Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.7%)
No (atheist) - 30 (40%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 74093 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4455 on: January 10, 2013, 08:06 PM »

I like the way everyone rushes to Hazel's aid. Rolling Eyes  Meanwhile I'm supposed to sit and calmly take her insulting personal, and ageist, response: "I really don't get what your problem is...oh wait, I do. You're a bitter and twisted old woman who likes to be a **** over the smallest of things?  Thankfully there are many people on this forum who know that this accusation is completely untrue.  I admit I can be a bit sharp at times, but usually only if I'm riled - and I don't think I'm alone here.

I was on your side 100% although I do agree that HB's first comment was quite innocent and yours, I thought was pretty subtle even with the history behind. The subsequent comment from HB was not only very direct but also very personal and probably far from the truth. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4456 on: January 10, 2013, 09:59 PM »

I was on your side 100% although I do agree that HB's first comment was quite innocent and yours, I thought was pretty subtle even with the history behind. The subsequent comment from HB was not only very direct but also very personal and probably far from the truth.  
Thank you for your support, EJ.  I very much appreciate your comments because that remark was not only highly personal and vindictive but was indeed about as far from the truth as it's possible to get, although I'm no saint and have my faults like everyone else.  Unfortunately it seems that on MW there's one law for some and another for others.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4457 on: January 10, 2013, 10:06 PM »

It's the same law for everyone. This forum is known to be fairly lenient on rule breaking regardless of who's doing it. The main purpose of the rules are as a disclaimer to get rid of troublemakers.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4458 on: January 10, 2013, 10:25 PM »

Thank you for your support, EJ.  I very much appreciate your comments because that remark was not only highly personal and vindictive but was indeed about as far from the truth as it's possible to get, although I'm no saint and have my faults like everyone else.  Unfortunately it seems that on MW there's one law for some and another for others.

Mark would no more exempt me from the 'rules' than you. However, I will point out that you're the one that attacked me first and yes I was personal but with regards to your attitude towards me it seemed to fit the bill.

Rolling Eyes And of course you're completely neutral in all this. I don't know why you seem have an issue with me but you obviously do.

Any chance of us just putting this under the heading of 'Hazel and Aileen can't stand each other' and move on?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4459 on: January 10, 2013, 10:27 PM »

It's the same law for everyone. This forum is known to be fairly lenient on rule breaking regardless of who's doing it. The main purpose of the rules are as a disclaimer to get rid of troublemakers.
  Can the main protagonists please be barred from posting on this topic for a week to kill this spat off?  ( Only half joking by the way!)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4460 on: January 10, 2013, 10:52 PM »

I'd be interested to know what you mean by "troublemakers".  I can accept that where trolls are concerned but not where it involves members whose persistent often insulting and offensive behaviour towards other members has left a lot to be desired, although that seems to have existed mainly in the past - and I am excluding here the "Off-topics discussion" thread.

Mark would no more exempt me from the 'rules' than you. However, I will point out that you're the one that attacked me first and yes I was personal but with regards to your attitude towards me it seemed to fit the bill.
I could be wrong, but as far as I'm aware I've only ever commented on your religious beliefs, not on what I perceive you to be like as a person, simply because I don't know you other than on this forum.

Any chance of us just putting this under the heading of 'Hazel and Aileen can't stand each other' and move on?
Willingly, but I reserve the same right as you have to post on this thread if and when I feel moved to do so, although like you I often read the posts on here but don't respond for a variety of reasons.

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4461 on: January 10, 2013, 10:54 PM »

Willingly, but I reserve the same right as you have to post on this thread if and when I feel moved to do so, although like you I often read the posts on here but don't respond for a variety of reasons.

Have I ever said that you haven't the right?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4462 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Have I ever said that you haven't the right?
No - but that wasn't what I was inferring.

[ Last edit by Aileen January 10, 2013, 11:01 PM ] IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4463 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58 PM »

Hallo-oh! Can anybody HEAR me?
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4464 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58 PM »

I was just reading this on a site read and found this interesting

http://wwrn.org/articles/38857/?place=malaysia

Basic news story is that a Malaysian Sultan has issued a fatwa prohibiting non-Muslims from using the word "Allah" in Arabic.

The Sultan of the Malaysian state of Selangor, Sharafuddin Idris Shah, issued the prohibition on Tuesday, according to the Lebanon Debate newspaper.

Malaysian media have reported that the prohibition has been put in place by the Islamic leader because it is a "sacred word," and should be reserved exclusively for Muslims.

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4465 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59 PM »

No - but that wasn't what I was inferring.

Then I'm confused and whatever you were inferring is lost on me Smile
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4466 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59 PM »

Hello???? Yep can hear you Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4467 on: January 10, 2013, 11:03 PM »

I can too Fiverings.

Now I put it to Hazel that can we both please call it a day, because it's all become a little unedifying as well as boring, and in future try to pass each other by in silence?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4468 on: January 10, 2013, 11:05 PM »

I can too Fiverings.

Now I put it to Hazel that can we both please call it a day, because it's all become a little unedifying as well as boring, and in future try to pass each other by in silence?
  Thanks gals, you've got too much sensible stuff that we want to hear, not all this mud-slinging.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4469 on: January 10, 2013, 11:11 PM »

I can too Fiverings.

I thought I'd already said that? And please note I actually tried to bring the thread back to topic and you continued to comment!
Now I'm going to bed!

Night Fiverings wave
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »