Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Randomness 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 1277 [1278] 1279 1280 1281 ... 1327 Go Down Reply
Author

Randomness

(Read 302100 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19155 on: October 20, 2012, 08:04 PM »

^^ lmao

In other news.. I take the Toronto GO Train occasionally. Glad I wasn't on this one.

How pathetic.  Listening to half of that was enough for me.  Maybe it was a severe case of PMT??  Troube is, if a stranger had slapped her across the face they'd could have been charged with assault - but maybe Canadians are more relaxed about such things.

I once heard aggro like that on a bus in Edinburgh (although they're not uncommon in the streets in some areas) and the driver stopped and threatened to throw the ***** off if she didn't shut it, so she started screaming at him instead, but at least she did get off.  Can't do that on a train though!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19156 on: October 20, 2012, 08:33 PM »

The hell is a moderate atheist? As opposed to someone who subscribes to the fundamentals of atheism?
My level of certainty of there being no God is around 9/10. So when forced to pick between atheism and agnosticism I'm inclined to pick the former with the "moderate" disclaimer. You are of course free to choose a different label that best describes my position but none of it matters to me and I don't like to give it much thought.
[ Last edit by Mark October 20, 2012, 08:47 PM ] IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19157 on: October 20, 2012, 10:30 PM »

My level of certainty of there being no God is around 9/10. So when forced to pick between atheism and agnosticism I'm inclined to pick the former with the "moderate" disclaimer. You are of course free to choose a different label that best describes my position but none of it matters to me and I don't like to give it much thought.

Everyone is technically an agnostic, but in practice you're an atheist. One relates to ontology and the other relates to epistemology.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19158 on: October 20, 2012, 11:46 PM »

Okie dokie Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Randomness « Reply #19159 on: October 23, 2012, 04:04 PM »

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Randomness « Reply #19160 on: October 26, 2012, 12:13 PM »

Almost choked on my scrambled eggs when I fired up my computer and this was on my News Page.  shocking

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/brazilian-woman-auctions-off-virginity-780-000-193133109.html
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Randomness « Reply #19161 on: October 26, 2012, 01:47 PM »

That is outrageous Linda!
I read the heading many times to see if I didn't get it wrong.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19162 on: October 26, 2012, 07:02 PM »

Almost choked on my scrambled eggs when I fired up my computer and this was on my News Page.  shocking

http://ca.shine.yahoo.com/blogs/shine-on/brazilian-woman-auctions-off-virginity-780-000-193133109.html
While it does seem distasteful to me because it's something I could never have done, I don't really see the problem.  Migliorini is apparently doing this voluntarily and not being coerced into it, and if the money raised is indeed for the purpose that she claims it's for, then that's fine by me.  It's her body after all and she can do what she likes with it.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Randomness « Reply #19163 on: October 26, 2012, 10:35 PM »

Some girl did this in the UK a few years ago to fund her degree.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/4222155/Student-auctions-off-virginity-for-offers-of-more-than-2.5-million.html
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19164 on: October 27, 2012, 12:39 AM »

I remember reading about that at the time and there were quite a few expressions of disgust, although it's interesting, but not surprising, that she also considered it to be relevant to the subject of her degree.

A few years ago I lived in what was then Edinburgh's "red light" district (it has since been moved due complaints by local residents).  As part of their beat was a street opposite where I lived I got on speaking terms with a couple of them and discovered that quite a number of young women become prostitutes simply so that they can feed and clothe their families, usually because they're single parents.  That was over a decade ago and given today's economic climate it wouldn't surprise if that number has increased.  No matter what the state of the economy is there will always be men prepared to pay for sex.

It seems very few are in it because they actually want to be, particularly as these women live in constant fear of suffering serious physical harm or even being murdered, no matter how carefully they try to check the men out before getting into their cars or the fact that, in Edinburgh at least, the police are tolerant enough to keep a watchful but very discreet eye on them.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Randomness « Reply #19165 on: October 27, 2012, 05:36 AM »

While it does seem distasteful to me because it's something I could never have done, I don't really see the problem.  Migliorini is apparently doing this voluntarily and not being coerced into it, and if the money raised is indeed for the purpose that she claims it's for, then that's fine by me.  It's her body after all and she can do what she likes with it.

You know, everyone says they will do it for a good cause but I seriously doubt it.
Even in a Miss World or Miss Universe,if they are questioned they act as if they are gonna help the orphanage and charity and rural areas blah blah blah...
There are better ways if you wanna help people.
You don't have to do such things really..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19166 on: October 27, 2012, 08:12 PM »

You know, everyone says they will do it for a good cause but I seriously doubt it.
Even in a Miss World or Miss Universe,if they are questioned they act as if they are gonna help the orphanage and charity and rural areas blah blah blah...
There are better ways if you wanna help people.
You don't have to do such things really..
I do agree with you Zarfeen, but if she's got any conscience at all she's going to feel pretty bad if she doesn't do what she says with the money because she's attracted so much publicity.

Also I think she's taking a huge risk, since goodness knows what the Japanese 'gentleman' might subject her to.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Randomness « Reply #19167 on: October 27, 2012, 10:28 PM »

It's a dreich (soggy) day here today, putting me in mind of my old country.
So, I starts up the engine in my car, and what belts out of the radio? None other than '500 Miles' by The Proclaimers. lmao
In all my years here, I've never heard it played.
Reminds me so much of Andy playing at Davis Cup last year.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Randomness « Reply #19168 on: October 27, 2012, 10:35 PM »

When I hear any mention of the Proclaimers I can't help but think of Family Guy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19169 on: October 27, 2012, 11:35 PM »

It's a dreich (soggy) day here today, putting me in mind of my old country.
So, I starts up the engine in my car, and what belts out of the radio? None other than '500 Miles' by The Proclaimers. lmao
In all my years here, I've never heard it played.
Reminds me so much of Andy playing at Davis Cup last year.
Never heard it before (I think I must have missed that bit at the DC) so just listened to it on YouTube.  It was a live performance and before they started singing the American (female) introducer asked for an explanation of the word 'haver'.  Proclaimers - 'to talk rubbish'.  Introducer - 'Oh you mean ****!'  lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1275 1276 1277 [1278] 1279 1280 1281 ... 1327 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »