Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Should drug use be made legal? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Reply
Author

Should drug use be made legal?

(Read 1328 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #105 on: August 18, 2010, 10:19 PM »

But you can't compare "drug risks" to "alcohol risks". It's not that black and white. As Neil pointed out, marijuana is not as addictive as heroin.

My original point was that marijuana should be legalised, I said that it wasn't a pressing manner though.

It will never be a pressing matter, to be fair.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #106 on: August 18, 2010, 10:21 PM »

Shrug  As Bev said earlier, its not something that ever intrigued me.  All I know is that its illegal and f**ks peoples heads up.

Well, alcohol is legal (now, at least) and ***** people's heads up. If it doesn't intrigue you, no one is ever going to force you to do it even if it was legalised.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #107 on: August 18, 2010, 10:22 PM »

Sadly, even if people are prescribed them by doctors, some states here still see it as illegal and you will be put in jail/given a fine if you are caught with it.

There was a case a while back in Orkney where a woman was growing cannabis to self-prescribe for her MS and ended up arrested and fined and punished in some other way. Way less harmful than some of the other medications you can get.

IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #108 on: August 18, 2010, 10:23 PM »

Alcohol should be considered as one of the legal drugs in this context. Along with tobacco.

Personally, I'd be in favour of legalising cannabis if you banned tobacco......
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #109 on: August 18, 2010, 10:24 PM »

Alcohol should be considered as one of the legal drugs in this context. Along with tobacco.

yes

The woman I mentioned in my above post cooked it in brownies and took it that way Smile
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #110 on: August 18, 2010, 10:26 PM »

My point about bringing up the fact that alcohol was made illegal for a time was that we can't say that what the government deems legal and illegal is where the line between "safe" and "unsafe" lies also. Alcohol was legal before the early 1900s and "safe" but when the government made it illegal, it became harmful, only to be legalised and made safe again? It's not like anything changed in the actual contents.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #111 on: August 18, 2010, 10:30 PM »

My point about bringing up the fact that alcohol was made illegal for a time was that we can't say that what the government deems legal and illegal is where the line between "safe" and "unsafe" lies also. Alcohol was legal before the early 1900s and "safe" but when the government made it illegal, it became harmful, only to be legalised and made safe again? It's not like anything changed in the actual contents.

I approve of this logic. Self love
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #112 on: August 18, 2010, 10:30 PM »

Well, alcohol is legal (now, at least) and f**ks people's heads up. If it doesn't intrigue you, no one is ever going to force you to do it even if it was legalised.

Of course noone would force me, I'm too old for peer pressure now. Wouldn't make a difference if it was legal or not. Growing up I thought it would be something I would try when I'm older, I saw people on it and changed my opinion. More so when I did experience it. I have a friend who doesn't drink because her mum is an alcoholic. She's seen the bad things and won't do it, I'm the same with drugs.
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #113 on: August 18, 2010, 10:31 PM »

The government in the US blamed alcohol for a lot of problems and that's why they tried to ban it. But the ban was unworkable and caused more problems than it solved.

I reckon people who want to legalise all drugs will use the same argument, that it would lessen the problems, but I don't agree. Alcohol as a substance is not as harmful as the majority of drugs. It'd be a class C if anything. lol

IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #114 on: August 18, 2010, 10:32 PM »

The government in the US blamed alcohol for a lot of problems and that's why they tried to ban it. But the ban was unworkable and caused more problems than it solved.

I reckon people who want to legalise all drugs will use the same argument, that it would lessen the problems, but I don't agree. Alcohol as a substance is not as harmful as the majority of drugs. It'd be a class C if anything. lol

It would be C at the very least, not "if anything".
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #115 on: August 18, 2010, 10:33 PM »

It would be C at the very least, not "if anything".

That's because it's the bottom rung and would have to be something.

I don't believe it would be a class A or B. Not a chance.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #116 on: August 18, 2010, 10:36 PM »

That's because it's the bottom rung and would have to be something.

I don't believe it would be a class A or B. Not a chance.

I thought it went lower than C? My bad.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #117 on: August 18, 2010, 10:36 PM »

Anyone seen trainspotting? What a film, but if it don't scare you off heroin nowt will!! Jebus, with my arm I look like one of the cast doh
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #118 on: August 18, 2010, 10:41 PM »

I thought it went lower than C? My bad.

Don't think so. A, B, C and I suppose "unclassified"
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #119 on: August 19, 2010, 01:10 AM »

http://www.sarnia.com/groups/antidrug/argument/myths.html
IP Logged