Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.7%)
No (atheist) - 30 (40%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 73503 times)
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4080 on: August 15, 2012, 09:10 PM »

This thread is 272 pages of the same people having the same argument. yawn

No one changes their minds and we all end up huffing and puffing.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4081 on: August 16, 2012, 05:51 PM »

Another hysterical gem from Colbert but this time he's so good towards the end. And he calls Hawkins The UK Atheist. lolol

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4082 on: August 26, 2012, 01:50 AM »

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4083 on: September 24, 2012, 02:28 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19699581

I love the smell of corruption in the afternoon.

If you can't pay the tax, I guess you can't be Catholic anymore. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4084 on: September 24, 2012, 03:50 PM »

A German bishops' decree which has just come into force says anyone failing to pay the tax - an extra 8% of their income tax bill - will no longer be considered a Catholic.

It's like a scene from an episode of South Park. Who put Eric Cartman in charge? But if they want to further hurt the reputation of Catholicism, I say let them go right ahead.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4085 on: September 26, 2012, 07:50 PM »

Religion and MMA:

http://www.h4-entertainment.com/2012/09/jon-jones-why-his-pious-claims-have-no-place-in-mma/
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4086 on: September 26, 2012, 08:00 PM »

goodman

Buttface.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4087 on: September 26, 2012, 08:09 PM »

goodman

Buttface.

Frown
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4088 on: October 05, 2012, 11:08 AM »

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4089 on: October 05, 2012, 11:18 AM »

Love that quote. clap
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4090 on: October 05, 2012, 01:24 PM »

A German bishops' decree which has just come into force says anyone failing to pay the tax - an extra 8% of their income tax bill - will no longer be considered a Catholic.

It's like a scene from an episode of South Park. Who put Eric Cartman in charge? But if they want to further hurt the reputation of Catholicism, I say let them go right ahead.
    A non-catholic friend of mine who is divorced has been told he must pay the church several hundred pounds if he wants to marry his catholic girifriend in church. I think this is appalling blackmail.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4091 on: October 10, 2012, 10:18 PM »

Religion exists because of a need to explain humanity and a need to improve it. Nobody really knows the truth but its important we keep asking.  confused
Religion exists not for a need to explain humanity, nor for humanity's improvement.  What improvement is there in feeling the need to blow up or put a bullet through the head of another human being just because he or she does not hold the same beliefs as you? A firmly held religion is a very dangerous thing.  It blinds those who follow it and makes them feel 'right' in their dealings with life.  Life is not clear cut, nor is any religion.  I'm not sure what else it takes to make anyone with an ounce of sense to realise this as a fact.  Most religions exist to keep people in line.  I would hope that most of us with some intelligence can do that for ourselves.
[ Last edit by Elly October 10, 2012, 10:24 PM ] IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4092 on: October 15, 2012, 04:11 PM »

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4093 on: October 20, 2012, 11:49 PM »

IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4094 on: October 29, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Religion exists not for a need to explain humanity, nor for humanity's improvement.  What improvement is there in feeling the need to blow up or put a bullet through the head of another human being just because he or she does not hold the same beliefs as you? A firmly held religion is a very dangerous thing.  It blinds those who follow it and makes them feel 'right' in their dealings with life.  Life is not clear cut, nor is any religion.  I'm not sure what else it takes to make anyone with an ounce of sense to realise this as a fact.  Most religions exist to keep people in line.  I would hope that most of us with some intelligence can do that for ourselves.
I cant remember posting that quote but actually I do think it is right. What you are talking about with the guns, wars, intolerance etc. is not religion itself but man's response to religion affected by many other factors such as tribalism, fear, poverty and ignorance. There is nothing in the Christian faith which should lead anybody to fire a bullet nor I suspect is there in the teachings of Islam. It is compassion that will lead the world out of the mess it is in. I don't care if that is felt by a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist or atheist but I do know that compassion forgiveness and tolerance are the paramount messages of the teachings of Jesus Christ. Some of the most vociferous secular commentators are also the most genuinely Christian- they just label it differently.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »