Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.1%)
No (atheist) - 31 (40.8%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 82640 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4650 on: March 04, 2013, 09:09 PM »

Just go..... w00t
That's not very nice, Robbie... Frown
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4651 on: March 04, 2013, 09:16 PM »

That's not very nice, Robbie... Frown
Ok Elly, I love you....can we leave this thread now. hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4652 on: March 04, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Ok Elly, I love you....can we leave this thread now. hug
OK - I guess I'll try to move along!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4653 on: March 04, 2013, 09:26 PM »

Early signs of love...
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4654 on: March 04, 2013, 09:34 PM »

Yep your right....over to haze.

I'm not getting involved Wink

She'll be so mad at us.  I actually do feel quite ashamed...  However, I'll get over it...

I'm sure you will, and why on earth would I be mad? Smile
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4655 on: March 04, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Early signs of love...
  I don't know - turn your back for ten minutes and the whole place goes to pigs and whistles!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4656 on: March 04, 2013, 09:37 PM »

I'm not getting involved Wink

I'm sure you will, and why on earth would I be mad? Smile
Just 'cos we're disrespecting the thread - and that's not a very nice thing to do.  We may not all agree, but the thread is the thread.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4657 on: March 04, 2013, 09:39 PM »

Just 'cos we're disrespecting the thread - and that's not a very nice thing to do.

Shrug Not my thread and enjoy reading the back and forth- more likely Mark will get grump at the off-topicness lol and he's posted more about religion and tried to provoke more discussion than me in recent months
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4658 on: March 04, 2013, 09:42 PM »

Shrug Not my thread and enjoy reading the back and forth- more likely Mark will get grump at the off-topicness lol and he's posted more about religion and tried to provoke more discussion than me in recent months
I'm glad you're not offended.  Religion will always provoke much discussion - for better and for worse.  It's tiring, really.  I just wish we could all strive to be better human beings. 
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4659 on: March 04, 2013, 09:48 PM »

I'm glad you're not offended.  Religion will always provoke much discussion - for better and for worse.  It's tiring, really.  I just wish we could all strive to be better human beings. 

I can't force you to believe, and I don't expect those who don't believe to live life the way I do as I try to follow God. If you don't believe then why would you Smile All I can do is try and live life as God wants me to and hope that through me the love of God shines out to the people I come in contact with. That is the mission and task of the Christian- to love others as God loves me and to show/tell that love to others.

However in saying that at the moment it's taking all my energy to get out of bed each day and I can say in all seriousness that if it wasn't for my faith in God and my belief that he has the power over life and death then I wouldn't still be here. My faith in Christ and the power of his salvation offering me everlasting life has literally been the thing that has stopped me from taking my life into my own hands.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4660 on: March 04, 2013, 09:49 PM »

Personally I don't believe in god, though I have a strong belief towards fate and destiny.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4661 on: March 04, 2013, 09:52 PM »

I can't force you to believe, and I don't expect those who don't believe to live life the way I do as I try to follow God. If you don't believe then why would you Smile All I can do is try and live life as God wants me to and hope that through me the love of God shines out to the people I come in contact with. That is the mission and task of the Christian- to love others as God loves me and to show/tell that love to others.

However in saying that at the moment it's taking all my energy to get out of bed each day and I can say in all seriousness that if it wasn't for my faith in God and my belief that he has the power over life and death then I wouldn't still be here. My faith in Christ and the power of his salvation offering me everlasting life has literally been the thing that has stopped me from taking my life into my own hands.
No - you can't force me to believe, but if your belief brings you comfort, then who am I to argue.  The important thing is that you are invested in your faith.  That's grand.  I have no desire to take that from you.  Not in the business of denying anyone their faith - unless they are hurting others.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4662 on: March 04, 2013, 10:00 PM »

No - you can't force me to believe, but if your belief brings you comfort, then who am I to argue.  The important thing is that you are invested in your faith.  That's grand.  I have no desire to take that from you.  Not in the business of denying anyone their faith - unless they are hurting others.

I don't know about invested as much as clinging on desperately at the moment lol At the end of this month it will be 3 years since my back problem started up...and I'm now in more pain, with more worry and fear and less independence than I've had since I was a small child.

there are times when I wished I could just not believe, or ignore and walk away from God. But He is there. He is real and I know that I would regret a life lived without God. But at the same time I just can't understand at the moment and I now get more about the agony of Job and various Psalmists when they went through trials and hard times.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4663 on: March 04, 2013, 10:04 PM »

I don't know about invested as much as clinging on desperately at the moment lol At the end of this month it will be 3 years since my back problem started up...and I'm now in more pain, with more worry and fear and less independence than I've had since I was a small child.

there are times when I wished I could just not believe, or ignore and walk away from God. But He is there. He is real and I know that I would regret a life lived without God. But at the same time I just can't understand at the moment and I now get more about the agony of Job and various Psalmists when they went through trials and hard times.
You'll work it out.  I could say loads, but it's not my place to challenge what you believe in. 
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4664 on: March 04, 2013, 10:09 PM »

You'll work it out.  I could say loads, but it's not my place to challenge what you believe in. 

My life wouldn't be any better without God in it Shrug it might be crap now but it would be worse without God. Just feeling really fragile right now as I had a meltdown at the end of church last night Rolling Eyes Everything just got on top of me and I fell apart- waterworks and hysterical sobs the whole lot, my poor friends! lol It was good to get it out but can feel the panic and anxiety just sitting on me Shrug

However, don't suppose this is strictly 'religious discussions' chat either Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 310 [311] 312 313 314 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »