Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Randomness 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 1296 [1297] 1298 1299 1300 ... 1327 Go Down Reply
Author

Randomness

(Read 307773 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19440 on: March 26, 2013, 11:02 PM »

General question:
How old were you when you had your first crush, and what did you do about it?

10 or 11, I think. Did nothing about it. She had a crush on me too, but neither of us did anything.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Randomness « Reply #19441 on: March 26, 2013, 11:07 PM »

I was about 8 years old. His name was Gordon, and we would chase each other around the playground. When we caught each other, we would punch each other in the stomach.
The rules in the playground were if you managed to catch/be caught, that meant you were "girlfriend and boyfriend."

Such romance.. wonder what he's doing now.. Very Happy

Ah the joys of the playground. My first crush was a boy who lived in my street and we went to school together- worshiped him from about the age of 8. He was tall and used to defend me and look after me  Heart Now got a lovely fiance; id dad to her son and they have a baby boy together - make a lovely family Smile
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Randomness « Reply #19442 on: March 26, 2013, 11:35 PM »

Ah the joys of the playground. My first crush was a boy who lived in my street and we went to school together- worshiped him from about the age of 8. He was tall and used to defend me and look after me  Heart Now got a lovely fiance; id dad to her son and they have a baby boy together - make a lovely family Smile

Sounds great Hazel. Do you still stay in contact with him?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Randomness « Reply #19443 on: March 26, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Sounds great Hazel. Do you still stay in contact with him?

Yeah still in touch, not very much now, but always grab a chat when we see each other Smile
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Randomness « Reply #19444 on: March 27, 2013, 12:13 AM »

Any thing goes in this thread right? I just took a banging dump...
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19445 on: March 27, 2013, 12:20 AM »

Touching short video about a kid with Down syndrome who wants to be a mixed martial artist, documenting his first fight.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19446 on: March 27, 2013, 01:19 AM »

General question:
How old were you when you had your first crush, and what did you do about it?
I had a marriage proposal when I was 6 and he was 7.  We were in the same class at school and near neighbours.  Unfortunately one day he let his dog chase me round his garden and the beautiful friendship came to an end.  Sadly he died of meningitis at the age of 21, less than a year after he did get married. Frown
[ Last edit by Aileen March 27, 2013, 01:24 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Randomness « Reply #19447 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20 AM »

I had a crush on this boy when I was 11 I think and he was 15. Anyway, I had a crush only after I found out he had a crush on me. Anyway, he wasn't very happy with his parents situations (they would fight a lot and was about to get a divorce) and got into drugs at that age. One day he passed out while he was smoking and his bedroom linen caught on fire and he was so out after that smoke that, he couldn't wake himself up and no one was in the house. He was still alive when he was rushed to the hospital but couldn't survive as his chest was totally burned damaging his main organs. It was a very traumatic event for me and it took me years to forget about him. I used to dream him a lot after that. We both knew about each other's feelings but never had the chance to express it. I was never going to tell him about my crush and he was too shy about me as well, so I don't think it was ever going to happen anyway. His parents were devastated. I used to visit them after he died.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean March 27, 2013, 02:47 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Randomness « Reply #19448 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20 AM »

Whoa thats unfortunate.

Two very tragic tales.
[ Last edit by Mark March 27, 2013, 09:20 AM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Randomness « Reply #19449 on: March 27, 2013, 01:45 PM »

I had a crush on this boy when I was 11 I think and he was 15. Anyway, I had a crush only after I found out he had a crush on me. Anyway, he wasn't very happy with his parents situations (they would fight a lot and was about to get a divorce) and got into drugs at that age. One day he passed out while he was smoking and his bedroom linen caught on fire and he was so out after that smoke that, he couldn't wake himself up and no one was in the house. He was still alive when he was rushed to the hospital but couldn't survive as his chest was total burned damaging his main organs. It was a very traumatic event for me and it took me years to forget about him. I used to dream him a lot after that. We both knew about each other's feelings but never had the chance to express it. I was never going to tell him about my crush and he was too shy about me as well, so I don't think it was ever going to happen anyway. His parents were devastated. I used to visit them after he died.

So sad. Frown
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Randomness « Reply #19450 on: March 27, 2013, 02:25 PM »

I had a crush on this boy when I was 11 I think and he was 15. Anyway, I had a crush only after I found out he had a crush on me. Anyway, he wasn't very happy with his parents situations (they would fight a lot and was about to get a divorce) and got into drugs at that age. One day he passed out while he was smoking and his bedroom linen caught on fire and he was so out after that smoke that, he couldn't wake himself up and no one was in the house. He was still alive when he was rushed to the hospital but couldn't survive as his chest was total burned damaging his main organs. It was a very traumatic event for me and it took me years to forget about him. I used to dream him a lot after that. We both knew about each other's feelings but never had the chance to express it. I was never going to tell him about my crush and he was too shy about me as well, so I don't think it was ever going to happen anyway. His parents were devastated. I used to visit them after he died.
That's just awful.  Sorry to hear it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Randomness « Reply #19451 on: March 27, 2013, 02:46 PM »

It was much more awful for the parents, really. His father died of a massive heart attack (he'd been very depressed after his son's death so I think he couldn't handle it well) and the mum grew older really fast. After his death, they moved out of town and went to live in some other town probably to cope better with the situation, so I didn’t get to see them anymore. A few years later when she came to visit us to attend my mum’s funeral, she looked so much older all of a sudden. She couldn’t have been more 42 at that time but she looked 65. I was really shocked to see that. A beautiful family just fell apart just like that before my very eyes. I used to spend almost all my weekends playing with her 2 sons so I had a lot of beautiful memories of that family. I couldn’t date anyone until I was 19 and was basically forced into it (lol), but as a result, I grew up hating drugs with this distinct passion. I can never watch a movie (or anything basically) that has anything to do with drugs even to date. It’s kind of like a forbidden subject for me. All those time I had thought I could have helped him if I let him know that I too had a crush on him, so I felt really guilty at that time. I still do in fact because I could have diverted him from getting into drugs. It was just a lot to take at that young age so obviously it’d affected me a great deal in the long run. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19452 on: March 27, 2013, 02:53 PM »

^ It's a heartbreaking story, and of course it must have had a massive effect on everyone, especially his parents.  To lose a child is unthinkable in terms of the devastation.  I think guilt is always present when someone close to you dies, but you just have to try to rise above it, and do the best you can to remember them with love and try to get on with your life.  Easier said than done.  Believe me, I know.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Randomness « Reply #19453 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37 PM »

That's very true regardless of the situations. I loved that family with all my heart and I still do. Anyway, I've moved on of course but it has always irked me when I see people into drugs and all. They don't understand how hard it is for their parents to cope with the aftermath. Sure their marriage was on the rocks but that's something I find acceptable since it's very hard to find a common ground when two people are so different from each other, but I felt he just took the easy way out to cope with his parents’ situation. It just felt like as if he’d committed suicide and I was very upset with him for that for a long time. It felt like as if he took revenge on his parents for not listening to him or paying attention to him and making their marriage a bigger deal than him. He was so stubborn… but he was also very kind, sweet and shy. And very handsome. He was 16 when he died.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Randomness « Reply #19454 on: March 27, 2013, 04:46 PM »

^ You can't 'fix' people EJ.  They make their own decisions and take responsibility for themselves, and you truly have to stop beating yourself up.  There is nothing more you could have done.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 1294 1295 1296 [1297] 1298 1299 1300 ... 1327 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »