Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.7%)
No (atheist) - 30 (40%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 77133 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4365 on: November 22, 2012, 06:44 AM »

Oh that's simple girls.....It's the old, old story! The damn so called Christian hierarchy are discriminating against women! The Archbishop of Canterbury was beside himself! He knows it could be another 'nail in the coffin' of Christianity!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4366 on: November 22, 2012, 09:24 AM »

An embarrassing time for Christians here.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4367 on: November 22, 2012, 09:43 AM »

Yep!
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4368 on: November 22, 2012, 09:54 AM »

Oh that's simple girls.....It's the old, old story! The damn so called Christian hierarchy are discriminating against women! The Archbishop of Canterbury was beside himself! He knows it could be another 'nail in the coffin' of Christianity!
  Always been a puzzle to me - especially since the Catholic Church has elevated Virgin Mary to a status virtually equivalent to Jesus Christ. It has probably got more to do with the mythological and archetypal status of women rather than the practicalities of modern society.  Indefensible anyway nowadays.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4369 on: November 22, 2012, 12:43 PM »

Yes I agree I think the Church of England is far to complicated. You have those who are Episcopalian and those who term themselves  as Anglo Catholics. Then you have the Evangelical wing. As Aileen has said the Church of Scotland is governed by the General Assembly a Moderator is elected and he chairs the discussion on the topics that have to be discussed. A lot less complicated no need for Bishops and Arch Bishops.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4370 on: November 22, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Yes I agree I think the Church of England is far to complicated. You have those who are Episcopalian and those who term themselves  as Anglo Catholics. Then you have the Evangelical wing. As Aileen has said the Church of Scotland is governed by the General Assembly a Moderator is elected and he chairs the discussion on the topics that have to be discussed. A lot less complicated no need for Bishops and Arch Bishops.
And also God is regarded as being the Head of the C of S, so no arguments there about male or female or who's higher up the ladder - and on that subject, if the C of E wants to discriminate against women, how can they accept the Queen as its Head?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4371 on: November 22, 2012, 05:51 PM »

And also God is regarded as being the Head of the C of S, so no arguments there about male or female or who's higher up the ladder - and on that subject, if the C of E wants to discriminate against women, how can they accept the Queen as its Head?
Eh....excuse me.......Did you not know that when God made man, she was only joking?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4372 on: November 22, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Eh....excuse me.......Did you not know that when God made man, she was only joking?
  Her 'prentice hand she tried on man, and then she made the lassies. Poor white trash was her verdict I believe!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4373 on: November 23, 2012, 01:00 PM »

Wow!..the stuff that comes up when you innocently google 'Andy Murray':
Even Richard Dawkins features in this.. shocking
http://www.cvm.org.uk/blog/
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4374 on: November 23, 2012, 01:28 PM »

Her 'prentice hand she tried on man, and then she made the lassies. Poor white trash was her verdict I believe!
Fiverings, I 'get' the first part, but not the last!  confused
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4375 on: November 23, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Hold on a mo Caz,they have been trying to bury us for over2000 years hasn't happened yet.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4376 on: November 23, 2012, 08:38 PM »

Fiverings, I 'get' the first part, but not the last!  confused
Sorry I assumed everyone knew the old joke that not only was god a woman, she was a black woman.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4377 on: November 24, 2012, 03:00 AM »

Wow!..the stuff that comes up when you innocently google 'Andy Murray':
Even Richard Dawkins features in this.. shocking
http://www.cvm.org.uk/blog/
Amazing!  It sounds to me that the author Jonathan Sherwin is a tennis fan and probably an Andy one as well, otherwise why would he have bothered to read the reports? Also he refers to 'Andy' and 'Roger' which suggests a degree of familiarity.  The only connection I can find though is that Sherwin is a Scot.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4378 on: November 26, 2012, 01:23 AM »

I think when she came to the throne she was not allowed to be called Head of the C of E and some other title was bestowed - High Commissioner of the Faith or some such.  Politicians are saying that the government should legislate to allow women to become bishops but ignore the outrageous misogyny of other faiths in UK. If the Cof E wants to debate endlessly about this then let them - its not doing any harm to society and they seem to enjoy it as far as I can tell from watching both sides tear into each other earlier today on TV.  I think Jesus would have been pretty relaxed about women bishops but not too keen on forced marriages, exorcism and genital mutilation all of which are tolerated in UK today in the name of religion. 
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4379 on: November 27, 2012, 05:32 PM »

Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »