Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Recipes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

Recipes

(Read 16947 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Recipes « Reply #750 on: January 07, 2011, 04:28 PM »

I've missed seeing you around  Smile

The Brandy Butter IceCream had a lovely flavour and a "soft" texture as it was not churned.  Everything else turned out well (thank goodness).

How about you - did it all go well and did you have a good time?  Was Santa good to you?

Thank's Daisy! I will definitely try out the Brandy Butter Ice Cream sounds delicious. All my meals went well and turned out perfectly, and got lot's of praise, for Christmas Eve's and Christmas Day feast which is so nice, when you spend so many hours in the kitchen. What made it so tiring for me this year was that my partner came home from work the night before Christmas Eve and he had a bad chest cold, which I woke up with it on Christmas Day I felt terrible as not having any sleep for a few nights due to him coughing and spluttering and there was no spare room where I could have disappeared to, but being female just kept on going till both boy's left on the 29. Fell into bed then with my Night Nurse and cough mixture,spent New Year's there too,  starting to feel better now but still feel lacking in energy. Have not taken any decorations or the tree down yet, just not up to it. But It will still be there next week, waiting for me.

Santa was very good again this year, I must say I always get spoilt.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #751 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35 PM »

Thank's Daisy! I will definitely try out the Brandy Butter Ice Cream sounds delicious. All my meals went well and turned out perfectly, and got lot's of praise, for Christmas Eve's and Christmas Day feast which is so nice, when you spend so many hours in the kitchen. What made it so tiring for me this year was that my partner came home from work the night before Christmas Eve and he had a bad chest cold, which I woke up with it on Christmas Day I felt terrible as not having any sleep for a few nights due to him coughing and spluttering and there was no spare room where I could have disappeared to, but being female just kept on going till both boy's left on the 29. Fell into bed then with my Night Nurse and cough mixture,spent New Year's there too,  starting to feel better now but still feel lacking in energy. Have not taken any decorations or the tree down yet, just not up to it. But It will still be there next week, waiting for me.

I'm so sorry you were under the weather.  It always happens when there is a lot going on in the kitchen.  It does sound like you really overdid it and no doubt it will take quite a while to get yourself together again. hug  I did read today in the paper where they are expecting a bigish flu epidemic this winter, so you really want to get yourself well rested so that some opportunistic little virus does not come along and grab you while you're not looking!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #752 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56 PM »

Happy cooking with your new Nigella Kitchen, I'm sure after trying out these recipes you will try out her other books.  Nigella Christmas is could to have on hand during the holiday period. A large book with lot's of festive meals and treats. Enjoy!

Thank you Smile I actually already have Nigella Express and Feast - they're as good for bedtime reading as for cooking I find! Such beautiful pictures!

Hope you're feeling better!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Recipes « Reply #753 on: January 07, 2011, 11:54 PM »

I'm so sorry you were under the weather.  It always happens when there is a lot going on in the kitchen.  It does sound like you really overdid it and no doubt it will take quite a while to get yourself together again. hug  I did read today in the paper where they are expecting a bigish flu epidemic this winter, so you really want to get yourself well rested so that some opportunistic little virus does not come along and grab you while you're not looking!
They predict a flu epidemic nearly every year, Daisy, and after the swine flu panic (you'd have thought it was the plague!) I'm afraid I can't take these warnings too seriously.  January and February are notoriously "flu months".  However, although I've only had flu a handful of times in my entire life, I'm one of the first at the surgery to get the jab! I'm high priority anyway, not just my age, but because I have diabetes which was diagnosed about 12 years ago.  Daily injections of insulin are a bit of a nuisance because you have to keep on checking your blood sugar levels and work out the dose according to what food you're going to be eating, and when, and my lifestyle can be a little erratic!  However, I reckon there are far worse things around - although it has put paid to my great love of chocolate ...

Thought you hadn't been around for a while.  Ah yes, us women, we stagger on regardless while the male of the species has more sense!

I'm sorry it messed up your Christmas and New Year, though, and hope you're feeling a lot better soon. hug
[ Last edit by Aileen January 07, 2011, 11:59 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Recipes « Reply #754 on: January 08, 2011, 01:28 AM »

This is my tried and trusted recipe for Christmas Cake...

Ingredients:

* 2 cups flour

* 1 stick butter
* 1 cup of water
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 cup of sugar
* 1 tsp salt
* 1 cup of brown sugar
* Lemon juice
* 4 large eggs

* Nuts
* 2 bottles wine
* 2 cups of dried fruit

Sample the wine to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the wine again.

To be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
Repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy
bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point it's best to make
sure the wine is still OK. Try another cup... Just in case. Turn off the
mixerer thingy. Break 2 eggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of
dried fruit.

Pick the frigging fruit up off floor. Mix on the turner.. If the fried druit
gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the
wine to check for tonsisticity. Next, sift two cups of salt. Or something.
Check the wine. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one
table. Add a spoon of sugar, or some fink. Whatever you can find. Greash the
oven. Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget
to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish
the wine and wipe counter with the cat.

Go to Tesco and buy cake.

Bingle Jells!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Recipes « Reply #755 on: January 08, 2011, 01:36 AM »

lmao  You gonna feel sho shorry (hic) fer youshelf in (hic) morning! 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Recipes « Reply #756 on: January 08, 2011, 01:41 AM »

^ Ken... Frown
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Recipes « Reply #757 on: January 08, 2011, 01:44 AM »

Sleep well ... Very Happy
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Recipes « Reply #758 on: January 08, 2011, 09:16 AM »

Just found this topic & been reading some back from beginning.  Hope I can find it again.  Hope to try some soon!  I see, Daisy, that you are not just a pretty face!!!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #759 on: January 08, 2011, 09:26 AM »

This is my tried and trusted recipe for Christmas Cake...

lmao
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #760 on: January 08, 2011, 09:28 AM »

Just found this topic & been reading some back from beginning.  Hope I can find it again.  Hope to try some soon!  I see, Daisy, that you are not just a pretty face!!!

Welcome to another cook ... hopefully you'll have some of your favourites you'd like to share too ...
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Recipes « Reply #761 on: January 08, 2011, 12:57 PM »

Thank's for the kind words  grouphug
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #762 on: January 08, 2011, 01:17 PM »

Achieved so far today - a simple basil and tomato soup with roasted red peppers....and my foccacia dough is proving nervous
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #763 on: January 08, 2011, 01:23 PM »

Roasted red pepper and tomato soup is one of my favourites.  I also make that combo for Lasagne and it is utterly D-I-V-I-N-E.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Recipes « Reply #764 on: January 08, 2011, 02:57 PM »

This thread just makes my mouth water ... you can come and cook for me anytime Daisy! Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 ... 56 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »