Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Recipes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

Recipes

(Read 16569 times)
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #735 on: January 07, 2011, 03:28 PM »

I've made all of these and love them apart from the Lamb and the Chocolate Chip Bread & Butter Pudding ... just as well we don't all eat like this every day !! Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #736 on: January 07, 2011, 03:33 PM »

Woo Smile Do you mean that you've cooked the Lamb tagine and Choc Chic B&BP and didn't love them or haven't cooked them?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #737 on: January 07, 2011, 03:35 PM »

Woo Smile Do you mean that you've cooked the Lamb tagine and Choc Chic B&BP and didn't love them or haven't cooked them?

I've cooked them both but don't care for either.  I'm not much of a lamb fan - bit "gamey" for me and I have a Bread Pudding with Whisky Sauce Recipe which I stick with for preference ...
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #738 on: January 07, 2011, 03:37 PM »

Oooo I love lamb - probs my favourite meat Smile Our B&BP was Nigella's new one - and I have to say it was excellent (not my handiwork) - perhaps even better than the cheesecake and I generally don't much care for it as a concept.

In recipe related news, I got Nigella Kitchen as a New Year present and am now feeling the cooking URGE.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Recipes « Reply #739 on: January 07, 2011, 03:39 PM »

I only like Lamb occasionally, depends how it's cooked
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #740 on: January 07, 2011, 03:39 PM »

I'm amazed that I've never caught on to Nigella - guess that's what comes of living in a cave and painting my face blue.  Everyone seems to be making her recipes - I don't even have one of her cookbooks.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #741 on: January 07, 2011, 03:40 PM »

Nom nom nom - let's see can I offer you ladies a swap? I'll have all your lamb if you have all my.....pork? (Unless it's belly pork!)
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Recipes « Reply #742 on: January 07, 2011, 03:42 PM »

I'm amazed that I've never caught on to Nigella - guess that's what comes of living in a cave and painting my face blue.  Everyone seems to be making her recipes - I don't even have one of her cookbooks.

Neither am I. Nothing against her, but I tend to use recipes more as inspiration then follow them Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #743 on: January 07, 2011, 03:42 PM »

I've been running around all afternoon looking at items for the new

now need to get into the kitchen and prep for Chickan & Asparagus Rissotto .... wonderful on a cold wintry night.

IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #744 on: January 07, 2011, 03:44 PM »

Sir Peter Viggers, is that you??
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Recipes « Reply #745 on: January 07, 2011, 03:45 PM »

The truth at last!!! lmao
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #746 on: January 07, 2011, 03:52 PM »

That's him (in drag) standing on the front porch ^^^ Smile

Actually it was Aileen who first tagged my new home as "The Duck House" and I thought it was pretty cute of her ...
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Recipes « Reply #747 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57 PM »

Oooo I love lamb - probs my favourite meat Smile Our B&BP was Nigella's new one - and I have to say it was excellent (not my handiwork) - perhaps even better than the cheesecake and I generally don't much care for it as a concept.

In recipe related news, I got Nigella Kitchen as a New Year present and am now feeling the cooking URGE.

Happy cooking with your new Nigella Kitchen, I'm sure after trying out these recipes you will try out her other books.  Nigella Christmas is could to have on hand during the holiday period. A large book with lot's of festive meals and treats. Enjoy!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Recipes « Reply #748 on: January 07, 2011, 04:05 PM »

Are you there ChrisMac? 

Have you made Nigella's Brandy Butter Ice Cream - if so, how do you rate it?  I was thinking of adding it to my Sauce list of Spiced Rum Sauce & Butterscotch Rum Sauce (got to get everyone's favourites in !!) to go with the Pud ...

Just spotted this post this now Daisy! Since December I have not been on much and then only a quick peek as had no time to read all through the threads and posts.
To answer your question, no I have never made Nigella's Brandy Butter Ice Cream, so can't rate it, but I have made her Margarita Ice Cream which was yummy and guests last Christmas loved it.

Hope all your cooking went well at Christmas and everyone was impressed and enjoyed.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #749 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09 PM »

Just spotted this post this now Daisy! Since December I have not been on much and then only a quick peek as had no time to read all through the threads and posts.
To answer your question, no I have never made Nigella's Brandy Butter Ice Cream, so can't rate it, but I have made her Margarita Ice Cream which was yummy and guests last Christmas loved it.

Hope all your cooking went well at Christmas and everyone was impressed and enjoyed.

I've missed seeing you around  Smile

The Brandy Butter IceCream had a lovely flavour and a "soft" texture as it was not churned.  Everything else turned out well (thank goodness).

How about you - did it all go well and did you have a good time?  Was Santa good to you?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »