Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces

(Read 1982 times)
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 12:24 PM »

Seems a bit strange. No body no proof?

According to Muslim custom a body has to be buried within 24 hours. Why adhere to Muslim custom now? I understand not burying it because what country would want the remains? And it would have created a shrine/place of congregation for his supporters. But can't understand them getting rid of the body so soon.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34 PM »

Slightly unsettling that this comes a few days after Wikileaks released something about a nuclear bomb being in Europe ready to go off if Osama Bin Laden is ever killed.
IP Logged
invisibleman18
World No 1

MW 2006 Fantasy WC & Prediction League Champion

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 12:54 PM »

Bin Laden is killed and the Playstation network comes back online straight away. Coincidence? lol
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 01:55 PM »

I bet he feels pretty stupid now - suspect he had 10,000 shrivelled old hags waiting for him rather than the promised virgins! lol
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 04:27 PM »

Great link here for you - money just ticking over all the time - I don't know what 12 zeros after a coma is - trillion or something? dontknow

http://costofwar.com/en/

That is a horrible thing to look at - especially when you're a tax payer !!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 04:51 PM »

Lots of conspiritor's out now saying ,we haven't seen the body of Bin laden or pictures,why did they bury him so quickly.That this is all just a ploy to make obama look good.
Americans are a funny old lot.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 04:53 PM »

"CAIRO — Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden’s burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship.

“The Americans want to humiliate Muslims through this burial, and I don’t think this is in the interest of the U.S. administration,” said Omar Bakri Mohammed, a radical cleric in Lebanon.

A U.S. official said that the burial decision was made after concluding that it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. There also was speculation about worry that a grave site could have become a rallying point for militants.

The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not say where the burial took place."
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #22 on: May 02, 2011, 04:59 PM »

I bet there will be a payback.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #23 on: May 02, 2011, 06:48 PM »

"CAIRO — Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden’s burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship.

“The Americans want to humiliate Muslims through this burial, and I don’t think this is in the interest of the U.S. administration,” said Omar Bakri Mohammed, a radical cleric in Lebanon.

A U.S. official said that the burial decision was made after concluding that it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. There also was speculation about worry that a grave site could have become a rallying point for militants.

The U.S. official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters, did not say where the burial took place."

If we are to believe he was buried at sea and it took place as reported, then the whoever gave the order - although having all the best intentions - perhaps overlooked Islamic cultrual sensitivities out of ignorance rather than malice, as reported by Omar Bakri that "the Americans want to humiliate Muslims".
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #24 on: May 02, 2011, 06:57 PM »

I bet there will be a payback.
This is the big worry.  What now? ...
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #25 on: May 02, 2011, 07:02 PM »

If we are to believe he was buried at sea and it took place as reported, then the whoever gave the order - although having all the best intentions - perhaps overlooked Islamic cultrual sensitivities out of ignorance rather than malice, as reported by Omar Bakri that "the Americans want to humiliate Muslims".

In this particular instance, I just can't imagine that there are too many Americans who give a toss for Islamic cultural sensitivities.

I wonder how many "leaders" or "layers of leaders" there are remaining and what Plan "B" is.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #26 on: May 02, 2011, 08:07 PM »

It's like a hydra, as soon as you chop off one head, another grows.  Terrorism/ freedom fighting  has its roots in poverty, cruelty and injustice and there's plenty of that in this little old world.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 08:18 PM »

Seems a bit strange. No body no proof?

We had visual evidence of Hussein being hanged. This wasn't like that. The American government planned this for months.

For all we know, the body is in custody and they are lying to us because al Queda has already declared revenge. If the US had claimed that they were shipping the body to the US or that they had it in custody, that puts more of a danger on the troops still in Pakistan.

But, again, speculation. I don't believe they're lying about killing him though.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 08:19 PM »

We had visual evidence of Hussein being hanged. This wasn't like that. The American government planned this for months.

For all we know, the body is in custody and they are lying to us because al Queda has already declared revenge. If the US had claimed that they were shipping the body to the US or that they had it in custody, that puts more of a danger on the troops still in Pakistan.

But, again, speculation. I don't believe they're lying about killing him though.

Did you actually see the video of the hanging?  I did.

I read that they shot bin Laden through the eye.
[ Last edit by Daisy May 02, 2011, 08:23 PM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Osama Bin Laden killed by US forces « Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 08:32 PM »

Yes, I did see it. I probably shouldn't have, gave me nightmares for a bit on how dimly lit it was.

There's a ton of rumors going around.

How do you feel about the celebrations, though? While I don't care that people are excited that he's dead, I think it's a little much to be having street parades and the like.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »