Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.1%)
No (atheist) - 31 (40.8%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 82212 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4665 on: March 04, 2013, 10:16 PM »

My life wouldn't be any better without God in it Shrug it might be crap now but it would be worse without God. Just feeling really fragile right now as I had a meltdown at the end of church last night Rolling Eyes Everything just got on top of me and I fell apart- waterworks and hysterical sobs the whole lot, my poor friends! lol It was good to get it out but can feel the panic and anxiety just sitting on me Shrug

However, don't suppose this is strictly 'religious discussions' chat either Smile
You are bound to be depressed about your situation - anyone would be. You're a young woman living with a horrendous disability.  Would you not consider some 'alternative' therapies'?  But I realise they may not fit with your beliefs.  That seems a shame.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4666 on: March 04, 2013, 10:21 PM »

You are bound to be depressed about your situation - anyone would be. You're a young woman living with a horrendous disability.  Would you not consider some 'alternative' therapies'?  But I realise they may not fit with your beliefs.  That seems a shame.

hug Not got any problems with some alternative therapies. There's some with direct links to other religions and that even subtly promote or include their beliefs that I would feel uncomfortable with but there's others I've tried.
I've also tried non medicated aids like TENS machines, heat packs, ice packs, massage, meditation and relaxation cds. Some help a bit, others make it worse. Going to investigate trying acupuncture again and looking into anything else that could explain the pain and the way it's spreading
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4667 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24 PM »

hug Not got any problems with some alternative therapies. There's some with direct links to other religions and that even subtly promote or include their beliefs that I would feel uncomfortable with but there's others I've tried.
I've also tried non medicated aids like TENS machines, heat packs, ice packs, massage, meditation and relaxation cds. Some help a bit, others make it worse. Going to investigate trying acupuncture again and looking into anything else that could explain the pain and the way it's spreading

Although not the same I am practically an incurable insomniac and a little guilty pleasure of mine is to listen to a practice called ASMR. Have you heard of that?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4668 on: March 04, 2013, 10:24 PM »

Good!  I'm glad you're looking at all possibilities.  I don't like to hear of people in pain, and if we can cheer you up - I promise to be on my best behaviour!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4669 on: March 04, 2013, 10:33 PM »

Although not the same I am practically an incurable insomniac and a little guilty pleasure of mine is to listen to a practice called ASMR. Have you heard of that?

Had heard of it but don't really know much about it- something about tingling if I remember the right thing?

Good!  I'm glad you're looking at all possibilities.  I don't like to hear of people in pain, and if we can cheer you up - I promise to be on my best behaviour!  Very Happy

Thanks hug I need the cheering up- so don't be on you're best behaviour, so much better when you're bad Wink
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4670 on: March 04, 2013, 10:33 PM »

No - but go ahead - I'm never sure if you're joking...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4671 on: March 04, 2013, 10:38 PM »

Had heard of it but don't really know much about it- something about tingling if I remember the right thing?

Thanks hug I need the cheering up- so don't be on you're best behaviour, so much better when you're bad Wink
Aww, Hazel - I so hope you get better soon.  x
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4672 on: March 04, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Aww, Hazel - I so hope you get better soon.  x

anyway I'm taking my grumpy self off to bed wave Thanks for the chat Elly hug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4673 on: March 04, 2013, 10:45 PM »

anyway I'm taking my grumpy self off to bed wave Thanks for the chat Elly hug
Hope you get a good sleep - Nighty night. x
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4674 on: March 04, 2013, 11:29 PM »

I've never come across that before.  But having googled it, it sounds quite interesting and seems a harmless thing to do, so if it helps those sleepless hours why feel guilty about it?

For anyone else who doesn't know about ASMR - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonomous_sensory_meridian_response
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4675 on: March 09, 2013, 11:51 AM »

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4676 on: March 09, 2013, 12:33 PM »

A case of 'Don't do as I do........do as I say!' if ever I saw one!  Whistle
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4677 on: March 09, 2013, 01:26 PM »

I think ALL religions are right, well all the good ones anyway like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism. Think about it: So many millions of people follow these religions and they are all so sure that they are right, like they just know that they are right, so they must all be true. So many people devout their whole lives to these religions, many even die for them how could they possibly not be right when they are willing to die for it, they must be so sure it is the truth that how can you possibly doubt it.

So yeah why can't they all be true? There's not necessarily a paradoxical conflict because they all believe different things including that only their religion is the truth and no other, I think what happens is when somebody dies reality itself splits and then only the religion that they followed becomes the reality.

So for example when a Christians dies in their reality they and everybody good then gets to go to a Christian Heaven and everybody that is bad in the view of Christianity goes to Christian Hell, but when an Islamic person dies reality splits differently towards that religion so they end up in Jannah along with the other Islamic people and everybody else who wasn't Islamic winds up in Jahannam. This way everybody is right in their own reality.

Anyways since I believe all the religions are correct and I follow them all I will get to go to all the heavens in every reality and none of the hells. Smile
[ Last edit by laundry March 09, 2013, 01:30 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4678 on: March 09, 2013, 02:01 PM »

Who cares what anyone believes anyway, providing a) they don't want to inflict their views on anyone else and b) those views don't harm anyone else.
Quakers for example seem gentle and want to do good in very practical ways.

Haze, have u tried Pilates?

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4679 on: March 09, 2013, 02:15 PM »

You should care what they believe, if they are correct then you can wind up going to their hell for not believing and following them! And that Islamic Jahannam hell sounds pretty bad.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 311 [312] 313 314 315 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »