Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.1%)
No (atheist) - 31 (40.8%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 79218 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4440 on: January 09, 2013, 09:35 PM »

Aye, mums know best !
I do sometimes think there is a general difficulty with text-based communication. Problem is there's no way to convey the nuances of tone that would be present in facial expression and  body language. Everything becomes so 'black & white'. I find it best to follow any contentious comment with one of those wee smiley face guys, or 'lol'.  lol ! w00t
I totally agree with that! Smile  Sometimes though even they don't work, either that or you can't find an appropriate one, particularly when discussing religion or politics.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4441 on: January 09, 2013, 10:24 PM »

My mother used to warn me against doing that.  Maybe I should have taken her advice.

Aye, mums know best !
I do sometimes think there is a general difficulty with text-based communication. Problem is there's no way to convey the nuances of tone that would be present in facial expression and  body language. Everything becomes so 'black & white'. I find it best to follow any contentious comment with one of those wee smiley face guys, or 'lol'.  lol ! w00t
  All very sound - there's also the problem where people ( and i include myself in this) often feel moved to comment without fully understanding the build-up to a situation, something which I would hardly ever do in everyday life, but which is more likely on-line, and not always just due to the anonymity aspect.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4442 on: January 09, 2013, 11:01 PM »

All very sound - there's also the problem where people ( and i include myself in this) often feel moved to comment without fully understanding the build-up to a situation, something which I would hardly ever do in everyday life, but which is more likely on-line, and not always just due to the anonymity aspect.
I made that mistake when I first joined MW, Fiverings, because I'd never been on a forum before, but quite quickly learnt that sticking my nose into situations about which I didn't know the full facts definitely wasn't welcome!
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4443 on: January 09, 2013, 11:42 PM »

I made that mistake when I first joined MW, Fiverings, because I'd never been on a forum before, but quite quickly learnt that sticking my nose into situations about which I didn't know the full facts definitely wasn't welcome!

Mark stuck his nose in.     I would have thought he would have known the build-up and, if not,  what chance is there for anyone else to know ALL the facts about any situation.    Or is it  better not to comment on anything in case you step on some toes.  
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4444 on: January 09, 2013, 11:45 PM »

Mark stuck his nose in.     I would have thought he would have known the build-up and, if not,  what chance is there for anyone else to know ALL the facts about any situation.    Or is it  better not to comment on anything in case you step on some toes.   

Yes Mark is the all-knowing lol
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4445 on: January 09, 2013, 11:57 PM »

nah
Yes Mark is the all-knowing lol

You mean godlike?    Maybe best not go there!!!

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4446 on: January 10, 2013, 12:05 AM »

nah
You mean godlike?    Maybe best not go there!!!

If we're talking physiologically then buddha-like maybe lol (Mark you are really an Adonis among men  Heart )
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4447 on: January 10, 2013, 12:07 AM »

Mark stuck his nose in.     I would have thought he would have known the build-up and, if not,  what chance is there for anyone else to know ALL the facts about any situation.    Or is it  better not to comment on anything in case you step on some toes.  
It's because Mark does know the build-up here that he stepped in - probably by invitation.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4448 on: January 10, 2013, 12:08 AM »

If we're talking physiologically then buddha-like maybe lol (Mark you are really an Adonis among men  Heart )

It's because Mark does know the build-up here that he stepped in - probably by invitation.
I did know the build-up and I was not invited.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4449 on: January 10, 2013, 12:13 AM »

Like I'd ever ask Mark to fight my battles for me Rolling Eyes

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4450 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14 AM »

Oh and love the sloth?? tender
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4451 on: January 10, 2013, 12:20 AM »

I didn't want to get involved but just couldn't believe the initial comment was the reason for the hostilities. The exchange that followed I do not want to comment on as that's just both of you not getting along as usual.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4452 on: January 10, 2013, 12:21 AM »

I was not invited.
I didn't want to get involved but just couldn't believe the initial comment was the reason for the hostilities. The exchange that followed I do not want to comment on as that's just both of you not getting along as usual.
OK - my apologies, then.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4453 on: January 10, 2013, 12:36 AM »

I did know the build-up and I was not invited.
I'm not getting involved in the Hoo-Haa..you are all great.

Just wanted to say I have missed your gifs, Markie.

It's been so tedious in MW. No fun anymore. yawn

Sorry, maybe wrong thread to bring that up. But still..strike while the iron is hot and all that.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4454 on: January 10, 2013, 12:49 AM »

It's been so tedious in MW. No fun anymore. yawn
Hmm - maybe, but I don't think it's been that bad.  We can't be a laugh-a-minute all the time. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 296 [297] 298 299 300 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »