Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.7%)
No (atheist) - 30 (40%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.3%)
Total Voters: 74

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 75221 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4545 on: February 28, 2013, 05:18 PM »

I don't think robbie has gone that far yet to know what enlightenment is let alone stage it. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4546 on: February 28, 2013, 10:09 PM »

I don't think robbie has gone that far yet to know what enlightenment is let alone stage it. lol
I was only joking EJ.   But then maybe he is fully enlightened although nobody's bothered to tell him. ... Whistle
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4547 on: March 01, 2013, 05:17 AM »

Confuscious say 'Believe In The Word Of The Robbster'
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4548 on: March 01, 2013, 09:24 AM »

Confuscious say 'Believe In The Word Of The Robbster'
  Everyone has beauty, but not everyone sees it!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4549 on: March 01, 2013, 05:11 PM »

I was only joking EJ.   But then maybe he is fully enlightened although nobody's bothered to tell him. ... Whistle

robbie is very soft deep inside so who knows really.  Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4550 on: March 01, 2013, 05:32 PM »

I am reading a book called the 12th planet and it is quite interesting. It assumes that aliens came to earth and settled in the area of Babylon  the book is written by Zecharia Sitchin. It claims that aliens came to earth looking for gold and other minerals. They created man by putting their DNA into early hominids and produced man they used them as slave labour. To cut a long story it says that most of the human race were killed by the great flood after years of famine due to the aliens not providing them with food. Apparently archaeologists  have been digging in that area an the first layers are all mud then below that they found buildings from that era when the culture of that area was great. It also says that if you read Genesis  in the bible much of it is the same as what was found by archaeologists. So is the bible a copy of those ancient scripts ?It even refers to Noah's Ark and describes the Ark. Is there a God I do not really know or was God an alien. It talks about Gods in the book there is great detail about rockets, landing sites and how those aliens dressed. I suppose we could claim it to be untrue but it is quite convincing. It also questions Darwins Natural Selection stating that man would require a lot more time to develop than Darwin states.

The 12th planet called Nibiru? I am somewhat familiar with Zecharia Sitchin's work and I know he has quite a few avid followers. He's known as a brilliant researcher. However, while I believe in the Atlantis and the subsequent disaster, Sitchin's work comes off more like fiction. It has too many holes to prove any of it. Not that Bible is any accurate either. The problem with any of these theories is the lack of understanding in the concept of God. We are still very primitive compared to other highly evolved beings in other planets, galaxies etc.

Anyway, some say that the flood did not kill all of them. A few survived and Columbus was one of them who later discovered America, which was then known as the new Atlantis. But not too out there buy that theory either but who knows really.

I am quite convinced that we've had help from highly evolved beings in the past and even now (technology, for example, has taken a quantum leap in just past 100 years) and probably in the future as well. It says that this planet won’t last another 3 or 4 hundred years as the moon is not stable making earth a bit wobbly. The core of the planet is cooling off fast and the solar system is acting up etc. By then, it is said though that we’d advance so much that we are more than likely to migrate to another solar system anyway but perhaps not in spaceships.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4551 on: March 02, 2013, 09:41 AM »

robbie is very soft deep inside so who knows really.  Whistle
  I hope you're not suggesting he's full of ****, EJ!  Whistle
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4552 on: March 02, 2013, 01:09 PM »

Emma Jean:- The way I look at it is in the whole universe are we the only humans. I do think that would be very arrogant of us. I just read the book because it looked interesting and I think was well written. Perhaps we were visited by extra terrestrials who knows. I have an open mind on the subject they might be very different from us but who knows.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4553 on: March 02, 2013, 01:12 PM »

Emma Jean:- The way I look at it is in the whole universe are we the only humans. I do think that would be very arrogant of us. I just read the book because it looked interesting and I think was well written. Perhaps we were visited by extra terrestrials who knows. I have an open mind on the subject they might be very different from us but who knows.
I'm liking the open mind.  Nothing is cut and dried and put in little boxes. 
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4554 on: March 02, 2013, 01:19 PM »

In a religion you are actually absolving yourself of any responsibility for your life.  I can't/won't do this or that because of the alleged consequences.  How about we all just take a wee bit of responsibility and know at our core what is right and wrong?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4555 on: March 02, 2013, 05:09 PM »

But isn't that what I am suggesting as well?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4556 on: March 02, 2013, 05:10 PM »

In a religion you are actually absolving yourself of any responsibility for your life.  I can't/won't do this or that because of the alleged consequences.  How about we all just take a wee bit of responsibility and know at our core what is right and wrong?

Given one's model of the Universe, there's really no right or wrong - mostly because we don't know what's beyond us and our actions in this life time or any life time.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4557 on: March 02, 2013, 05:11 PM »

I hope you're not suggesting he's full of sh*t, EJ!  Whistle

I am suggesting what I am suggesting. You are suggesting what you are suggesting. :p
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4558 on: March 02, 2013, 05:21 PM »

Given one's model of the Universe, there's really no right or wrong - mostly because we don't know what's beyond us and our actions in this life time or any life time.
I think we are all responsible for our actions, Norma Jean.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4559 on: March 02, 2013, 05:25 PM »

I am suggesting what I am suggesting. You are suggesting what you are suggesting. :p
  I wasn't suggesting, I was hoping!  pray
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »