for the people in Syria I do not understand why country's like Saudia Arabia and all the other Arab country's do not get involved. It is to their benefit to keep that region of the world stable.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

The great British player will be back!

Re: News Thread « Reply #8354 on: September 01, 2013, 10:40 PM »

David Frost has died. He interviewed Andy last year near the French Open.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 556 [557] 558 559 560 ... 609 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »