Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.1%)
No (atheist) - 31 (40.8%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 79217 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4410 on: January 05, 2013, 07:07 PM »

Ha......yes.....and who tells us that?
Bingo.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4411 on: January 05, 2013, 07:11 PM »

If anyone said these things, it was man......not God! As for 'Give peace a chance'.........that was The Beatles!  Whistle
  I'm not at all religious, but I agree - these kinds of word games are a bit of a pain. All sorts of crap has been written about everything under the sun over the millennia. Look at all the scientific predictions that have crashed and burned. I have a small collection of such gems. One of my favourites is the madness of suggesting steam navigation across the wild and stormy Atlantic.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4412 on: January 05, 2013, 09:57 PM »

And what about the Mayan 21/12/2012 prophecy?  Strange how that's gone quiet now.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4413 on: January 06, 2013, 01:34 AM »

I'd have been really peed off if that had have happened!  Spent all my hard earned cash on tickets for Oz and not being able to watch it lol 

We are now in the age of Aquarius and I'm not quite sure what all that entails - I should ask my white witch friend, she'd know. Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4414 on: January 06, 2013, 04:33 AM »

We are now in the age of Aquarius
Groovy, baby.  Weedman

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4415 on: January 06, 2013, 06:52 AM »

And what about the Mayan 21/12/2012 prophecy?  Strange how that's gone quiet now.
What prophecy would that be Aileen?  Whistle
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4416 on: January 06, 2013, 08:39 AM »

@ Mark
R the most wacky of these old Testament guys written yoinks ago? Does anyone, except the nutters, actually believe that stuff?
[ Last edit by blueberryhill January 06, 2013, 04:34 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4417 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27 PM »

Love reading over this thread, but really can't be bothered defending myself if I contribute so will keep quiet- but I do enjoy following the thread Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4418 on: January 06, 2013, 04:06 PM »

@ Mark
R the most wacky of these old Testament guys? Written yoinks ago. Does anyone, except the nutters, actually believe that stuff?
What's R?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4419 on: January 06, 2013, 04:35 PM »

R =Are
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4420 on: January 07, 2013, 01:00 AM »

Love reading over this thread, but really can't be bothered defending myself if I contribute so will keep quiet- but I do enjoy following the thread Smile
I'm grateful for small mercies ...
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4421 on: January 07, 2013, 11:13 PM »

I'm grateful for small mercies ...

Aileen I've not been on this site more than a handful of times in the past few months so I really don't get what your problem is...oh wait, I do. You're a bitter and twisted old woman who likes to be a ***** over the smallest of things.

Yes I know saying that makes me a terrible person who is not living up to the great standard of the GOD I like to pretend exists. It probably also makes me ageist, belief-ist and a ton of other -ists that no one really gives a damn about but I don't care.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4422 on: January 08, 2013, 12:12 AM »

Aileen I've not been on this site more than a handful of times in the past few months so I really don't get what your problem is...oh wait, I do. You're a bitter and twisted old woman who likes to be a ***** over the smallest of things.

Yes I know saying that makes me a terrible person who is not living up to the great standard of the GOD I like to pretend exists. It probably also makes me ageist, belief-ist and a ton of other -ists that no one really gives a damn about but I don't care.
No Hazel - I'm not a bitter and twisted old *****.  I'm a very intelligent human being who likes to have reasonable arguments with other people who will respect my opinions as I will theirs.  Think about it.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4423 on: January 08, 2013, 01:23 AM »

No Hazel - I'm not a bitter and twisted old *****.  I'm a very intelligent human being who likes to have reasonable arguments with other people who will respect my opinions as I will theirs.  Think about it.

Yes because laying into me the second I reappear just reeks of intelligence and respect for others beliefs Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4424 on: January 08, 2013, 01:54 AM »

Yes because laying into me the second I reappear just reeks of intelligence and respect for others beliefs Rolling Eyes
It wasn't your reappearance that provoked my response, but what you said in your post, i.e.
"but really can't be bothered defending myself if I contribute", the inference being that you consider yourself to be so important that everyone would be attacking what you said.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 294 [295] 296 297 298 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »