Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Recipes 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 56 Go Down Reply
Author

Recipes

(Read 16463 times)
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 01:17 PM »

Just taken my cake out of the oven....damn lack of cooling rack! Amateur! Still think it's going to be too sweet...Daisy - any suggestions for some sort of icing-scenario that might take the edge off? Smile
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #16 on: July 05, 2009, 01:21 PM »

Just taken my cake out of the oven....damn lack of cooling rack! Amateur! Still think it's going to be too sweet...Daisy - any suggestions for some sort of icing-scenario that might take the edge off? Smile

You'll have to wait till you try it ..........

I'm wondering if I'm understanding you correctly ..... are you actually making a Banana "cake" which would be in a round tin and generally have some kind of frosting on it or are you making Banana "bread" which is made in a 9x5x3-inch pan and is served in slices with butter on the top?

Use your wire thingy from the grill pan on top of two cans of soup for a cooling rack.
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #17 on: July 05, 2009, 01:23 PM »

It's somewhere in between the two. It's cooked in a loaf tin, but I wouldn't serve it with butter...
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Recipes « Reply #18 on: July 05, 2009, 01:23 PM »

Sounds fantastic, will need to get my Mum's recipe for her Pineapple Alice up here, easy to make but it's phenomenal, we have it as a family every Christmas. Little tongue man
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Recipes « Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 01:24 PM »

Better Than Almost Anything Cake

fainting

I could eat a can of condensed milk with my fingers, it's so good. lmao

Sounds fantastic, will need to get my Mum's recipe for her Pineapple Alice up here, easy to make but it's phenomenal, we have it as a family every Christmas. Little tongue man

Little tongue man
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #20 on: July 05, 2009, 01:24 PM »

It's somewhere in between the two. It's cooked in a loaf tin, but I wouldn't serve it with butter...

Okay - then I think I'd leave well along.  Let me go and look again and see if I see anything ..... I can only think of American Frosting off hand but that is a pain in the ass to make ..
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #21 on: July 05, 2009, 01:27 PM »

Okay - I've made this with a banana cake and it compliments it very well ..... (almonds and bananas are good together)

AMARETTO ICING

3 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 tablespoon butter, softened
¼ teaspoon vanilla
1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon amaretto or milk

Beat cheese, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.  Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating well.  Stir in the amaretto or milk.  Stir in additional amaretto or milk to make a spreading consistency for cake in 13 x 9 pan or drizzling consistency for cake made in fluted pan.

Translation .............Powdered sugar is Icing Sugar.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Recipes « Reply #22 on: July 05, 2009, 01:29 PM »

Daisy, do you have any teeth left by any chance? Very Happy
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #23 on: July 05, 2009, 01:32 PM »

Daisy, do you have any teeth left by any chance? Very Happy

:lmao:I have all my own teeth .....
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #24 on: July 05, 2009, 02:17 PM »

Just had a sneaky taste - not too sweet - yay!! yay Lovely and crunchy on the outside, v moist on the inside. Could maybe benefit from another level in terms of flavour though - maybe some cinnamon/nutmeg next time?
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #25 on: July 05, 2009, 03:16 PM »

Just had a sneaky taste - not too sweet - yay!! yay Lovely and crunchy on the outside, v moist on the inside. Could maybe benefit from another level in terms of flavour though - maybe some cinnamon/nutmeg next time?

Sounds perfect ........ thumb up

If you would like to try a Banana and Chocolate Loaf/Cake this is a lovely recipe.

NOTE ……. Use only the very best chocolate.  I use Tesco Finest Plain Cooking Chocolate which is 85% Cocoa Solids – the higher the Cocoa Solids, the better the chocolate.

Make the Ganache (Icing) for the topping - lifts it right out the ordinary .......

CHOCOLATE BANANA LOAF

5 1/2 oz butter at room temperature
5 1/2 oz light muscovado sugar
5 1/2 oz plain chocolate
2 medium bananas (3-4oz each)
3 eggs beaten
7 oz plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder

ICING
3 1/2 oz plain chocolate, broken  into pieces
1 oz butter
1 3/4 oz icing sugar
1 tablespoon milk

Preheat oven to 150C/300F/Gas2.  Cook from cold at 130CFan.  Grease square 8 x 8-inch loose-bottomed tin or a 2 lb loaf tin and line with greaseproof paper. 
In a medium nonstick pan, gently heat the butter, sugar and chocolate till melted.  Stir well and remove from the heat.  Add the banana and eggs, sift in the flour and baking powder.  Mix to a smooth, thick batter.  Pour into tin.  Bake for 1 hour, till firm.  Remove, cool in the tin for 5 minutes, turn out and cool.
Make the icing by melting the chocolate with the butter in a nonstick pan.  Sift in the icing sugar, then stir in the milk and beat well.  Spread over the top of the cake.  Allow to set then cut into thick slices.

IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Re: Recipes « Reply #26 on: July 05, 2009, 03:29 PM »

Ooo that sounds good - I'll definitely try that next time! I am a BIG fan of Tesco's 85% choc - sooo good Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Recipes « Reply #27 on: July 05, 2009, 05:34 PM »

I wish I could bake.....  Frown  Can never be arsed - and if I did, I'd just eat it all and become a big porker.  Smile
IP Logged
TCK
Challenger Level

A Miserable Little Pile Of BULL ****!

Re: Recipes « Reply #28 on: July 06, 2009, 11:24 PM »

Pasta with Cheese and Spam

Ingredients:
Pasta
Cheese
Spam

Method:
1) Cook pasta
2) Insert cheese and spam
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Recipes « Reply #29 on: July 06, 2009, 11:31 PM »

Pasta with Cheese and Spam

Ingredients:
Pasta
Cheese
Spam

Method:
1) Cook pasta
2) Insert cheese and spam
no  Far too complicated..  lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 56 Go Up Reply