Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Religious Discussions 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Do you believe in God?
Yes, there is a God - 35 (46.1%)
No (atheist) - 31 (40.8%)
Unsure (agnostic) - 10 (13.2%)
Total Voters: 75

Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 338 Go Down Reply
Author

Religious Discussions

(Read 83883 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4680 on: March 09, 2013, 03:10 PM »

I think ALL religions are right, well all the good ones anyway like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism. Think about it: So many millions of people follow these religions and they are all so sure that they are right, like they just know that they are right, so they must all be true. So many people devout their whole lives to these religions, many even die for them how could they possibly not be right when they are willing to die for it, they must be so sure it is the truth that how can you possibly doubt it.

So yeah why can't they all be true? There's not necessarily a paradoxical conflict because they all believe different things including that only their religion is the truth and no other, I think what happens is when somebody dies reality itself splits and then only the religion that they followed becomes the reality.

So for example when a Christians dies in their reality they and everybody good then gets to go to a Christian Heaven and everybody that is bad in the view of Christianity goes to Christian Hell, but when an Islamic person dies reality splits differently towards that religion so they end up in Jannah along with the other Islamic people and everybody else who wasn't Islamic winds up in Jahannam. This way everybody is right in their own reality.

Anyways since I believe all the religions are correct and I follow them all I will get to go to all the heavens in every reality and none of the hells. Smile
   All religions boil down to one universal truth, expressed in different ways.  Us and them. Good and bad. Control and chaos. Spirit and matter.    Its basically a development of the whole me/notme thing that drives human consciousness.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4681 on: March 09, 2013, 07:23 PM »

You should care what they believe, if they are correct then you can wind up going to their hell for not believing and following them! And that Islamic Jahannam hell sounds pretty bad.

I do hope you are joking, because if you aren't..... Rolling Eyes
BTW one of the reasons I don't believe is precisely the reason you give. If you must believe in a god please choose a reasonable, caring being not some vengeful monster.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4682 on: March 09, 2013, 07:37 PM »

I do hope you are joking, because if you aren't..... Rolling Eyes
Joking? You're gonna use that Poe's Law on me are you?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4683 on: March 09, 2013, 08:43 PM »

All religions boil down to one universal truth, expressed in different ways.  Us and them. Good and bad. Control and chaos. Spirit and matter.    Its basically a development of the whole me/notme thing that drives human consciousness.
thumb up
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4684 on: March 09, 2013, 08:47 PM »

Who cares what anyone believes anyway, providing a) they don't want to inflict their views on anyone else and b) those views don't harm anyone else.
Quakers for example seem gentle and want to do good in very practical ways.

Haze, have u tried Pilates?

I have3 done pilates some time ago, trying to find a local group that I can get into but the better ones are all full
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4685 on: March 09, 2013, 08:55 PM »

I have3 done pilates some time ago, trying to find a local group that I can get into but the better ones are all full

I go to classes and I think it's so good. Hope you find one soon, am sure it would help.  Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4686 on: March 14, 2013, 11:18 PM »

Pope talk is all in the news thread.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4687 on: March 14, 2013, 11:22 PM »

Pope talk is all in the news thread.
OK.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4688 on: March 18, 2013, 09:49 AM »

IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4689 on: March 18, 2013, 10:34 AM »

A mistake is always forgivable, rarely excusable and always unacceptable.
Robert Fripp
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4690 on: March 18, 2013, 02:21 PM »

Pascal's wager....

IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4691 on: March 18, 2013, 03:00 PM »

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4692 on: March 19, 2013, 03:25 PM »

I think ALL religions are right, well all the good ones anyway like Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Sikhism. Think about it: So many millions of people follow these religions and they are all so sure that they are right, like they just know that they are right, so they must all be true. So many people devout their whole lives to these religions, many even die for them how could they possibly not be right when they are willing to die for it, they must be so sure it is the truth that how can you possibly doubt it.

So yeah why can't they all be true? There's not necessarily a paradoxical conflict because they all believe different things including that only their religion is the truth and no other, I think what happens is when somebody dies reality itself splits and then only the religion that they followed becomes the reality.

So for example when a Christians dies in their reality they and everybody good then gets to go to a Christian Heaven and everybody that is bad in the view of Christianity goes to Christian Hell, but when an Islamic person dies reality splits differently towards that religion so they end up in Jannah along with the other Islamic people and everybody else who wasn't Islamic winds up in Jahannam. This way everybody is right in their own reality.

Anyways since I believe all the religions are correct and I follow them all I will get to go to all the heavens in every reality and none of the hells. Smile
Religons can never be true, because they are ruled by rules laid down by others.  Until human beings find those 'rules' for themselves - and those rules lead to a bigger truth - the desire to have 'my' religion over 'yours' dictates.  That is the way of most unenlightened human beings.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4693 on: March 19, 2013, 03:36 PM »

You are so right Elly!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Religious Discussions « Reply #4694 on: March 19, 2013, 03:40 PM »

I see the new Pope is being inaugurated today.  What challenges does he have to contend with?  How much wealth does the Vatican City have?  I'll just decree things about a life I know nothing about from on high, and some eejits below may follow.  How much respect can a person have for someone like that?  Away and get yourself amongst those who have nothing, and have done nothing wrong to have nothing. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 312 [313] 314 315 316 ... 338 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »