Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Politics 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Politics

(Read 3516 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Politics « Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 03:20 PM »

Also, this might be a very good place to start? It lets you compare all the policies of the major parties according to policy area (row of tabs along the top) Smile
[ Last edit by eira_arian February 12, 2010, 03:24 PM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Politics « Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 03:52 PM »

Whilst Labour have made a pigs ear of immigration control, the BNP's policies on immigration are frightening.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Politics « Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 03:54 PM »

Thanks for that site btw, Laura.

Would never vote SNP as I don't want Scotland to be indepedent, so can see myself voting Conservative or Lib Dem.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Politics « Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 04:03 PM »

Quite a swing there....I think that we need someone new in government - 13 years is too long for any party....but the fact that the Conservatives are going to win I think makes me less likely to vote for them, because deep down I'm more of a lefty. Plus, I'm in one of the safest Labour seats in the country...
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Politics « Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 04:21 PM »

The reason why people have or are concidering voting for BNP are doing it coz they believe its the only way.  The current parties aren't doing enough (as far as immigration: benefits, employment is concerned) to sort out the mess so the people who are suffering believe if they vote in BNP at least that problem will be sorted.

Ta for the website thats exactly what I wanted Very Happy  Politics made simply lol
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Politics « Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 04:23 PM »

Isn't Corporal punishment like having a hand chopped off for stealing and capital is death ... ish? Think
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Politics « Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 04:29 PM »

Pretty much. The thing is with voting for the BNP on the immigration issue, realistically they won't be able to carry through in the nice easy way that they say they will.

For a start, I think I read that they're going to pay immigrants and their home countries to leave the UK. Well, where's that money coming from? Plus, when do you stop? People that have immigrated in the last year, 2 years, 5 years, 10 years? People that aren't "ethnically" British (and historically that is a SHITE concept, I would like to add - if we're going on the immigration principle, all you Anglo-Saxons can bugger off back to the continent)? And what are you going to do if people refuse to leave? And what are they going to do about the bad feeling and potentially violent backlash that such a policy would cause - more bureaucracy, more money in administrating, policing, beating down, building the gas chambers. All for what? To retain the 'white purity' of Britain? Pah.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Politics « Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 04:41 PM »

Yeah thats the worry with BNP.  But people voting don't look that far ahead.

Awwwwww I just wanna give the Lib Dems a cuddle hug  I think if I don't get an option to vote for them I won't vote at all.  But I think I should be able to in the general elections right?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Politics « Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 04:45 PM »

Thanks for that site btw, Laura.

Would never vote SNP as I don't want Scotland to be indepedent, so can see myself voting Conservative or Lib Dem.

How come you don't want Scotland to be independent? I'd probably want it if we could survive on our own.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Politics « Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 04:47 PM »

Yeah thats the worry with BNP.  But people voting don't look that far ahead.

Awwwwww I just wanna give the Lib Dems a cuddle hug  I think if I don't get an option to vote for them I won't vote at all.  But I think I should be able to in the general elections right?

I would imagine so, unless your constituency is such a lost cause that they don't bother to field a candidate! What is your constituency?
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Politics « Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 04:50 PM »

Is that who are the MP's for my town are?
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Politics « Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 04:53 PM »

It's the area in which you vote - the voting area that elects your local MP. Who's your MP? Smile
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Politics « Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 04:54 PM »

A Neil Turner (Labour) is MP for Wigan.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Politics « Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 04:56 PM »

Seems to be a fairly safe labour majority!! lmao

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/constituency/1437/wigan

Can't see any reason why the LD wouldn't field a candidate though...
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Politics « Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 04:58 PM »

Yeah ... see this is another reason why I question why to bother voting at all coz its ridicious the amount of votes labour gets!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »