Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Should drug use be made legal? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Reply
Author

Should drug use be made legal?

(Read 1436 times)
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #120 on: August 19, 2010, 01:18 AM »

I haven't claimed that most illegal drugs are safe. My argument is that we should be in charge of our own bodies.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #121 on: August 19, 2010, 01:32 AM »

I think the link actually refers to that point towards the end.
IP Logged
Yamor
Top Seed

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #122 on: August 19, 2010, 01:35 AM »

Just checked - it's discussed in myth number 8.
I'm not saying I agree with the website, I just linked it because it discusses a lot of the points discussed on this thread.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #123 on: August 19, 2010, 08:43 AM »

I think legalising Marijuana will cause more people to take it and then for more people to move on to the next level, the more hazardous stuff.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #124 on: August 19, 2010, 08:48 AM »

Would appear I've a few pages to catch up on here search but having looked at a few, maybe not.
My argument is that we should be in charge of our own bodies.

To a point, I agree.
IP Logged
ILW

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #125 on: August 19, 2010, 08:53 AM »

NO!!!!!!  l wouldn't like to see it being made legal!!!!
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #126 on: August 19, 2010, 08:56 AM »

To a point, I agree.

I agree we should be incharge of our bodies, otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to get my tattoos.  As I wouldn't do these drugs myself but I'm concidered for the mental health of the people I love who would do it.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #127 on: August 19, 2010, 09:05 AM »

I agree we should be incharge of our bodies, otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to get my tattoos.  As I wouldn't do these drugs myself but I'm concidered for the mental health of the people I love who would do it.

Thing is Amy, we can't care for everyone, and people have to make their own judgement calls.  Sometimes those in need of help can't see it for themselves and sometimes, someone has to step in and put them on the right path.  I wouldn't want to be with anyone that used drugs - recreational or otherwise - and though that seems pretty judgemental of me, then I have to live with that decision and it might be my loss but it will be theirs too. 
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #128 on: August 19, 2010, 09:15 AM »

I wouldn't want to be with anyone that used drugs - recreational or otherwise - and though that seems pretty judgemental of me, then I have to live with that decision and it might be my loss but it will be theirs too. 

I completely agree with this, I feel the same.  But who am I to tell people what to do.  I have said I would never preach to something about taking drugs.  Those close to me know I don't agree with it and if my friends or their partners have done drugs and they let it slip to me they straight away start to make excuses.  My own family members have done it and I'm disappointed, but I don't tell them they shouldn't do it.

My brother once said to me, he would rather I did cannabis over sniffing poppers.  Because hes pro cannabis and hes homophobic.  I thought it was ridiculous.  Cannabis is completely different from poppers.  With poppers you are lucky if the sensation lasts 10 seconds.  And I haven't had poppers for ages coz the shop where we bought it closed down.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #129 on: August 19, 2010, 11:21 AM »

I'm very selective as to what I put in my mouth, and poppers is something that wouldn't be there either.
IP Logged
Joely
Junior

Re: Should drug use be made legal? « Reply #130 on: September 08, 2010, 11:33 AM »

I think so. Clearly criminalisation does not prevent drug use. We say "oh, well, society cannot be seen to condone illegal drugs" but we can still show disapproval - but alongside a more useful measure of pragmatic compassion. Criminalisation only serves to push the problem underground, where it can't be tackled.

Drug addiction is an illness and should be treated as such. If the state could provide addicts with safe substances, we could drive out the smugglers and dealers who profit so handsomely from bringing contaminated drugs into the country and leaving a filthy chain of human misery in their wake. These people are the crooks; the poor dribbling druggies hardly grew up dreaming of this life for themselves, did they?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »