Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Chit Chat  >  Sky Sports 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Sky Sports

(Read 2657 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Sky Sports « on: October 22, 2005, 07:05 PM »

I finally got Sky installed and I havn't done much research but I think the last time I looked there were two Sky Sports packages to choose from. Can someone tell me the best for tennis coverage including the price?
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

Sky Sports « Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 07:43 PM »

most of the tennis is shown on sky sports xtra or sky sports 1 any package that includes this 2 channels is worth getting, hope i helped

p.s. to be sure id just get all the sports channels
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Sky Sports « Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 08:32 PM »

getting all the sky sports channels is quite costly, and during the winter they only show really random stuff that no body is interested in...but during the tennis seasons they do show a lot of it, and it's definitly worth getting...but pricey!  Rolling Eyes
if you don't get the sky sports channels - you are stuck with 2 europsort channels - they don't show as much tennis, actually not as near the amount sky sports show, but it's free....nothing to pay - and they do show some tourneys...but not all....however they garauantee to show all the finals of all the tournaments!

any clearer Mark?!  Very Happy  (not sure about exact prices - i got sky about 3 years ago so all has changes with package sytems!)
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Sky Sports « Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 08:39 PM »

Thanks for the info guys but about Eurosport - I tried accessing Eurosport GB and Eurosport 2 and it said I would need to pay for it to be added to my subscription  lame
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Sky Sports « Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 09:07 PM »

Although the highlights of the Semis today were shown on Sky Sports 2 but I would recommend on getting all the sport channels and find Eurosoprt show a lot of the Women's Tour events.  Although they are good fot the Grand Slams.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Sky Sports « Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 09:22 PM »

Unless you like women's tennis, then you absolutely have to have Sky Sports.

They cover all the Master's Series, plus Davis Cup ( not Britain as that's on the Beeb) and the US Open with multi choice screens on most of those tournaments.

I loathe EuroSport. They are patchy in their coverage, although they do cover ATP Gold and International Tournaments, but when and who is a real lottery.

The downside of Sky is having to listen to Barry Cowan and Sam Smith. Cowan brings a new meaning to banality, so invest in ear plugs.  :P

It's not cheap, but it IS the best. Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Sky Sports « Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 01:57 AM »

Woah, Sky Sports is very expensive!

For Sky Sports 1 and 3 or Sky Sports 2 and 3 it's £13 a month on top of my £15 a month. But I don't think either of those packages are good for tennis coverage are they? So if I was to buy Sky Sports 1, 2, 3, Xtra it would cost £19 extra.

It's a lot of money Crying or Very sad

P.S. Do those prices sound about right?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Sky Sports « Reply #7 on: October 23, 2005, 11:25 AM »

P.S. Do those prices sound about right?

'Fraid so Mark.  I think we pay around £42 per month for the full package, including movies and all sports.  Shock  I have to say, though, we very seldom watch anything but the Sky Channels now, and we defintely watch more sport than anything else.  Sky Sports Xtra is a must for tennis.
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Sky Sports « Reply #8 on: October 23, 2005, 12:36 PM »

Elly's right, Mark.

It's very expensive for students, I know, but SSExtra is THE channel for men's tennis. I dont suppose you have any rich relatives?  :P
IP Logged
kevster6969
Junior

Sky Sports « Reply #9 on: October 23, 2005, 01:21 PM »

mark if your going to spend a lot of time at home and you love your sports, then like me its worth the cost because sky has the best coverage for all the top sports and that includes tennis m8.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Sky Sports « Reply #10 on: October 23, 2005, 07:30 PM »

The only sport I love is tennis but I will atleast pay for Sky Sports for the big tennis events, not sure whether to pay every month though.
IP Logged
cutiepie

Sky Sports « Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 02:05 PM »

Yea i recently got sky sports (all the sports channels) added to watch tennis. Ive already got  cable (ntl) on the phone and computer cos of my nursing studies so adding sky cost me an extra 23 pounds. Crying or Very sad  I got a discount of 10 a month for 6 months but still on a nursing bursery it all adds up! So instead of rave ups in nottingham town (300 pubs and clubs in a 1 mile square) Very Happy I have joined the nottingham tennis center (lta and it has the nottingham open there) and play on the adult social nite. So now i can watch Murray Shock  improve my tennis stay fit and alchohol free... every cloud unfortunately still single Frown
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »